Page 363 of 662 FirstFirst ... 263313353359360361362363364365366367373413463 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I'm wondering too. What if Ororo and T'Challa discussed it at length and she's completely fine with him not accepting the deal? What if with all their history she fully supports his misgivings and his distrust of the mutant criminal apologists?
    It's just hard for me to see i need more info. There are things about Wakanda storm doesn't agree with but she is putting herself on the line to protect it. The least Wakanda could do was recognize it because they trust Storm but thats just my personal opinion. Beyond that i do see it creating a problem because how does she look in the mutant community being with a man that didn't recognize Karoka especially given her place in it this issue. But what really stung was seeing Kenya there when that is by birthright in the marvel u her land. i need her to reclaim kenya.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It's just hard for me to see i need more info. There are things about Wakanda storm doesn't agree with but she is putting herself on the line to protect it. The least Wakanda could do was recognize it because they trust Storm but thats just my personal opinion. Beyond that i do see it creating a problem because how does she look in the mutant community being with a man that didn't recognize Karoka especially given her place in it this issue. But what really stung was seeing Kenya there when that is by birthright in the marvel u her land. i need her to reclaim kenya.
    That's a wild misread of what it says. It says that Wakanda didn't accept a trade deal not that they didn't recognize Krakoa as a nation-state.

It really only becomes a problem if Krakoa tries to use the drugs as leverage, which they already done, in the first issue.

They don't have leverage against Wakanda, so essentially it's just a don't start none, won't be none type of situation.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 09-18-2019 at 03:26 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Huh, apparently Storm and Black Panther knew each other as far back as Marvel Team-Up #100 (1980).

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    That's a wild misread of what it says. It says that Wakanda didn't accept a trade deal not that they didn't recognize Krakoa as a nation-state.

It really only becomes a problem if Krakoa tries to use the drugs as leverage, which they already done, in the first issue.

They don't have leverage against Wakanda, so essentially it's just a don't start none, won't be none type of situation.
    Then that needs to be made clear because i'm sure most others will read it as Wakanda not supporting the nation.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Then that needs to be made clear because i'm sure most others will read it as Wakanda not supporting the nation.
    I agree with Jwatson.
    Because Wakanda is clearly listed among Nations that Rejected the Treaty. And by doing so your also rejecting the acknowledgement of Krakoa.
    In my opinion I still think Wakanda could have still acknowledge Krakoa even if they don't need Drugs. Storm is their Hadari Yao and in good faith they could at least have done it just for her.
    If people are saying that is not what Wakanda intended then it must be known. And since Storm frequently visits Wakanda and is apart of their Godly Pantheon. To the People of Krakoa , Storm being Krakoan and one of many Leaders fo Krakoa Storm can easily become a traitor or ostracized.....

Which I doubt that would happen(because she is an Omega lvl Mutant a Necessity to Krakoa), but you see where i'm coming from it's a possibility.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-18-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

I don't know how much clearer it can be then stating it outright on the page.
    Pull List:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I mean what nation doesn’t have it’s Villains. Wakanda has an entire Galatic Empire that’s actually on its way to Earth.

I see the problem, but what Nation isn’t without its issues and their share of Villains. Wakanda is no better.
    Israel readily comes to mind...

BANNED

Wakanda is in red and listed among the nations that are non-treaty. The infographic says nations that do not accept treaty are now considered naturally adversarial. That includes Wakanda, a nation that is a natural rival for trade and power, and a nation mutantkind has been to war with before.

Harsh? Perhaps. But very in keeping with the new Krakoa ethos. I like BP a lot, but it doesn't take much to draw the picture. And T'Challa has been down this road before. He saw what happened to his people the last time mutants rose to supremacy. I see both sides though I am very for the new X-status quo. In any event, his and Ororo's declarations of understanding to each other will be tested now more than ever before.

I don't know how much clearer it can be then stating it outright on the page.
    I think we're zeroing in on the last two sentences. Its all speculation at this point, but why put them on the list if there is not a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Wakanda is in red and listed among the nations that are non-treaty. The infographic says nations that do not accept treaty are now considered naturally adversarial. That includes Wakanda, a nation that is a natural rival for trade and power, and a nation mutantkind has been to war with before.

Harsh? Perhaps. But very in keeping with the new Krakoa ethos. I like BP a lot, but it doesn't take much to draw the picture. And T'Challa has been down this road before. He saw what happened to his people the last time mutants rose to supremacy. I see both sides though I am very for the new X-status quo. In any event, his and Ororo's declarations of understanding to each other will be tested now more than ever before.
    Exactly especially the red visual which immediately sets up the imagery of threat. Then on top of that the countries under them Wakanda is in black which if i remember correctly those are all countries where storm is either worshipped or have a connection. Which immediately to me shows wakanda is the problem when it comes to certain parts of Africa. You have to do more thinking to say they do support Karoka then they don't. I also can see both sides but i also expect him to believe in Ororo. She is literally giving him and his people everything, something is going to have to give in loyalties especially when she isn't just a part of Karoka she is the voice of it's culture right now. In a lot of ways she is becoming Karoka's goddess. Naming their heros and saviors.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

This is the first time I've been into X-Men in nearly 20 years. I like the direction, but I think it's a leap to go from adversarial trade nations status to making declarations of an outright rejection of their right to exist.

That's all I'm pushing back on.

There is a reason the chart is broken out by ideology/political/ and then an additional exception for Wakanda and it's African trading partners.
    Pull List:

BANNED

Yeah, sooner or later Storm may have to choose where her loyalties are with.

Leave her "Sister's and Brother's of Krakoa" or become the Hadari Yao of Wakanda and stay with your "Beloved".........

Personally, I don't see this really happening, but hey possibilities :-). I'm just happy this will create a wedge between Storm and T'Challa. Maybe they finally break up *Evil Laugh* Muah HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think we're zeroing in on the last two sentences. Its all speculation at this point, but why put them on the list if there is not a problem?
    I think the problem would be more akin to US/China than Iran/Israel.

It could certainly lead to a war, but the reasons would be much different.
    Pull List:

BANNED

This is the first time I've been into X-Men in nearly 20 years.
    I'm with you on that, minus Morrison and a handful of runs.

I like the direction, but I think it's a leap to go from adversarial trade nations status to making declarations of an outright rejection of their right to exist.

That's all I'm pushing back on.
    Normally I'd agree. The thing is Krakoa does not seem to see it that way. Their attitude in this memorandum is clear and aggressive. And given the past context of Avengers vs. X-Men - in which the Phoenix Five made mutants the dominant rulers of Earth, and flooded Wakanda in a tsunami, leading to T'Challa vowing to kill Namor and banishing Ororo from his country - there is a lot of background bad blood here. Further, I believe Wakanda is colored in red on the diplomacy map. But we'll see.