Page 333 of 662 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337343383433 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I've never read the story before but for those of you have is the story where she travels to a different dimension using the ruby on her costume at times any good? what was it about and does it tie to her mystical heritage in any way?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I've never read the story before but for those of you have is the story where she travels to a different dimension using the ruby on her costume at times any good? what was it about and does it tie to her mystical heritage in any way?

You mean when she open a portal in the Savage Land? It was an alright story. She helped people who lived on flying Foxs. Help win a couple of battles, kind of became the Queen's daugther...then decided to go home. How long she stayed in the other dimension has never been said.

Also...any of you guys remember where the video with sound came from?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    You mean when she open a portal in the Savage Land? It was an alright story. She helped people who lived on flying Foxs. Help win a couple of battles, kind of became the Queen's daugther...then decided to go home. How long she stayed in the other dimension has never been said.

Also...any of you guys remember where the video with sound came from?
    i think it was just a fan animation. I remember the Jean grey one. Nothing official though.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    There are two stories... One that features M'Rin giving Ororo a Ruby Crystal

Classic X-Men #22

and one that tells us the history of the Madripoor Set to which Ororo's ruby belongs to.

Spectacular Member

Attachment 86437

Another variant cover for HOX/POX

I’m not sure if it’s been posted in here yet. I like it, looks like she’s having fun in the savage land

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    There are two stories... One that features M'Rin giving Ororo a Ruby Crystal

Classic X-Men #22

and one that tells us the history of the Madripoor Set to which Ororo's ruby belongs to.
    How tall is M'Rin? They both look barefoot and M'Rin appears to tower over Ororo.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Currently in Florida marveling at the power this hurricane is packing. It got me thinking. How do you think people in the 616 would realistically respond to Ororo not interfering with major hurricanes like this when she could wave them away with a flick of her hand? And how do you believe Ororo would respond to these accusations? Just some thoughts I had as I watch this monster get closer and closer lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Currently in Florida marveling at the power this hurricane is packing. It got me thinking. How do you think people in the 616 would realistically respond to Ororo not interfering with major hurricanes like this when she could wave them away with a flick of her hand? And how do you believe Ororo would respond to these accusations? Just some thoughts I had as I watch this monster get closer and closer lol
    I feel like most people would understand if she did nothing tbh. Especially if she explains the cause and effect. Remember when she said sge doesn't interfere with the natural order because she might trigger something else?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

That's complicated. I think her fans that have a general understanding of her powers would give her a pass. Everyone else would call her every name in the book. Storm would be able to stop devastating hurricanes without a doubt. But that would just be putting a band aid on the wound. Ororo would have to go to the root cause of issue. She'd be forced to topple huge industrial complexes both private and governmental. Everything she would have to do in order to bring the global ecosystem into balance would essentially mean What If? Stormphoenix would have to play out. She would have to conquer the globe in order to save lives.

Seeing as that's totally outside her nature, I think Storm would go the band aid route. I think she would also be more active in bringing more attention to emergency evacuation procedures and whatnot. She'd definitely stick around to help with the clean up. This scenario is really good because it's basically the opening to her solo played out in many different ways. I'd look forward to Beast in her ear, keeping her up to date on exactly what government she's currently pissing off. I really enjoyed that dynamic between them. He really just got caught in the middle a few times and Ro frazzled him. Lol

Most importantly, I want to see how big industry responds to the very real threat that she is. She's going to receive backlash as a black woman as it is. Nothing she does will ever be good enough to some. But I'm interested in the moment she has to let everyone know just what she can do. Only then will there be a mass awakening that the world simply cannot operate the same way it's been. In my mind, the moment give us a similar feeling to when Tony Stark revealed himself to be Ironman. Only with Storm there's an added fear that cannot be denied. There's a black woman of otherworldly origins that has too much power to not take notice. I'm getting so giddy just thinking about it.

It’s funny that I’m thinking the same thing. I definitely think people would have a lot of negative things to say about Storm if she did nothing. Hurricanes are no joke especially when it passes over islands like PR and the Bahamas. People would’ve put here blaming her for all the destruction.

Thor should be the one to be held accountable. His powers are magic based so he could hand-wave the storm away without there being any repercussions.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I'm not sure if this was discussed in this thread, but how do you all think Ororo would respond to all of the various fires across the Amazon rain-forest? I think she would definitely be able to sense all of the destruction.

Exactly. Ororo and T’challa are like the Bey and Jay of the 616. Everybody in the world knows who they are and their public profile could not be any bigger on the international stage, but they are both individually very private people. I don’t see either of them shopping around interviews, being seen out in casual places despite public attention, or being quoted anywhere publicly discussing their relationship. They’re honestly above all of that drama/notoriety so I can see many people, even close friends and family having to directly ask about their relationship if they had any questions about it.
    Let's not do that. Jay cheated on Bey numerous times

I'm awaiting the day Storm uses her powers on a cosmic level since she's now Omega

BANNED

In Marvel there is the Earth Mother, Gaea. Earth is her planet and she would not allow Storm or Thor to stop hurricanes. After destruction comes creation, and as things die things are born. Both Storm and Thor know it is not there place to stop bad weather, and neither serves mere mortals.