Page 458 of 662 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458459460461462468508558 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    The scene where Storm watered the plant was very symbolic. Her hand just causally making rain and it being its own panel was very omnipotent like. It was very godly so to speak.
    it reminded me of when she would water her plants in the attic.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    shes so gorgeous. I hope she gets the role in the mcu.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The scene where Storm watered the plant was very symbolic. Her hand just causally making rain and it being its own panel was very omnipotent like. It was very godly so to speak.
    The days of writers misinterpreting Ororo's powers and actually like she can't do much when deep within a building are hopefully fully over. it didn't happen much but it happened enough to become annoying.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

She did it in Xmen Evolution to water a plant.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The days of writers misinterpreting Ororo's powers and actually like she can't do much when deep within a building are hopefully fully over. it didn't happen much but it happened enough to become annoying.
    hello? I know the scene with the two kids for some is vague but the fact she was able to sene the children emitting energy is a huge step in the right direction.

I think what I enjoyed the most about this issue of Xmen is that we saw a return of ruthlessness that we dont often, if ever, see with Ororo. Case in point I believe she gravely injured some of them humans, if not killed them, during the encounter:

Attachment 88401

Do you agree?

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-best-leade...easons-marvel/

1. Storm: Won The Role

Perhaps the best evidence for Storm's ability to lead the X-Men is her success in defeating Cyclops in a battle for the role — while she was powerless!

Storm originally gained the leadership role by stepping in to replace Cyclops when he left following Jean Grey's death. When Cyclops returned to the group demanding his old position back, Storm stood strong, more confident in her leadership abilities, and suggested they fight for the position. Despite being stripped of her powers at the time, she easily gained the upper hand and won, proving her determination, strength, and willingness to fight for the team's best interests

2. Keep it Professional

It's fair to say that Cyclops can get a bit emotional. His personal life often impacts his abilities and actions as a leader. Storm, however, is staunch in keeping her work and home life separate, willing to put her personal feelings aside for the greater good.

She ended a short relationship with Arkon after realizing the importance of her X-Men responsibilities. She stabbed her long-term lover Forge in an (erroneous) attempt to save the world from inter-dimensional demons. She even sided with the X-Men over the Avengers (and her husband) during the events of Avengers vs X-Men, ending her marriage.

3. Moral Compass

Storm has an incredibly strong moral compass. Her core values have remained consistent over the decades. A firm believer in Professor X's dream for peace between human and mutantkind, she has continued to work towards that goal with dignity and kindness leading the way. Her marriage to T'Challa was a significant step towards Xavier's dream, with the Professor going so far as to name her the world's most important mutant, the pair's union symbolizing a hopeful future for human-mutant relations.

Her nobility has also granted her Asgardian power as Goddess of Thunder. Although she has wielded this power twice, she has given up the strength after completing her missions, proving she doesn't need additional enhancements.

4. Team Building

One of Storm's greatest leadership qualities is her ability to support and encourage her teammates. Often leading younger mutants, she has excelled in helping them reach their potential and become valuable members of the team.

Her kind emotional support helped Rogue in Uncanny X-Men #185, as the weather witch lent the young mutant her powers to earn her trust and give the disillusioned runaway the chance to see the world through different eyes, rooted in nature. She always acts with her teammates' safety in mind. As a consequence, the X-Men have never hesitated to rally around their patient teacher; a loyalty Cyclops struggles to maintain.

5. Omega-Level Leader

When it comes to brute force, there are few mutants who can keep up with Storm's abilities. An Omega-level mutant able to control the atmosphere, she has repeatedly proven to be a worthy opponent, having tamed tsunamis, conjured thunderstorms, and even summoned solar winds in deep space.

It isn't just her mutant abilities that give her incredible strength. Her powers have long been linked to her African lineage and deep connection to nature; a link that was proven true during her time in Wakanda. The people of Wakanda's firm belief that she was a goddess transformed her into a literal deity, able to gather strength from their prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think what I enjoyed the most about this issue of Xmen is that we saw a return of ruthlessness that we dont often, if ever, see with Ororo. Case in point I believe she gravely injured some of them humans, if not killed them, during the encounter:

Attachment 88401
    I don't think she killed them. Maybe singed some hairs, gave 'em a slight stroke, but killed? Nah. Killing some lowly humans firing on her when she has multiple ways of dealing with them would kinda make her look like a hypocrite if we look back at that speech she chastised Wolverine for using lethal force... and Storm's no hypocrite, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I don't think she killed them. Maybe singed some hairs, gave 'em a slight stroke, but killed? Nah. Killing some lowly humans firing on her when she has multiple ways of dealing with them would kinda make her look like a hypocrite if we look back at that speech she chastised Wolverine for using lethal force... and Storm's no hypocrite, right?
    What speech are you referring to where she chastised him? And I disagree about her not being a hypocrite. She definitely has in her career. The one that stands out the most to me was when she gave Cable a hard time about going preemptively after threats when she herself did the same thing when the xmen were in the outback.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Law 2: Kill. No. Humans.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    What speech are you referring to where she chastised him? And I disagree about her not being a hypocrite. She definitely has in her career. The one that stands out the most to me was when she gave Cable a hard time about going preemptively after threats when she herself did the same thing when the xmen were in the outback.
    Way back in the day(lol) back when she first became leader of the X-Men during Days of Future Past I believe... Pyro was hurting Colossus and Wolverine was on the verge of impaling him, but Storm whipped up a mini hurricane and blasted Wolverine away. They get into a mini argument and Storm tells Wolverine he's fast and strong enough to deal the situation without use of his claws. That's why I don't think she killed those guards. Even if they were firing upon her, Storm is way more powerful and has so many ways of dealing with the situation at her disposal without lethal force.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I forgot about that. Ok, now I definitely don't think she killed those humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I forgot about that. Ok, now I definitely don't think she killed those humans.
    that is true.. 10char.

Way back in the day(lol) back when she first became leader of the X-Men during Days of Future Past I believe... Pyro was hurting Colossus and Wolverine was on the verge of impaling him, but Storm whipped up a mini hurricane and blasted Wolverine away. They get into a mini argument and Storm tells Wolverine he's fast and strong enough to deal the situation without use of his claws. That's why I don't think she killed those guards. Even if they were firing upon her, Storm is way more powerful and has so many ways of dealing with the situation at her disposal without lethal force.

are you talking about this scene here?

if this is the one you have to keep in mind ororo went through a phase after losing her powers where she became less self-righteous and understood sometimes you have to kill. I dont think it's fair to compare her to that moment in time.

BANNED