Page 546 of 662 FirstFirst ... 46446496536542543544545546547548549550556596646 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,190 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I don't think he does sit on the council. Those are supposed to be elected officials and I don't think he has been elected yet. We said hes a figurehead, we didnt say he didnt do anything. I'm curious to know what his technical position is now. Its Black Panther, but what does that mean now.
    Nothing in the solo.

Outside of the BP solo, he's king and it means something.

But enough of my dislike for Coates. This is the Storm thread.

I can't stand Coates Storm.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Whoa. Back up with that BP hate. That's my dude.

CBB/BP for life.
    OH, I know he's your dude.
    That's why I said your hatred is close to mine as yours is to Coates.
    You can't deny it haha.

Anyway, I just read all of Captain America and that book is very slow and honestly it's just as boring as BP. It's good, but boring

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    OH, I know he's your dude.
    That's why I said your hatred is close to mine as yours is to Coates.
    You can't deny it haha.

Anyway, I just read all of Captain America and that book is very slow and honestly it's just as boring as BP. It's good, but boring
    Yeah, the pacing on Cap is atrocious right now. 15 issues in and no end in site.

And yes, I acknowledge the power we possess!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I don't think he does sit on the council. Those are supposed to be elected officials and I don't think he has been elected yet. We said hes a figurehead, we didnt say he didnt do anything. I'm curious to know what his technical position is now. Its Black Panther, but what does that mean now.
    hes on the council. in the 2016 run they asked him why he wasnt there and he said he was doing his kingly business. I will provide the scan in a bit.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hes on the council. in the 2016 run they asked him why he wasnt there and he said he was doing his kingly business. I will provide the scan in a bit.
    I remember the scene. That was the constitutional council. It was during the transition stage because Ramonda said in a later issue or that one "Wakanda is not a democracy yet." Now we have Okoye saying that Tchall is only a leader in spirit when he disappears. Which should mean that the new govt. has formed.

Me either.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Nothing in the solo.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Me either.
    I feel like the Momentum of Coates Storm is dying.

It seems like the only good thing he's done for Storm is make her a God, and yet we still don't have much information.
    I went back and read his BP&Crew and I must say re-reading it eh not so good.

Their relationship doesn't seem promising after this latest issue. I hope Coates pulls a rabbit out of his hat and does something cool with Storm.
    I know it's not her book, but it just feels like she's a wasted space now that Nakia is here.

I hope he does something good with Storm next issue.

I remember the scene. That was the constitutional council. It was during the transition stage because Ramonda said in a later issue or that one "Wakanda is not a democracy yet." Now we have Okoye saying that Tchall is only a leader in spirit when he disappears. Which should mean that the new govt. has formed.
    its understood he isnt the defacto leader but his role is definitely more than a figurehead akin to queen Elizabeth who has zero power. that was simply an incorrect statement.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I feel like the Momentum of Coates Storm is dying.

It seems like the only good thing he's done for Storm is make her a God, and yet we still don't have much information.
    I went back and read his BP&Crew and I must say re-reading it eh not so good.

Their relationship doesn't seem promising after this latest issue. I hope Coates pulls a rabbit out of his hat and does something cool with Storm.
    I know it's not her book, but it just feels like she's a wasted space now that Nakia is here.

I hope he does something good with Storm next issue.
    Well i'll only find about it here. lol. I'm done with coates. I even got mad reading Cap after the last few days of discussions. I just can't. The fact that its a good book makes me even more done with him if that makes sense. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

You have got to be joking.

I'd sooner support Bendis.

#not gonna happen.
    bendis??? uhm no sir .

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    That’s how I feel. He’s done a lot more with Storm than any x-writer. Fingers crossed she appears in Black Panther II.

This time they need to get a good Storm.
    exactly he has done so much for the character. through his vision she has a deeper connection to her father's community, her being a black person has been further explored l, her ties to her community beyond being just ab xman has been further explored, and of course her connection to wakanda has been given a much deeper meaning. the development she has been granted under a franchise that isnt her home is drastically different from what we have seen from the xoffices. as I mentioned before I will be forever grateful for his contributions to her mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    bendis??? uhm no sir .

exactly he has done so much for the character. through his vision she has a deeper connection to her father's community, her being a black person has been further explored l, her ties to her community beyond being just ab xman has been further explored, and of course her connection to wakanda has been given a much deeper meaning. the development she has been granted under a franchise that isnt her home is drastically different from what we have seen from the xoffices. as I mentioned before I will be forever grateful for his contributions to her mythos.
    so now your giving Coates credit for what Hudlin did? Now we are going a bit far. It was hudlin who had Storm connect with david's family all coates did was have her show up in harlem in a story that had nothing to do with his father.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Well i'll only find about it here. lol. I'm done with coates. I even got mad reading Cap after the last few days of discussions. I just can't. The fact that its a good book makes me even more done with him if that makes sense. lol
    It makes sense I get it. Cap is good, but as I told Marvell2100 Cap is also BORING just like his BP it's so BORING. I read BP just for Storm and she's only done 1 cool thing throughout this arc.

And now that Storm gave Nakia this BS blessing of being their for her dude that she is supposedly to be in love with kinda makes it pointless for her to be there anymore...IMO.

I'm not fully done with Coates, because he is a good writer, but I hope picks the momentum back up like he did in BP 2016 with Goddess Storm.

It makes sense I get it. Cap is good, but as I told Marvell2100 Cap is also BORING just like his BP it's so BORING. I read BP just for Storm and she's only done 1 cool thing throughout this arc.

And now that Storm gave Nakia this BS blessing of being their for her dude that she is supposedly to be in love with kinda makes it pointless for her to be there anymore...IMO.

I'm not fully done with Coates, because he is a good writer, but I hope picks the momentum back up like he did in BP 2016 with Goddess Storm.
    He's a good writer but i just can't get past how he treats black male characters. Even in his Captain America run i remember rolling by eyes at the men holding a knife to the woman's throat in brooklyn. He should have stayed subtle, now i can't unsee.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

so now your giving Coates credit for what Hudlin did? Now we are going a bit far. It was hudlin who had Storm connect with david's family all coates did was have her show up in harlem in a story that had nothing to do with his father.
    did you miss all of black panther and the crew. her visiting Harlem becoming an important part of her father's community had nothing fo do with hudlin lol.

lmao she visited harlem in claremont run, that was her father's community. coates did not add anything to connect storm to her father's family. but i can't today, i just can't debate with made up narratives it's been a long day. coates didn't have one of her father family members show up despite hudlin showing us they are still alive.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.