Page 459 of 662 FirstFirst ... 359409449455456457458459460461462463469509559 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,885 of 9921

Storm was really great in X-men #1. She had action scenes and some good lines. I feel like it has been so long since we've heard her perspective on anything. Being tired of fighting human bigots but empowered to uplift her people is SOMETHING at least. I hope this situation with the energy from the mutant children continues with Storm and Cecelia working together.

So many black women are tired af of all the bullshit but are the strongest people on earth. Uplifting/Uplifted is such a good word for Storm since it evokes her powers and flight and a higher register than pure resilience (which Cyclops embodies).

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I will watch this later thank you for sharing!!!

edit: hi chip you are my new friend lol

also this is 1 minute clip is giving me more pause about the maurauders. it's really giving me gold 2.0 vibes.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-17-2019 at 10:37 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Storm was really great in X-men #1. She had action scenes and some good lines. I feel like it has been so long since we've heard her perspective on anything. Being tired of fighting human bigots but empowered to uplift her people is SOMETHING at least. I hope this situation with the energy from the mutant children continues with Storm and Cecelia working together.

So many black women are tired af of all the bullshit but are the strongest people on earth. Uplifting/Uplifted is such a good word for Storm since it evokes her powers and flight and a higher register than pure resilience (which Cyclops embodies).
    100% agreed. your point about black women being the strongest people on earth had me thinking of a scene directly from the issue. It's not necessarily the exact same thing but I think it parallels to what we see in real life. Ororo was concerned about the two kids' safety as as well as those at the krakoa compound. Even though she herself was burnout she was still was fighting for others outside herself. All the while Magneto was getting praises and adoration. Not that ororo wanted this because I dont believe she would, but how many times are lack women endeavors gone ignored while their white counterparts get praised for lesser?

I thought it was a stark contrast between the two.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

so apparently Emma tried to pitch the Red King gig to Ororo but she said no lolol...

I may have to check this out after all:

haha, Emma doesn't even get flustered admitting that she asked Storm first. She just continues her pitch.

I can't wait to see why Storm joins up with Kitty's crew. I bet it has something to do with mutants being attacked somewhere in Africa and Storm decides that she needs to join and back Kate up with some strong fire power. Or someone gets hurt trying to come through a portal, I know Storm is taking it pretty personally when mutants children are being imprisoned.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    haha, Emma doesn't even get flustered admitting that she asked Storm first. She just continues her pitch.

I can't wait to see why Storm joins up with Kitty's crew. I bet it has something to do with mutants being attacked somewhere in Africa and Storm decides that she needs to join and back Kate up with some strong fire power. Or someone gets hurt trying to come through a portal, I know Storm is taking it pretty personally when mutants children are being imprisoned.
    I bet you Kitty will beg Storm and she will give her the same ANSWER.........."No"

But knowing Storm she will cave in and agree to join her crew. It's THIS IS FUNNY. Already this Book gained some points with me.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post

I'm thinking ororo comes to make sure Emma doesn't screw Kitty over. Now this would make sense and not the mess we got in Gold.

however I wouldnt mind it for the things you mentioned as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    her making it rain and shooting lightning is not stated sis. what's your point? I've never been a reader who needs something to be explicitly stated for me to use context clues in making an informed decision about things that happen on panel. so whoever literally says whatever wont change that unless you come with something better than "literally, all of us are telling you"" blah blah blah.

case in point, ororo didnt say she created a magnetic field to attract knives together but visually we were able to come to that conclusion. in this case, ororo is compelled to stay behind and informs cecelia they are emitting energy. she even stops herself from getting into how serious the matter is. so if she isnt doing anything or cant do anything against the energy why is she compelled to stay until she checks her out? please answer that one and simple question. if your answer to this is just everyone else disagrees you can stop before you start and we can agree to disagree.
    You are my love bug! This post was glorious. The scene with Storm and the unstable mutant teenagers had so much symbolism, but I guess most need it spelled out for them. Many people are so used to having Storm describe every little thing she’s doing. By the dialogue alone we know that Storm sensed their enormous energy spike and she made note of their emotional state. Her main purpose was keeping those children calm as well as the children around them. The beauty about art is that everyone is entitled to their own unique interpretation. Even if Storm wasn’t directly acting as a mutant power dampener or regulator, we know that she was prepared to. She made the decision to place herself there knowing the children were unstable. Her entire purpose in the scene with Cece and the kids was so Storm could maintain balance for everyone. Hickman did that indeed. Stick to what you know. You and I are on the same page. #HadariYao
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Absolutely fucking stunning. The pose, the shoes, the dress, the wind-blown effect and the throne have me shooketh!
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    The scene where Storm watered the plant was very symbolic. Her hand just causally making rain and it being its own panel was very omnipotent like. It was very godly so to speak.
    Baaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbyyyyyyyyyyy.... there is just so much symbolism here with Storm in particular. Hickman has her flexing like a true weather wielding energy manipulator of the highest order. I stan!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post

You better say that! This is the Storm that I imagine when I think of a fully realized woman with her narrative. This is the Serena Williams of the mutant world that I know her to be. I will never understand the idea that some people have about Storm not wanting to lead. That’s like saying that Oprah, Whoopi, Viola Davis, Simone Biles, Serena and Venus Williams are all ignorant of the significance they bring to their given choice of prefession. Every single one of these women I’ve mentioned have all been forced to lead because of the narrative that surrounds black womanhood. They’ve all managed to reach the top of their chosen fields and he scrutiny applied to them is like nothing especially when considered against their white counterparts. Bless you and your post!
    100% agreed. your point about black women being the strongest people on earth had me thinking of a scene directly from the issue. It's not necessarily the exact same thing but I think it parallels to what we see in real life. Ororo was concerned about the two kids' safety as as well as those at the krakoa compound. Even though she herself was burnout she was still was fighting for others outside herself. All the while Magneto was getting praises and adoration. Not that ororo wanted this because I dont believe she would, but how many times are lack women endeavors gone ignored while their white counterparts get praised for lesser?

I thought it was a stark contrast between the two.
    I just adore you more than you know. I’m not a stalker though. I promise. I try to make it my mission in life to acknowledge the ways in which her narrative is bogged down by some issues that do not plague the white women around her or considered to be her equal. It happens so much. Even here in her very own appreciation thread. The Storm fans are knocking my socks off today.
    so apparently Emma tried to pitch the Red King gig to Ororo but she said no lolol...

I thoroughly enjoyed the preview pages. Already I can feel the interpersonal drama building and Storm hasn’t even touched the page yet. I cannot wait to see her actually interact with Emma. She clearly wanted Storm on her side above everyone else, but Storm isn’t having it after Emma played her one to many times. She didn’t even let her stale ass finish her statement before dismissing her. Yes, black queen! You need no other colors.

LOL....Storm dont f--k with her

Its also pretty pretentious and dismissive of Emma to assume that Storm wouldnt already hold a position of power, like she needed Emma's approval to get a seat at the Council

Last edited by Havok83; 10-17-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL....Storm dont f--k with her

Its also pretty pretentious and dismissive of Emma to assume that Storm wouldnt already hold a position of power, like she needed Emma's approval to get a seat at the Council

lmfao yaaassssss. the audacity of her to even think sh would entertain her is funny in it of itself.

and Emma and magneto must be smoking the same ish. she thinking she got some pull to offer ororo something she couldnt refuse and magneto walking around calling himself a God. lol wtf.

lmfao yaaassssss. the audacity of her to even think sh would entertain her is funny in it of itself.

and Emma and magneto must be smoking the same ish. she thinking she got some pull to offer ororo something she couldnt refuse and magneto walking around calling himself a God. lol wtf.
    laughed on the gifs

Storm was ahead and I hope she will be ahead of anything Emma is planning

Magneto needs to chill

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    laughed on the gifs

Storm was ahead and I hope she will be ahead of anything Emma is planning

Magneto needs to chill
    yes agreed to all of this. Emma should NEVER be trusted.

which application of her powers did you like the best?

I also liked that kept pushing even though she was near the point of not wanting to go on any further. it was a nice reminder of her strength and will.
    I liked use of lightning force, lightning heat (like welding torch melting the floor), energy perception and atmospheric water generation from here hands.

I remember her doing it before many many moon ago in that 2 issue story where she fought Candra...

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Nice. Thanks for sharing this.

Do you agree?

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-best-leade...easons-marvel/

1. Storm: Won The Role

Perhaps the best evidence for Storm's ability to lead the X-Men is her success in defeating Cyclops in a battle for the role — while she was powerless!

Storm originally gained the leadership role by stepping in to replace Cyclops when he left following Jean Grey's death. When Cyclops returned to the group demanding his old position back, Storm stood strong, more confident in her leadership abilities, and suggested they fight for the position. Despite being stripped of her powers at the time, she easily gained the upper hand and won, proving her determination, strength, and willingness to fight for the team's best interests

2. Keep it Professional

It's fair to say that Cyclops can get a bit emotional. His personal life often impacts his abilities and actions as a leader. Storm, however, is staunch in keeping her work and home life separate, willing to put her personal feelings aside for the greater good.

She ended a short relationship with Arkon after realizing the importance of her X-Men responsibilities. She stabbed her long-term lover Forge in an (erroneous) attempt to save the world from inter-dimensional demons. She even sided with the X-Men over the Avengers (and her husband) during the events of Avengers vs X-Men, ending her marriage.

3. Moral Compass

Storm has an incredibly strong moral compass. Her core values have remained consistent over the decades. A firm believer in Professor X's dream for peace between human and mutantkind, she has continued to work towards that goal with dignity and kindness leading the way. Her marriage to T'Challa was a significant step towards Xavier's dream, with the Professor going so far as to name her the world's most important mutant, the pair's union symbolizing a hopeful future for human-mutant relations.

Her nobility has also granted her Asgardian power as Goddess of Thunder. Although she has wielded this power twice, she has given up the strength after completing her missions, proving she doesn't need additional enhancements.

4. Team Building

One of Storm's greatest leadership qualities is her ability to support and encourage her teammates. Often leading younger mutants, she has excelled in helping them reach their potential and become valuable members of the team.

Her kind emotional support helped Rogue in Uncanny X-Men #185, as the weather witch lent the young mutant her powers to earn her trust and give the disillusioned runaway the chance to see the world through different eyes, rooted in nature. She always acts with her teammates' safety in mind. As a consequence, the X-Men have never hesitated to rally around their patient teacher; a loyalty Cyclops struggles to maintain.

5. Omega-Level Leader

When it comes to brute force, there are few mutants who can keep up with Storm's abilities. An Omega-level mutant able to control the atmosphere, she has repeatedly proven to be a worthy opponent, having tamed tsunamis, conjured thunderstorms, and even summoned solar winds in deep space.

It isn't just her mutant abilities that give her incredible strength. Her powers have long been linked to her African lineage and deep connection to nature; a link that was proven true during her time in Wakanda. The people of Wakanda's firm belief that she was a goddess transformed her into a literal deity, able to gather strength from their prayers.
    Yes and no. I agree with the recognition of her interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence being key/defining attributes to her leadership style. I think the article is selling her short but not recognizing her capabililities as a combat tactician and strategist. I do think Cyclops is stronger than her in those areas but the article gives the impression that she doesnÂ’t have these strengths when she actually does.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I liked use of lightning force, lightning heat (like welding torch melting the floor), energy perception and atmospheric water generation from here hands.

I remember her doing it before many many moon ago in that 2 issue story where she fought Candra...

The lightning was my favorite too because it subtly showed you how strong she is. That small piece of lightning was able to rip through metal to the earth. imagine how much restrainst she uses fighting these soilders. In an instant she could have vaporized them all.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/