Page 30 of 662 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130530 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you know what is so funny. I was just talking to a fellow storm fan about this and he was in the belief that this announcement from uncanny could result in storms solo book finally coming into the pipeline that was supposed to be written by coates.

now in regards to your question (and this is just my opinion here) but here is my analysis:

an omega level mutant is just any mutant with unlimited power or potentially unlimited power, whereas a god in the MU is a being that is a direct descendant of the elder gods. in theory an omega level mutant could have power akin to a god but they are not true gods. also gods possess divine power that can be augmented based upon faith energy, that is the more followers that believe in a particular deity the more powerful they become.

There are exceptions, like Eternals included in Marvel's Patheon Handbook while not really being descendents of Elder Gods but offshoot of humanity. (Also they have divinity much like Asgardians and Olympians, like they didn't get dropped in Chaos War.)
    Skrull Pantheon also have an Eternal Skrull and a Deviant Skrull among them. There is a kinda vauge line here.
    Second-Generation Gods/Demons are said to be the remaining energy of Elder Gods shaped and given form by the thought of men, Eternals also got mistaken as real Greek Gods.
    Maybe divinity somehow do come from faith in some way. It varries with writers.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-18-2019 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Terrible Run by the way. -_-
    Yes it was. 😐

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I agree.
    Mogwen, don't read her very brief time as an Avenger. It was pointless and insipid and devalued the character in ways not even the most casual fan could condone.
    Okay, I trust you for that!
    Imagine Storm as an Avenger in a Busiek run! It would be great!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xfire2k13 View Post
    Ah sorry didn't see it posted

So is she an omega mutant and a goddess or a goddess with an X-gene?
    oh no worries. I think the only thing we can definitively say is she is a goddess with an x-gene who is a potential omega level mutant. her being an omega has never been confirmed on panel.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Ok, I will try to make myself well understood, which may be at times difficult because I'm french and english is not my first language.
    Storm is already great!
    It's not because she isn't always described as great that she isn't. And I'm afraid this Goddess status remembers me of a time where Storm was more aloof and cold. I do prefer the more humane Ororo.
    What is a mystery to me though is why she's never been on an Avengers team? She's one of the greatest heroines in the world, one of the greatest team leaders too! It would have made sense in a lot of ways and done a lot for the mutant cause. But I'm a big proponent for more interactions in the superhero community!
    yea as others have said she was an avenger and she did not contribute to the team in a positive fashion. and i would recommend you read black panther (2016). proto is shown as a goddess but not one that is cold or aloof. she is very much the strong-willed heroine we as fans would like to see of her.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Terrible Run by the way. -_-
    indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    There are exceptions, like Eternals included in Marvel's Patheon Handbook while not really being descendents of Elder Gods but offshoot of humanity. (Also they have divinity much like Asgardians and Olympians, like they didn't get dropped in Chaos War.)
    Skrull Pantheon also have an Eternal Skrull and a Deviant Skrull among them. There is a kinda vauge line here.
    Second-Generation Gods/Demons are said to be the remaining energy of Elder Gods shaped and given form by the thought of men, Eternals also got mistaken as real Greek Gods.
    Maybe divinity somehow do come from faith in some way. It varries with writers.
    thanks for elaborating on this. agreed to the part about faith and it being inconsistent between writers. I know there was this arc that centered around thor needing faith to have his power but I'm sure there are other stories that would convey the opposite.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Nine Fascinating Women of Comics:

9 Storm (Marvel)

Storm is a very fascinating character that has been used in a large variety of ways, some good, some not so good, but always changing with the times. Storm, born Ororo Monroe, comes from a long and ancient line of priestesses all of which have white hair. She is also the first woman of African descent to be written into comics. At only six months old her parents were killed in their Egyptian home by a plane crash. Trapped in the rubble near her mother, Ororo developed an acute case of claustrophobia that would haunt her the rest of her days. Ororo would eventually be recruited by Charles Xavier to join his team of X-Men where she became known as Storm. Over time she would actually take leadership of the X-Men.
    One of her biggest story arcs takes place the early 80’s in Uncanny X-Men #170. When a teammate is captured, Storm must embark on a daring rescue mission, and in the course of events, defeats the leader of a mal-formed group of mutants called the Morlocks. Three issues later, Storm would reveal her new punk look of black leathers and mohawk.
    In 2006, Storm would marry Black Panther in Black Panther #18. Unfortunately, in Avengers vs X-Men #9, T’Challa reveals the marriage was annulled after only a few years, due to the fact that the two were constantly separated.
    Storm has gone through many teams, both X-Men and otherwise. Her appearance always seem to change with her affiliations. No matter who she is paired with, Storm brings a very strong female presence and good story arcs. Any comic with Storm is guaranteed to be entertaining.

http://thathashtagshow.com/2019/01/1...men-of-comics/
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I agree.
    Mogwen, don't read her very brief time as an Avenger. It was pointless and insipid and devalued the character in ways not even the most casual fan could condone.
    Bendis strikes again!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Nine Fascinating Women of Comics:

At only six months old her parents were killed in their Egyptian home by a plane crash.

http://thathashtagshow.com/2019/01/1...men-of-comics/
    She was six months old when her family left NYC for Cairo. She was between 4-8 years old when her parents were killed(printed details vary over the years, in my mind she was 5).

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    She was six months old when her family left NYC for Cairo. She was between 4-8 years old when her parents were killed(printed details vary over the years, in my mind she was 5).
    good catch I didnt event see that. I believe 5 is way more accurate than 6 months lol.

oan please tell me this NOT storm on the cover:

Yes, it’s definitely Storm on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    Yes, it’s definitely Storm on the cover.
    I said tell me it's not her lololol..

ugh... I thought she was in an alternate universe with the age of x Crew. is this happening after that event?

Let's just all agree this is some strange Liefield fever dream that has no bearing on real continuity at all, k?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Okay, I trust you for that!
    Imagine Storm as an Avenger in a Busiek run! It would be great!
    Storm was in the Marvel adventures Avengers series. Was really well done for being done in ones.

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Storm was in the Marvel adventures Avengers series. Was really well done for being done in ones.
    That series was exceedingly better for Storm as an Avenger than the real 616 run. Loved that she was co-leader, had a cool time-portal feat, and I enjoyed the nascent relationship she was forming with Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Let's just all agree this is some strange Liefield fever dream that has no bearing on real continuity at all, k?
    so basically what we did for that book that shall not be spoken of, the one that rhymes with old...

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post

that was nice but it was not canon.

BANNED

good catch I didnt event see that. I believe 5 is way more accurate than 6 months lol.

oan please tell me this NOT storm on the cover:

What MADNESS IS THIS!?!?!? I hope this isn't a Team book.

I'm going to hold on to hope and believe that Storm is NOT going to appear in this Mad House.