Page 364 of 662 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368374414464 ... LastLast
Results 5,446 to 5,460 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I'm with you on that, minus Morrison and a handful of runs.

Normally I'd agree. The thing is Krakoa does not seem to see it that way. Their attitude in this memorandum is clear and aggressive. And given the past context of Avengers vs. X-Men - in which the Phoenix Five made mutants the dominant rulers of Earth, and flooded Wakanda in a tsunami, leading to T'Challa vowing to kill Namor and banishing Ororo from his country - there is a lot of background bad blood here. Further, I believe Wakanda is colored in red on the diplomacy map. But we'll see.
    Could be, it seems like between Invaders, Avengers, Agents of Wakanda, and now X-Men, Marvel might be gearing up for some kind of global super conflict.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Deep in my secret heart I would love for it to be Jean, just because of all the drama it would cause on the forums to have Jean and Emma working closely together as allies.

But to me it should be Storm, and I don't think it matters that Kitty is Captain of the ship. A lot of times in the old days the owner's representative was on the ship and while at Sea the Captain was the absolute authority. But at port in negotiations often it was the owner's representative that made all the decisions.

So if Storm is an ambassador of Krakoa and co-leader of the HFC I think it would make a lot of sense, particularly in what I saw today with Storm being in a strong leadership role in Krakoa.
    actually I think it would make for a better story if it were Jean versus Ororo.

I think what today showed me however is that you can have leaders in different roles and in different forms and it still works. Hickman's xmen is large enough for there to be innumerable leaders and I loved how this issue demonstrated that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    you know what I just noticed and that not only Wakanda is there but Ororo home country Kenya is involved. That doesnt seem to be a coincidence and this is not going to end well. By the Bast Hadari Yao I pray it does but it's not looking good.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you know what I just noticed and that not only Wakanda is there but Ororo home country Kenya is involved. That doesnt seem to be a coincidence and this is not going to end well. By the Bast Hadari Yao I pray it does but it's not looking good.
    All of those African nations are taking their cue from Wakanda. That fact is surely not lost on the mutants.

All of those African nations are taking their cue from Wakanda. That fact is surely not lost on the mutants.
    Maybe the X-Men will establish trade with Niganda to get a foothold in that region. That would be a SUPER aggressive move though since they are historical enemies of Wakanda.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

it appears though they are doing this because they are being protected by wakanda. that said, for those mutants who may live in Kenya or the fact Kenya is her home seems it may present a problem down the line.

Maybe the X-Men will establish trade with Niganda to get a foothold in that region. That would be a SUPER aggressive move though since they are historical enemies of Wakanda.
    how do you see this playing out? you think they will war with krakoa?

BANNED

Going to open war with a country that boasts - just off the top of my head - Apocalypse and Proteus would be an official mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it appears though they are doing this because they are being protected by wakanda. that said, for those mutants who may live in Kenya or the fact Kenya is her home seems it may present a problem down the line.

how do you see this playing out? you think they will war with krakoa?
    I hope not. I'd rather see them as respected rivals than bitter enemies.

But, I guess that's the problem when you transition from super powered individuals to super nations. The conflict become much bigger and a lot more difficult to resolve.
    Pull List:

Going to open war with a country that boasts - just off the top of my head - Apocalypse and Proteus would be an official mistake.
    Heck storm herself can sit back and devastate a country from karoka. And with this mutant communion any telepath can point her in the right direction to make it even easier then her having to sense it out herself.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm not really sure how anyone could go to war with them short of having Scarlet Witch nullify the X-Gene again.

They are working at bringing back 16,000,000 super people. That's pretty insurmountable.
    Pull List:

I know I've been kind of derailing the thread, but hopefully this means they can do a reboot of District X but make it more like Top Ten if this whole thing goes long term.
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Heck storm herself can sit back and devastate a country from karoka. And with this mutant communion any telepath can point her in the right direction to make it even easier then her having to sense it out herself.
    yup true but with her being an omega I would like to think have telepaths would be overkill.

and I didn't answer my initial question but maybe it would be like how the US is with Iran/N Korea.

I'm not really sure how anyone could go to war with them short of having Scarlet Witch nullify the X-Gene again.

They are working at bringing back 16,000,000 super people. That's pretty insurmountable.
    when you put it like this I can understand why humans would be terrified.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Having Storm be the "preacher" of this was the perfect choice. It utilizes her charisma and time as leader and goddess.

I still think what's happening is shady as hell, but Storm was used perfectly.
    what happened that was shady??? and yes hadari yao be praised!!!

Instead of having her be one of Kitty's Marauders I'd rather have Storm become a diplomat. She has a lot of connections be it Wakanda or her brief tenure as an Avenger and member of the Fantastic Four.
    Pull List:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It's just hard for me to see i need more info. There are things about Wakanda storm doesn't agree with but she is putting herself on the line to protect it. The least Wakanda could do was recognize it because they trust Storm but thats just my personal opinion. Beyond that i do see it creating a problem because how does she look in the mutant community being with a man that didn't recognize Karoka especially given her place in it this issue. But what really stung was seeing Kenya there when that is by birthright in the marvel u her land. i need her to reclaim kenya.
    You and I have come up with two wildly different interpretations of what happened. It clearly says that Wakanda does not need Krakoan drugs to sustain themselves as a nation. They don't need it. They also don't need a link to Krakoa anywhere near Wakanda especially knowing that they're harboring EVERY MUTANT VILLAIN IN EXISTENCE. I don't think one of the smartest men on the globe would look at this scenario and think to himself, "oh, wow. Gee, that's a good idea."

It makes very little sense to someone who has a fondness for T'Challa and HIS personal sensibilities. Anyone who actually knows him should know that he walked away from the illuminati because he correctly deduced that they all were headed to calamity.

Your points about Kenya, which I really didn't consider until you brought it up, only serve to harden my resolve. T'Challa managed to bring Kenya into play and under HIS protection. Isnt that EXACTLY how Coates uses her in Wakanda? Isnt that HER role in his mythos according to HIS and SHURI'S solo? She was elevated to a protector of Wakanda - HIS HOME? Well, that's exactly what this story suggest he's done for Kenya. He's taken them under his protection and is providing aid. This certainly isnt his first time either. Are we seriously about to play like he hasn't donated BILLIONS to the mutant casyse prior to this? Again, I think many of the biases that come into against his character and the relationship with Storm tends to cloud what seems pretty logical to me. He loves Stotm and he himself has placed her on a pedestal in his country. Her given place one that can only be described as rivaling that of Bast herself. And now he's managed to take Kenya under his protection? That actually sounds like a gesture of love.
    That's a wild misread of what it says. It says that Wakanda didn't accept a trade deal not that they didn't recognize Krakoa as a nation-state.

It really only becomes a problem if Krakoa tries to use the drugs as leverage, which they already done, in the first issue.

They don't have leverage against Wakanda, so essentially it's just a don't start none, won't be none type of situation.
    Excuse me, sir. You win my undying affections. I'm not sure how anyone that loves him and has an understanding of HIS love language in regards to Storm could ever assume he doesn't accept her because openly and blindly accept Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse, Selene, Frenzy, Sabertooth, Daken so on and so forth. A genuine understanding of his role and what he stands for couldn't possibly be allow for this line of thinking. That's why I'm saying the only way this particular lome of thinking holds any weight is if someone already personally doesn't like him and as a vested interest in seeing the relationship come to an end. PERIODT.
    Say it louder for the worshippers of Hadari Yao all the way back in Alkama. Thank you and YES!