Page 362 of 662 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372412462 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    This was great, her history as a leader and her relationships with her fellow brothers and sisters was perfectly conveyed. Now I'm really wondering if Storm's relationship with Wakanda/T'Challa could actually be further developed since it was hinted to keep reading both books during the trash Monday interview.
    I'm wondering too. What if Ororo and T'Challa discussed it at length and she's completely fine with him not accepting the deal? What if with all their history she fully supports his misgivings and his distrust of the mutant criminal apologists?

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    It's already been mentioned, but Storm felt like a woman with purpose here. She felt like a woman that inspires devotion. She felt like someone that cherishes her mutant pride. I absolutely loved her interactions with Scott and Jean. Her exchange with Cyclops just felt right. I felt like this was a continuation of their relationship from Yost's World's Apart and Gillen's extinction team. Those were the best times in their shared relationship. It humanized them. It put them on the same playing field. And it showed how they hold one another in high esteem. I loved every minute of it. Y'all I'm damned excited. The forehead kiss reminds me of really tight siblings. I kiss my sisters all the time and even when they don't want me to. Lolol it is Storm responsibility and her desire to love her family of mutants. I loved that sense of community. Now if only she could show this love to her father's family.

'Ro's interaction with Jean felt so very, very genuine. I know Storm loves Jean and vice versa. O could almost feel Storm's sigh of relief as she embraced Jean once more after witnessing her death. It was quite touching. I literally teared up.

My most favorite part is one that I know won't get much attention. Storm and Monet together makes my heart melt. Storm is that big sister to her. Ro was so ready to embrace Monet the same exact way she did the others, but Monet isnt with the mushy stuff. Storm's response and that beautiful laughing panel of her was SOOOO sweet for me. That was a laugh that said Storm sees Monet. Not only does she see her, she connects with it. Monet is the lil sis that's always in the shadow of big sis. Big sis doesn't quite mean to cast as large of a shadow as she does it's just natural to her. Lil sis' only coping mechanism is to reject overt affection and pretend that she's above it all. Monet really wanted that physical contact, just not in front of ALL of Krakoa. Y'all these two really have me in my feelings. Like, seriously? Black mutant girls ftw. Where tf is Bishop? I'm even more excited to see him now.
    Idk if this is a dumb question but what is Monet ethnicity?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    Idk if this is a dumb question but what is Monet ethnicity?
    I believe she is biracial and is a dark skinned woman but has been shown light skinned a majority of the time.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Especially since Wakanda was willing to recognize Jeans' Mutant Nation.

Somethings going on.
    As a diplomat, I believe he was fine with the P5 initially as well.

Hickman is sowing seeds it seems. Find out what this means in 4 years, in an off panel time skip
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

So many people saying Storm sounded like a cultist. I think she came across as a proud leader of a movement and culture. By leading the ceremony, evaluating and presenting the resurrected mutants-- it showed how important she is to the X-Men and the mutant society on Krakoa. She doesn't have to be a field leader to be among the most respected leaders in their society. She was also playing an important role by creating social solidarity among the mutants by leading the celebration of a pivotal moment in mutant culture and history.

So far Hickman is doing way better with 'Ro than Red, imho. lol

I mean I guess I can see some of the cult vibe criticism, but Storm is a goddess and has a spiritual side/history anyways. She has been worshiped as a goddess and has been/is an actual goddess. So, surely we can forgive her for giving into religious-like zeal on such a special occasion. It was what the moment called for and she delivered!

It was my favorite part of today's issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    So many people saying Storm sounded like a cultist. I think she came across as a proud leader of a movement and culture. By leading the ceremony, evaluating and presenting the resurrected mutants-- it showed how important she is to the X-Men and the mutant society on Krakoa. She doesn't have to be a field leader to be among the most respected leaders in their society. She was also playing an important role by creating social solidarity among the mutants by leading the celebration of a pivotal moment in mutant culture and history.

I mean I guess I can see some of the cult vibe criticism, but Storm is a goddess and has a spiritual side/history anyways. She has been worshiped as a goddess and has been/is an actual goddess. So, surely we can forgive her for giving into religious-like zeal on such a special occasion. It was what the moment called for and she delivered!

I agree.

I honestly saw this more as a Tribal type thing. I thought Hickman wrote Storm's Voice VERY WELL. She only rallied the People of Krakoa and gave them voice to make them feel proud of being a mutant. That's the whole point. Mutants being afraid to Scream "I am a Mutant" in public. Storm is a natural born leader and one of the figure heads that many X-Men look up too and respect. Storm giving the people of Krakoa the confidence and courage with her speech as a Goddess she is makes sense to me. I don't know where this Cult stuff, and this Storm seems weird and what not is coming from...I loved this scene with Storm. Her talk with Scott and Jean was beautiful and hearkens back to classic X-Men.
    If, Being proud of your nation and heritage and to scream it out loud makes you a cultist?! LOL then WOW...
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-18-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post

someone likened this speech to how she sounded during the morlock era. I want to read it again and see if my initial reaction changes for me as when I initially read it her voice sounded off but I think you make some great points. my personal favorites were Jean/cyclops and how they related to ororo. they were very tender and this is more of what I wanted to see when these characters first were resurrected.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I agree.

I honestly saw this more as a Tribal type thing. I thought Hickman wrote Storm's Voice VERY WELL. She only rallied the People of Krakoa and gave them voice to make them feel proud of being a mutant. That's the whole point. Mutants being afraid to Scream "I am a Mutant" in public. Storm is a natural born leader and one of the figure heads that many X-Men look up too and respect. Storm giving the people of Krakoa the confidence and courage with her speech as a Goddess she is makes sense to me. I don't know where this Cult stuff, and this Storm seems weird and what not is coming from...I loved this scene with Storm. Her talk with Scott and Jean was beautiful and hearkens back to classic X-Men.
    If, Being proud of your nation and heritage and to scream it out loud makes you a cultist?! LOL then WOW...
    I like the Phoenix. you make a great point about them being able to scream I am mutantvwithiut fearing being hated or persecuted.

Did you see the Marauders solicits for #3 and #4. It appears that the Hellfire Club has two queens. I am seriously guessing that Storm is the new Black Queen of the Hellfire Club and actually co-leading the HFC with Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Did you see the Marauders solicits for #3 and #4. It appears that the Hellfire Club has two queens. I am seriously guessing that Storm is the new Black Queen of the Hellfire Club and actually co-leading the HFC with Emma.
    I just read them. i mean that would actually make sense if it were storm but then why would she be on the team kitty is leading? l'm thinkkng maybe selene makes a triumphant return back to the top spot? who do you want it to be?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I just read them. i mean that would actually make sense if it were storm but then why would she be on the team kitty is leading? l'm thinkkng maybe selene makes a triumphant return back to the top spot? who do you want it to be?
    Deep in my secret heart I would love for it to be Jean, just because of all the drama it would cause on the forums to have Jean and Emma working closely together as allies.

But to me it should be Storm, and I don't think it matters that Kitty is Captain of the ship. A lot of times in the old days the owner's representative was on the ship and while at Sea the Captain was the absolute authority. But at port in negotiations often it was the owner's representative that made all the decisions.

So if Storm is an ambassador of Krakoa and co-leader of the HFC I think it would make a lot of sense, particularly in what I saw today with Storm being in a strong leadership role in Krakoa.

BANNED

Why does Storm have to be the "Black" Queen of the HFC. LOL I"m just kidding!!!.

I don't know. I made my comment in the New HFC that it's not Storm and most likely Selene. But now that I look back at what the HFC actually is and what it stands for to Krakoa???
    It probably IS Storm.

Why does Storm have to be the "Black" Queen of the HFC. LOL I"m just kidding!!!.

I don't know. I made my comment in the New HFC that it's not Storm and most likely Selene. But now that I look back at what the HFC actually is and what it stands for to Krakoa???
    It probably IS Storm.
    To me that seems the most logical choice, simply because it's made clear that Sebastian is trying to take control of the club away from the Queens. That means that the White Queen and Black Queen are reasonably allied with each other. I think it's Storm and Emma who are running the HFC as co-leaders. Sebastian was probably brought in because he has a lot of business and shipping contacts, but the leadership is under the control of Storm and Emma.

BANNED

To me that seems the most logical choice, simply because it's made clear that Sebastian is trying to take control of the club away from the Queens. That means that the White Queen and Black Queen are reasonably allied with each other. I think it's Storm and Emma who are running the HFC as co-leaders. Sebastian was probably brought in because he has a lot of business and shipping contacts, but the leadership is under the control of Storm and Emma.
    Which could cause issues later on for the X-Men because Sebastion is in Krakoa due to the Solicit of Marauders #2. And he's going against what Charles tasked Emma with. UNLESS this is bad blood from Emma stealing it from him in the first place in Uncanny X-Men. But I agree with you if we want some DRAMA, you better make Jean or Selene or hell Rogue the Next HFC and Emma will lose her ****!!!

It probably IS Storm.
    The "Black Queen" part is a bit tricky, I guess she could be "Red Queen" too, they have done that in the past. It is unfortunate with the basis on chess pieces that having Storm be the Black Queen does kind of sound a bit problematic. Emma has traditionally been the White Queen from since she started. I did look it up on Wikipedia and Storm shared the White King position with Erik and they alternated going to meetings. So even back then they didn't have her take on the role of Black Queen.