Page 196 of 239 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3583
  1. #2926
    Astonishing Member Celestial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Let's just not try casting at all since they aren't even going to use the mutants for many years to come(making age appropriate choices now irrelevant 5 years hence). I hope they just go out there and get some randoms anyways, so the characters, not the actors, become the main driving force for the stories.

    Feige can send some casting directors out to eastern Africa and find us a tall Nilotic young woman with cheekbones for days and real accent(and mastery of Swahili and Arabic, not to mention another language) when the time comes. Let's not scrap the bottom of the Hollywood barrel. We need a new star for Ororo.
    I think it’s fine to get well known actors. Only Fox seems to have a problem with making the movies about the actors and not the characters. You’re setting yourself up for disappointment when they end up getting someone who doesn’t fit exactly the description you want.

  2. #2927
    Mighty Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Let's just not try casting at all since they aren't even going to use the mutants for many years to come(making age appropriate choices now irrelevant 5 years hence). I hope they just go out there and get some randoms anyways, so the characters, not the actors, become the main driving force for the stories.

    Feige can send some casting directors out to eastern Africa and find us a tall Nilotic young woman with cheekbones for days and real accent(and mastery of Swahili and Arabic, not to mention another language) when the time comes. Let's not scrap the bottom of the Hollywood barrel. We need a new star for Ororo.
    Technically since Storm is also a goddess and has history in the MU as a goddess before ever becoming (being recognized as a mutant)a mutant, she could be the introduced into the MU at anytime and then later find out she is also a mutant. ^_^. She can check charles like she never got to do in the comics.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  3. #2928
    Mighty Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,897

    Default

    And this has nothing to do with anything but my sister got african dna test done and on our mothers side i know what african countries i'm connected to. my father was jamacian. it really made me feel powerful and i know i never would have done it myself. ancestry.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  4. #2929
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Let's just not try casting at all since they aren't even going to use the mutants for many years to come(making age appropriate choices now irrelevant 5 years hence). I hope they just go out there and get some randoms anyways, so the characters, not the actors, become the main driving force for the stories.

    Feige can send some casting directors out to eastern Africa and find us a tall Nilotic young woman with cheekbones for days and real accent(and mastery of Swahili and Arabic, not to mention another language) when the time comes. Let's not scrap the bottom of the Hollywood barrel. We need a new star for Ororo.
    I actually think they will go with an unknown actress or I wouldbt be surprised. however, mustn't forget ororo technically African American. I wouldnt mind an African playing her but I would be fine with an Africa American woman who fits the aesthetic of ororo both in height color, and breathtakingly gorgeous looks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thanks. They're beautiful
    yes these were drawn by jen bartel. I really am hoping we see that storm solo featuring her and coates at some point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Height really doesnít bother me. Not saying the actress should be 5í3 but I donít think someone 5í5 with heels would be a bad choice. Aja Naomi king is 5í5 according to google. Let her wear some 4 inch heels and she would be 5í9 which is still above average for a female.
    if she as an actress can do stunts and kicks in heels all the time I would be fine here. I hope whichever actor they choose we see more h2h with use of her powers as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I think itís fine to get well known actors. Only Fox seems to have a problem with making the movies about the actors and not the characters. Youíre setting yourself up for disappointment when they end up getting someone who doesnít fit exactly the description you want.

    fair point.

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Technically since Storm is also a goddess and has history in the MU as a goddess before ever becoming (being recognized as a mutant)a mutant, she could be the introduced into the MU at anytime and then later find out she is also a mutant. ^_^. She can check charles like she never got to do in the comics.

    why have all your posts been giving me life today lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #2930
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And this has nothing to do with anything but my sister got african dna test done and on our mothers side i know what african countries i'm connected to. my father was jamacian. it really made me feel powerful and i know i never would have done it myself. ancestry.jpg
    that's awesome . I've always been curious to kno my DNA. thank you so much for sharing.. not many black folks in countries of the Americas can say what you are now able to say.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  6. #2931

    Default

    Ororo is half AA, half ancient ass Nilotic African. And it's that second part that is where most of her mythology is rooted in. Ororo is not the girl next door. The actress they cast for her should reflect that.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  7. #2932
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Ororo is half AA, half ancient ass Nilotic African. And it's that second part that is where most of her mythology is rooted in. Ororo is not the girl next door. The actress they cast for her should reflect that.
    agreed she totally snt the girl next door. as long as we get a chocolate, statuesque, stunningly beautiful fierce looking woman I'm all in. but I get your point.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  8. #2933
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,005

    Default

    LOL I just read the posts here and in the BP thread and y'all never disappoint! People need to accept the fact that Storm is a member of the BP mythos at this point. It's a shame that so many posters actively shade Storm instead of focusing on writers/editors.


    As a fan of both characters and a frequent poster in both threads I hope those of you that posted in the BP thread today continue to do so. It's refreshing to get more/different opinions on things. I liked the convo discussing Wakanda's relationship to other African nations and Wakanda's relationship with the X-men.


    I can't wait to see T'Challa and Storm reunited again.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  9. #2934
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    LOL I just read the posts here and in the BP thread and y'all never disappoint! People need to accept the fact that Storm is a member of the BP mythos at this point. It's a shame that so many posters actively shade Storm instead of focusing on writers/editors.


    As a fan of both characters and a frequent poster in both threads I hope those of you that posted in the BP thread today continue to do so. It's refreshing to get more/different opinions on things. I liked the convo discussing Wakanda's relationship to other African nations and Wakanda's relationship with the X-men.


    I can't wait to see T'Challa and Storm reunited again.
    here's the thing I don't see the problem with posting in bp thread about storm when its relevant to him. I like there often as the discussion there is one of the more interesting ones here on the site but let's be real. that forum isn't the most welcoming to those who love storm. I saw all the shade against her even before today but I find it to be more constructive to just let people vent and when I want to show love to them both I di it here.

    to your last point I cant wait either. weds cant come fast enough.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  10. #2935
    Fantastic Member Jalysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Chile, these posts are giving me all kinds off life. I'm doing the Tommy Strong laugh.

  11. #2936
    Mighty Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    here's the thing I don't see the problem with posting in bp thread about storm when its relevant to him. I like there often as the discussion there is one of the more interesting ones here on the site but let's be real. that forum isn't the most welcoming to those who love storm. I saw all the shade against her even before today but I find it to be more constructive to just let people vent and when I want to show love to them both I di it here.

    to your last point I cant wait either. weds cant come fast enough.
    I only go to the BP thread to share Storm/Bp art or if something good happens because i love to debate and i would spend all day there throwing facts at the apeople who have a problem with Storm while acting like one movie makes Tchalla Alist when in said movie he was replaceable, literally. so i just avoid for the most part.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  12. #2937
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Chile, these posts are giving me all kinds off life. I'm doing the Tommy Strong laugh.
    jwatson and ororo101 get the mvps for shutting down cbr lolol. I'm still shook.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  13. #2938
    Spectacular Member stormstan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    She plays the oldest daughter on blackish and is the star of grownish.
    Attachment 83778

    and yes the hate would be real and i would be so petty. "well the marvel cinematic u never showed bast. mwahahha"
    I know you did not just say Yara 💀💀💀 her acting is as stiff as a cardboard

  14. #2939
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,005

    Default

    I like seeing Storm and Shuri work together. Storm's relationship with Shuri and also Ramonda is something I would like to see more of:

    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  15. #2940
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    jwatson and ororo101 get the mvps for shutting down cbr lolol. I'm still shook.
    Lol they really were going in and not a single poster could really clap-back.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •