Page 286 of 662 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 9921

Where should Adversary rank in the demon hierarchy?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    ooooooh good question. there was a story where all the demons got together. I vaguely remember what it was about but it seemed like he wasnt a major player. however, the fact he cant die and has tried to claim the multiverse for himself by subduing Roma I think would put him high up.

just found this on his description in wiki

The Adversary is a powerful demon of the highest order and possesses vast supernatural powers. He is virtually invulnerable to anything but the most powerful magic and iron. He has superhuman strength and endurance.

He can enter and leave different planes of existence and dimensions at will and has reality-warping powers. He can also summon demons and other supernatural creatures to do his bidding.

what demons are we including in this list?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-12-2019 at 04:25 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Adversary is a Powerful demon, but he is not as powerful or ranked among the Hell Lords like: Dormmamu, Hela, Mephisto, Nightmare, Hades,Satannish, Black Heart, Olivier, Marduk Kurios, Zarathos Etc. Their powers Exceed Adversary. Adversary is right under them.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 08-12-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Adversary is a Powerful demon, but he is not as powerful or ranked among the Hell Lords like: Dormmamu, Hela, Mephisto, Nightmare, Hades, Etc. Their powers Exceed Adversary. Adversary is right under them.
    where are you getting that information from?

I've looked at this classification and he doesnt appear to fit on any of them:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Demons_Classifications

The full extent of the Adversary's power was unknown. It is not clear whether he could truly create a universe himself. It is also unclear whether or not the Adversary was older than the present universe, and whether or not he somehow had a role in the destruction of the previous universe and the creation of the current one.

I dont believe there is enough information to place him anywhere on the current understood classification, with the exception of class 1.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-12-2019 at 04:46 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The Adversary was a multiversal threat, considering he was able to overpower Roma, and she wasn't able to fully banish him even after Forge's spell cast him out. I don't know where Roma/Merlyn stack up in the scale of things, but that's something to consider.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

It would appear I was right about there not being enough information to say where he lies on the classification list at list based upon this wiki:

Several extra-dimensional mystical beings exist in the Marvel Universe (that do not fall into any of the three preceding categories). They are powerful and evil enough to be considered demons. Beings of this sort include evil mortal beings that have attained great power, as well as beings that have been referred to as demons but whose origins have yet to be definitively defined or revealed. They include:

Adversary

for complete list see link:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._Comics_demons
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-12-2019 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The Adversary was a multiversal threat, considering he was able to overpower Roma, and she wasn't able to fully banish him even after Forge's spell cast him out. I don't know where Roma/Merlyn stack up in the scale of things, but that's something to consider.
    yes she even mentioned he cant truly die because the world or universe needs him chaos)

He reminds me a lot of DC's 5th Dimension Imp. Not saying he on their level just very mischievous and powerful.

All that power but can be hurt by metal. Wtf.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-12-2019 at 05:01 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Though not considered one of the great X-friendships, Ororo and Bobby have had some good moments over the years.
    Sagittarians and Libras usually get along.

He reminds me a lot of DC's 5th Dimension Imp. Not saying he on their level just very mischievous and powerful.
    yes he is very mischievous.

he appeared to forge as a native American god/man (both times he encountered him)
    he appeared again to the wakandans as Sefako.
    I think he was more direct when dr Manhattan (I believed) contained adversary within his consciousness.

I need to read the scans again but I believe him to have been described by Roma a chaos, which is what I would think would be required one of the mechanisms needed in making the universe - that is entropy.

I would wager to bet considering he is this important per Roma's description there is a great chance he had origins in the creation of this universe.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-12-2019 at 05:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    where are you getting that information from?

I've looked at this classification and he doesnt appear to fit on any of them:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Demons_Classifications
    The Hell Lords have made MANY appearances in Comics from Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, Punisher, X-Factor, Thor, Deadpool ETC. If you search Hell Lords in the Marvel Database or in CV it gives a List of the Demons who are the Most powerful among them and the people I listed are among them. If you read:
    Journey into Mystery #627
    X-Infernus Issue #1
    The Hell Lords going by comics and cannon are depicted and regarded as the most powerful Demons in the Marvel Universe. While Adversary is a powerful demon he's not listed as one of them.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 08-12-2019 at 05:11 PM.

The Hell Lords have made MANY appearances in Comics from Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, Punisher, X-Factor, Thor, Deadpool ETC. If you search Hell Lords in the Marvel Database or in CV it gives a List of the Demons who are the Most powerful among them and the people I listed are among them. If you read:
    Journey into Mystery #627
    X-Infernus Issue #1
    these comics shows you who is apart of the most powerful demons. Unfortunately Adversary is not part of them.
    Appearances don't equate to ones strength especially if there isn't enough or any information of the origin of the demon. What the appearances you reference could suggest is that Adversary is not part of the demon pantheon associated with this dimension/earth or, which the wikis I've linked to also stated, his power and influence within the universe is not known.

Can you answer where he was derived? What realm he resides in, etc.? Again I dont think there is enough information on him to say he is lower or even higher than the demons you listed. We can only go by known feats at this point. Also, Roma herself stated the universe needs him for the very purpose of being the catalyst for change:

I'm not the same could be said of some of the other demons you listed. However, this is why he wont be found on any of the known lists of demons where these things are tracked.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-12-2019 at 05:15 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Roma and Merlyn have little to no feats. It's hard to stack them against Cosmic Dieties when there is nothing we can say to back them up. For Adversary to imprison Roma so easily does not help her case of being the Omniverse Guardian when she's doing a poor job. And tells me she is not that powerful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Appearances don't equate to ones strength especially if there isn't enough or any information of the origin of the demon. What the appearances you reference could suggest is that Adversary is not part of the demon pantheon associated with this dimension/earth or, which the wikis I've linked to also stated, his power and influence within the universe is not known.

Can you answer where he was derived? What realm he resides in, etc.? Again I dont think there is enough information on him to say he is lower or even higher than the demons you listed. We can only go by known feats at this point. Also, Roma herself stated the universe needs him for the very purpose of being the catalyst for change:

I'm not the same could be said of some of the other demons you listed. However, this is why he wont be found on any of the known lists of demons where these things are tracked.
    Adversary doesn't have a realm he's more like a freelance type Demon. But i'm going by what has been stated as cannon by Marvel. And Adversary is not one of the most powerful Demons in the Marvel Universe he's not regarded as a Hell Lord. He's still powerful, but the Hell Lords as Marvel states them to be more of a threat.

Roma and Merlyn have little to no feats. It's hard to stack them against Cosmic Dieties when there is nothing we can say to back them up. For Adversary to imprison Roma so easily does not help her case of being the Omniverse Guardian when she's doing a poor job. And tells me she is not that powerful.

Roma was the guardian of the multiverse, that is a great feat within itself. She able to transport herself across dimensions and has the power to destroy the multiverse. Adversary being able to capture her is a testament to his power. Roma, from what I read on her wiki, has magical abilities that rival Merlin.

Nevertheless, you say there is nothing to back up the statement of her being able compare to cosmic deities is again further indication there isn't a log of information orc known information out there relating to this.