Page 586 of 662 FirstFirst ... 86486536576582583584585586587588589590596636 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,790 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    As someone who loathed Gold and generally dislikes Kitty, I have to disagree with the comparisons. I found the whitewashing more offensive than the portrayal. Duggan has already indicated the focus will shift to Storm soon, and I can see the logic of starting with Kitty as much as I would prefer it otherwise.
    the funny thing with this is that guggs said a similar thing and then we got that crap with hammertime. for those who are enjoying the issue I think that's great but people who have said to give the title a try said he was good at writing team books but it really does feel like kitty gold revamped with some Emma dressing on the side.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-20-2019 at 04:14 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the funny thing with this is that guggs said a similar thing and then we got that crap with hammertime. for those who are enjoying the issue I think that's great but people who have said to give the title a try said ge was good at writing team books but it really does feel like kitty gold revamped with some Emma dressing on the side.
    I’m a big fan of Duggan’s Uncanny Avengers, so he has some cred with me. Guggenheim has always been terrible, and I’ve never believed him capable of getting past his mediocre fanboyism (and he never has). Duggs is not Guggs.

I’m a big fan of Duggan’s Uncanny Avengers, so he has some cred with me. Guggenheim has always been terrible, and I’ve never believed him capable of getting past his mediocre fanboyism (and he never has). Duggs is not Guggs.
    hes not guggs I agree but this book at this point still feels very kitty heavy.

does storm seem more just there than actually being a vital member of the team to you?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-20-2019 at 04:15 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Exactly....

This Book may be about Kitty, but it's really not Kitty Heavy.

Knowing Duggans work and my conversation with him via Twitter i'm not really bothered about this......
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 11-20-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Exactly....

but I never said he was guggs.

BANNED

but I never said he was guggs.

Never said you did

Never said you did

StormPhoenix did storm do anything cool in this issue today???

BANNED

StormPhoenix did storm do anything cool in this issue today???
    This issue was F*&ing HILARIOUS to me.

I actually liked it. Did I like Batroc beating Storm, Iceman, Pyro NO. But i'm not going to judge and hold that one small instance against him. Especially, since I know how he writes. There will be good issues and some bad ones. This 1 small encounter IMO isn't the end all be all especially after what Duggan told me in the upcoming issues.

If you didn't like the issue? Cool drop it thanks for trying :-)

I liked how Storm held herself from killing Batroc, I liked Pyro LOL Biting Batroc in battle that's the kind of **** I used to do HAHAHA. I also liked how Storm has been blocking Satellites and helping people in Africa, I liked the goofyness of Pyro and Bobby auctioning off a Boat they stole HAHA.

I'm actually enjoying this. I'm sorry your not, but I am and so are others.. :-)
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 11-20-2019 at 04:33 PM.

This issue was F*&ing HILARIOUS to me.

I actually liked it. Did I like Batroc beating Storm, Iceman, Pyro NO. But i'm not going to judge and hold that one small instance against him. Especially, since I know how he writes. There will be good issues and some bad ones. This 1 small encounter IMO isn't the end all be all especially after what Duggan told me in the upcoming issues.

If you didn't like the issue? Cool drop it thanks for trying :-)

I liked how Storm held herself from killing Batroc, I liked Pyro LOL Biting Batroc in battle that's the kind of **** I used to do HAHAHA. I also liked how Storm has been blocking Satellites and helping people in Africa, I liked the goofyness of Pyro and Bobby auctioning off a Boat they stole HAHA.

I'm actually enjoying this. I'm sorry your not, but I am and so are others.. :-)
    thank you for this synopsis. you said there are good and bad issues so would you categorize this as a bad issue even if you enjoyed it?

BANNED

thank you for this synopsis. you said there are good and bad issues so would you categorize this as a bad issue even if you enjoyed it?
    IMO.

This wasn't TERRIBLE, but it wasn't GREAT. So, yes this was Bad. I can admit that.

But this issue was funny as hell...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    5 black folks in front.

5 Solo having folks at one point.

2 Oscar winners

1 with a billion dollar movie

4 (3 really) who have been seen in live action

A guy who was dead for 10 years is on the cover-who almost got his own tv show on UPN

Let that sink in.

Once upon a time a cover like this DOES NOT happen.

IMO.

This wasn't TERRIBLE, but it wasn't GREAT. So, yes this was Bad. I can admit that.

But this issue was funny as hell...
    ok thank you for that. I didnt want people think I was being biased because of whatever reasons like to come up with lol.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    5 black folks in front.

5 Solo having folks at one point.

2 Oscar winners

1 with a billion dollar movie

4 (3 really) who have been seen in live action

A guy who was dead for 10 years is on the cover-who almost got his own tv show on UPN

Let that sink in.

Once upon a time a cover like this DOES NOT happen.
    very great observation. if only there were only more viable books with black characters. I hope this changes in future.

QUEEN!