Page 638 of 662 FirstFirst ... 138538588628634635636637638639640641642648 ... LastLast
Results 9,556 to 9,570 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I'll ask again why can't Storm appear in both X-men and BP yet there's no issue with her appearing less in both? Some more visbility and exposure would be nice, Ro' I see you but I understand.
    She's only allowed to be a mutant. Unless she's with the cool kids she runs the risk of being left out of the movies and future comics and she'll never recover from that.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    She's only allowed to be a mutant. Unless she's with the cool kids she runs the risk of being left out of the movies and future comics and she'll never recover from that.
    yea remember she is above race!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea remember she is above race!!!
    I think a case can be made that she is above race. Of course that would also mean that T’Challa in now above race as well after his billion dollar movie. Above race love! Above race everything! Imagine my delight at this news. When it inevitably comes to an end I’ll be content with Ororo appearing regularly in Marauders. She really doesn’t need to appear anywhere else if it’s going to step on the huge plans the X-office has for her.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I'll ask again why can't Storm appear in both X-men and BP yet there's no issue with her appearing less in both? Some more visbility and exposure would be nice, Ro' I see you but I understand.
    Umm...She IS appearing in X-Men and Marauders and BP currently.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Jorge Jimenez commission
    Attachment 90194

Storm getting snappy in the next X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm getting snappy in the next X-Force

If She doesn't say something worth her weight after that, she just comes of more hostile ignorant , Than formidable.

I agree. So far Storm is highly underutilized in the Council. She's actually been a head of state before. She's actually made deals(without her powers) with the UN Security Council. She has been cultivating relationships with humans all her life beyond the X-Men. It really is a shame the writers don't use her more.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I agree. So far Storm is highly underutilized in the Council. She's actually been a head of state before. She's actually made deals(without her powers) with the UN Security Council. She has been cultivating relationships with humans all her life beyond the X-Men. It really is a shame the writers don't use her more.
    This is an extremely good point. Wouldn't those people be reaching out to Storm to try to establish something with Krakoa given the relationships she has formed on her own with many braches of government.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The very nature of her powers defies the idea of borders, of nationalism. She has always done well as a bridge between old and new, mutant and human, wind and rain, earth and air. She's such a potent character; I don't understand how these writers can't be chomping at the bit to write stories with her. I hope they come up with something interesting soon...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, this frustrates me as well. She’s the most qualified to rule and/or negotiate with foreign governments. Why is she just hanging out on a fucking boat and being hostile in council meetings? As much I’m enjoying the relaunch and have enjoyed some specific moments with our girl, she’s being squandered yet again.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    The only time the X-office had an excuse was during the marriage, when Storm was forcibly removed from their control and they were given limited access to her.

Otherwise, they’ve just chosen to de-prioritize her and allow writers to treat her as ineffectual so characters like Cyclops, Logan, and Kitty can shine. I do appreciate that they now seem genuinely interested in giving Coates space to do his thing, but they shouldn’t let that stop them from making her central to Krakoa.
    That is an excuse.

How many other X-Men have been in books and still got usage in X-Men??

Or any book? That is just them being lazy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That is an excuse.

No, Storm was explicitly made off limits to them. That was made public knowledge. Claremont in particular was vocal about it. Joey Q and Alonso made her exclusive to BP and FF. They had to fight just to include her in Messiah Complex.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That is an excuse.

To be fair, thats primarily a Wolverine thing. Rogue and Kitty pretty much stopped being used in the X-books when they were moved over to Uncanny Avengers and Guardians, respectively. Ditto for Sunspot and Cannonball in Hickman's Avengers, Cable in Uncanny Avengers and Beast in Secret Avengers. I think Storm was actually used more than they were when she was in BP
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-13-2019 at 07:45 AM.

I love the discussions here but I have to say I'm not thaf disappointed about her influence overall. Definitly politically she's not doing or didn't do a lot compared to Xaveir, Magneto and I guess Emma if you count manipultion but I have to stress that I like her out in the world directly getting things done. She's getting mutants safely to Krakoa, we know she went ham on the Orchis bases, she brought up the rule to only owning land outside of Krakoa as a council memeber, and shes distributing harddrives around the world retaining info for getting to Krakoa and contacting mutants. Then really on top of that shes helping BP take down a corrupt Wakandan nation. Comparatively other council members and Cyclops aren't doing as much, and even though shes not as big as a figurehead as Xavier and Magneto again they're mostly confined in Krakoa doing very little while she at least was/is welcoming ressurected mutants, sure she partied a little and is on a boat but the Summers family was chilling on the moon when Storm was getting **** done not to mention the dozens other main X-Men not doing much, and it at least looks like in #4 well see her bring the action on her own.

Shes definitely still not being used to her full potwntial but I don't agree that shes being thwarted. Just my two scents while I wait for the Marauders preview.