Page 549 of 662 FirstFirst ... 49449499539545546547548549550551552553559599649 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,235 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I hope not. I don’t have a problem with height (I’m short myself) but Janelle is only 5 ft tall. And she really doesn’t look like how Storm should look at all.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

I like Monae well enough. She's made a solid transition from singer to actress. If she's chosen, I think it will be because Disney is looking more to which AA female actress has the star power to bring in moviegoers as opposed to finding the best fit for the role. IMO, they did the same with Boseman. Again, I like him well enough, but he's been given basically every decent African/African American role in recent memory--from Jackie Robinson to Thurgood Marshall (rolls eyes at that one), he's been given them all. Smh. Anyway, there are other AA actresses we could all think of who would be a better fit for the role of Storm but, of those, who could pull in a big fanbase like Monae?

Honestly, with how popular these movies are, every big star is clamoring to be in a Disney MCU movie. If Monae is offered the role, I doubt she would turn it down.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 11-09-2019 at 10:30 AM.

In the past couple of weeks since the white washed Storm showed up in Marauders I've been thinking that casting Halle Berry as Storm really have ppl feeling she need to be light skin or just lighter and it is really bothering me. Everyone these sites name as potential candidates for her in the MCU have been light. And no hate from me as I'm a light skin black woman, but I would like to see a brown skin Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I hope not. I don’t have a problem with height (I’m short myself) but Janelle is only 5 ft tall. And she really doesn’t look like how Storm should look at all.
    I didnt know that she was that short. but even if she was taller it would be a no for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I like Monae well enough. She's made a solid transition from singer to actress. If she's chosen, I think it will be because Disney is looking more to which AA female actress has the star power to bring in moviegoers as opposed to finding the best fit for the role. IMO, they did the same with Boseman. Again, I like him well enough, but he's been given basically every decent African/African American role in recent memory--from Jackie Robinson to Thurgood Marshall (rolls eyes at that one), he's been given them all. Smh. Anyway, there are other AA actresses we could all think of who would be a better fit for the role of Storm but, of those, who could pull in a big fanbase like Monae?

Honestly, with how popular these movies are, every big star is clamoring to be in a Disney MCU movie. If Monae is offered the role, I doubt she would turn it down.

If the looking for star power I'm not sure why they would pick monae for the part. maybe I'm being a bit biased but I just dont see her being storm. i would really prefer them going with a no name actress than going for star power but unfortunately i have no say in the regard . lolol

and to your question I'm not sure but I am most confident regardless of if the actress is known or not people will still see the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    In the past couple of weeks since the white washed Storm showed up in Marauders I've been thinking that casting Halle Berry as Storm really have ppl feeling she need to be light skin or just lighter and it is really bothering me. Everyone these sites name as potential candidates for her in the MCU have been light. And no hate from me as I'm a light skin black woman, but I would like to see a brown skin Storm.
    a storm in or around this shade would be perfect for me:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I didnt know that she was that short. but even if she was taller it would be a no for me.

If the looking for star power I'm not sure why they would pick monae for the part. maybe I'm being a bit biased but I just dont see her being storm. i would really prefer them going with a no name actress than going for star power but unfortunately i have no say in the regard . lolol

and to your question I'm not sure but I am most confident regardless of if the actress is known or not people will still see the movies.

a storm in or around this shade would be perfect for me:

Same here. When I saw her all over my Twitter feed I went crazy. But unfortunately what Guilty Pleasure said is probably true, they'll go for someone who can bring their star power instead of someone who looks closer to the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Do you guys think, in an hypothetical war scenario, that Krakoa would ask Ororo to use her Hadari Yao status/powers against Wakanda and/or Black Panther?
    I'm sure someone on the Quiet Council would ask no doubt. Storm should punch her in the face right after that.

Me too. Umm.....ok yeah.

Same here. When I saw her all over my Twitter feed I went crazy. But unfortunately what Guilty Pleasure said is probably true, they'll go for someone who can bring their star power instead of someone who looks closer to the comics.
    shes gorgeous. the skin tone I think is perfect. shes a bit on the thin side for me but that's minor. it's very unfortunate though if they go with star power versus finding someone who really embodies the character. I'm still hopeful we will finally get a chocolate goddess but this article is kind putting a damper on that hope.

I really wish you guys would stop posting her pics. Got my 8 inches of doom moving around.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm sure someone on the Quiet Council would ask no doubt. Storm should punch her in the face right after that.
    maybe shes making that face to the bish who dared asked her to do such a thing lol:

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I really wish you guys would stop posting her pics. Got my 8 inches of doom moving around.
    omg did you say 8 inches????

I'm ready to face armageddon.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

you know now that I think about it imma need to see some receipts. some people get 8 mixed up with 2 inches of "is it in yet?".

Lol. You guys are silly.

Though, you should see my friend. A white boy who puts me to shame.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.