Page 59 of 662 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159559 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    did you like the stories.
    Yes I did. I liked how each character was introduced into the story and how each had that connection to Harlem and it was obvious things were bigger than that Malik dude (Hydra) and I was so ready for the next step in the story. But of course that never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    She sure did. Storm was not having any BS that day!
    Yep. And those afro puffs were just as badass as that lightening bolt.

BANNED

FINALLY FINISHED Uncanny X-Men #544 Issues.

GEEZ that was LONG.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    A good story. Hopefully when all of this AoX BS is done we can get some good Storm and scott panel time to help buold back their friendship. At one point they trusted and balanced each other out with their inoque but very effective leadership styles.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

**Sniffle**

Joe Mad was at the top of his game here. And Lobdell is underrated.

Spectacular Member

Ugh! One of my all time favorite looks of hers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Yep. And those afro puffs were just as badass as that lightening bolt.
    Agreed. I think the afro-puffs were a nice touch for this particular version of Storm.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

If you have to do the Mohawk the above is how you do it. Looks amazing.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    Ugh! One of my all time favorite looks of hers!!!!
    I hated that look lol, but I do like the origin of it tho. Unlike most heroes, Storm's changing hairstyles have a story to go along with it.

I'm not a fan of her hairstyle at that time but I don't mind her costume.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Her HoM counterpart was arguably the same power-wise. I liked her backstory though: she was ruler of Kenya and along with BP/Wakanda had turned all of Africa into a thriving powerhouse with an economy that was going to eventually overtake Magneto-led Genosha (which was the capital of that world).

I didn't read all of her Manga-verse appearances but from what I did read I don't recall her doing anything that 616 Storm couldn't do. She was taught in the same Coven as Amanda Sefton who was her antagonist in the story I read. In the same story Storm one-shotted Mystique with a lightning bolt and reduced her to pile of smoldering ash:

the hom actuallyi sounds quite interesting. do you know the book and issue number so I can read it? and dang she reduced her to ashes!!

I wouldnt necessarily want to see ororo killing everyone but I wouldnt mind her going back to her edgier style she had during the outback era.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    So much truth here. Storm has gone from a strong female leader (the best in Marvel) to just another minor player in the X-verse. Such a shame for a book that use to be the standard for progression in comics.

Also, while the overall artwork is bad the panels of her face really show a lot of emotion.
    agreed. I actually felt really bad for ororo; it was awful to see how forge was able to break her.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Sorry it took so long.
    Glad to see MCU Storm Photo making the rounds again. It turly a very beautiful rendering of Her.

As for Alt U Storm I love them
    Alot fans tend to freak when writer try to something new with her to the point of backlash. I just think it's easier for them to fleash her out or do something OOC without being crusified.
    So I am very interested in seeing what this AltU Storm is about.
    no worries beloved and the point about the backlash is hilarious lol. I will say I didnt take the writers to task when they made her a goddess lol (^_^)

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Yes I did. I liked how each character was introduced into the story and how each had that connection to Harlem and it was obvious things were bigger than that Malik dude (Hydra) and I was so ready for the next step in the story. But of course that never happened.
    you know even though the story ended this was somewhat continued in black panther. the team got together to save tchalla when he was captured by the Andreas twins.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the hom actuallyi sounds quite interesting. do you know the book and issue number so I can read it? and dang she reduced her to ashes!!

I wouldnt necessarily want to see ororo killing everyone but I wouldnt mind her going back to her edgier style she had during the outback era.

HoM Storm actually has some decent dialogue in Hudlin's Black Panther #7 which I think is the tie-in for that series. She and BP along with other world leaders like Namor (Atlantis) and Sunfire (Japan) team-up to take on Apocalypse (who rules Northern Africa).

She didn't really do much in the main HoM storyline besides a appear in a few panels. She was mostly wallpaper. Some folks liked her gold and red look but I just found it ok. Quicksilver also had a crush on her: