Page 195 of 662 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    She plays the oldest daughter on blackish and is the star of grownish.
    Attachment 83778

and yes the hate would be real and i would be so petty. "well the marvel cinematic u never showed bast. mwahahha"
    oh yea she is gorgeous. I'm just over the light skinned, mixed looking women being cast for all black female characters. besides ororo is a dark skinned woman and I would like her to be shown as such.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    If i did or didnt catch that part it still doesnt justify the rationale you provided for their perspective. and again if you think storm has gotten more development in this season please explain how?
    I did give an explanation, not sure how you missed that. But If your not able to understand the reason or try to understand the issues some BP fans have about Storm being present all the time then don't worry about it.

oh yea she is gorgeous. I'm just over the light skinned, mixed looking women being cast for all black female characters. besides ororo is a dark skinned woman and I would like her to be shown as such.
    Her father is iranian and her mother is Black. So she is color mixed. lol and she goes to harvard. Nas is also her cousin.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I did give an explanation, not sure how you missed that. But If your not able to understand the reason or try to understand the issues some BP fans have about Storm being present all the time then don't worry about it.
    what you said isnt true though. ororo IS NOT present all the time. what has her presence been like this season?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-24-2019 at 01:03 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Her father is iranian and her mother is Black. So she is color mixed. lol
    lololol bye lolol

lololol bye lolol
    lmao. i tried and i tried it. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

lmao. i tried and i tried it. lol
    Chile you surr as hell did lol. if they use another mixed woman they should use shipp lol

I personally love what Coates is doing with the BP franchise as well. Tchalla himself has gone through a transformation and still trying to navigate between being a king who has duty to his country and a man who wants the freedom to live a life without the weight of his birthright. Within this he is coming to terms with his love for Ororo which he seemingly still even seems uncertain as evident by this exchange between the two:

Coates is showing this man trying to find the balance that he needs in his life between being a king and man (is it coincidenceororo is the goddess who looks to bring balance to all things?). He is also showing how beautiful and yet complicated black love can be and I love all he has done. Additionally, drawing parallels between African slavery in America to Tchallas experience losing everything in the future he was transported to is another testament to Coates talent. That said, I understand your frustrations when seeing posters rewrite the actually events of canon so kudos to you for speaking facts as it relates to Ororos involvement with Wakanda and Tchalla.

Here's the blatant truth as it goes to Ororo's treatment by writers. Predominantly speaking when black writers had a chance to write her they chose to elevate her in power and status. Hudlin made her a queen, Coates made her a goddess, Harvey gave her a deeper connection to her roots. Now juxtapose this to what the xwriters have done. Aaron "made" her headmistrrss in part by sleeping with Logan, Soule/Lemire made her mute and ineffective in IvX, and Guggenheim had her renounce being a goddess but showed her people praying to a white God to become a "real" God. The BP fans cant create the narrative they have made from nothing. The xoffices have devalued the character by over sexualizing her (being nothing but logans plaything and randomly kissing gambit) and making her ineffectual in attempt to prop other characters (ie Kitty in Xmen gold). Let's not forget the most recent being her having a child randomly with Cable. I dont like the things the BP fans say but unfortunately there is truth to their inflammatory posts. The truth is the black writers value her in a way that non-black writers of the xworld have unfortunately not and this is evident in the drastic difference between BP offices handling of her versus the Xoffices approach.
    where are those scans from?

Chile you surr as hell did lol. if they use another mixed woman they should use shipp lol
    naw one thing i will say is Yara Shaidi can actually act. and she tans dark. Also i know she would put people in seats. Blackish and Grownish are very popular. Also she looks a lot like Angela Bassett. Google search her, her look can so fit depending on the season/make up artist. lol.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    where are those scans from?
    it's from the last issue of black panther issue 12

naw one thing i will say is Yara Shaidi can actually act. and she tans dark. Also i know she would put people in seats. Blackish and Grownish are very popular. Also she looks a lot like Angela Bassett. Google search her, her look can so fit depending on the season/make up artist. lol.

lolol oh Chile. for me personally I think there are some actually chocolate women that mcu could hopefully choose between. though she isnt tall enough I think a woman like this would be perfect

Aja Naomi King.

She's freaking 5'3"(Yara). Absolutely not!!!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I think 5'10" or 4 should be the minimum height for this actress. I have faith the mcu will cast someone amazing.

Let's just not try casting at all since they aren't even going to use the mutants for many years to come(making age appropriate choices now irrelevant 5 years hence). I hope they just go out there and get some randoms anyways, so the characters, not the actors, become the main driving force for the stories.

Feige can send some casting directors out to eastern Africa and find us a tall Nilotic young woman with cheekbones for days and real accent(and mastery of Swahili and Arabic, not to mention another language) when the time comes. Let's not scrap the bottom of the Hollywood barrel. We need a new star for Ororo.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

it's from the last issue of black panther issue 12

thanks. They're beautiful

Height really doesn’t bother me. Not saying the actress should be 5’3 but I don’t think someone 5’5 with heels would be a bad choice. Aja Naomi king is 5’5 according to google. Let her wear some 4 inch heels and she would be 5’9 which is still above average for a female.