Page 538 of 662 FirstFirst ... 38438488528534535536537538539540541542548588638 ... LastLast
Results 8,056 to 8,070 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Ok i'm still more interested in Storm being casted for Storm. BP is a part of her history, not ALL her history and definitely not the biggest or longest part of it.
    I'm most certain storm will be cast 4 storm and nothing else.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Then the BP movie shouldn't matter when it comes to her casting. I'm glad we at least agree on that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

hmmm I never looked at it in this way. do you see her response more of grandstanding??
    No, I didn't take it as grandstanding. To me Storm's perspective on her relationship felt like....a normal woman expressing some of the impact the emotional rigors her intense relationships with men have had. Especially with BP. Of all the men she's had a romantic connection with her relationships with BP, Forge & Wolverine have all been pretty complicated and pretty tumultuous. But with BP that, to me, has been the most significant, meaningful and influential. In spite of everything I think she wanted to clearly convey that T'challa is the man she loves, will be with with and will do anything for, even if she has certain personal reservations.

good good and good. hopefully we can get a storm solo now that fox and all it's horrible ideas have been cast into the wind:

https://www.themarysue.com/tim-miller-kitty-pride-axed/
    Also OK with this (no shade to Kitty fans but just saying....). Fox would probably botch her movie anyway (and that's besides Singer giving Kitty's DoFP role/relevance to Wolverine).

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I’m with you. I really feel her joy during these resurrection scenes. Resurrection Whisperer/High Priestess/Hype Woman of Krakoa really suits her.
    This issue was a good read. LOVED the Storm scene in the beginning. I actually love the idea of Hickman (if we ever get an expansion on the Krakoan government/leadership structure) having Storm being the High Priestess of Krakoa. With Krakoa being so large (and growing) you would think, outside of a ruling council, that they will have also a need for localized leadership, and someone to coordinate that leadership/bubble up issues and needs up to the ruling council as needed. Like have Moonstar, Karma, and Callisto being the local leadership for a certain section/faction of Krakoa that reports into Summer, Autumn, Winter, or Spring House. And/or the houses taking on certain critical world government roles (i.e. UN/government relations, superhero community relations, etc). So much story potential .

Mixed on this. I think:

- Yes, Nightcrawler should be on the list due to the deadly nature of his powers. However, if that insta-kill potential of his abilities is the basis of his eligibility for the top 10 that should also factor into the others on the list. Blood ripping, brain scrambling, TK atomizing, TP brain shut off, etc. ate all deadly applications that would create some shifting in this list placement.

- Jean, Storm and Magneto could be interchangeable. Magneto is the most mixed bag for me because villain plot armor is at the basis for him being #1. As a team villain of course he will get his wins in before the heroes eventually overcome him, but that ignores the heroes abilities being adjusted to fit the story so he could win.

- This can be such a toss up really. But if I had to rank them I'd factor in their power levels based on what they've done on panel, defenses, tactical application of their powers, and skills I'd modify the ranking a bit:

10. Sebastian Shaw
    9. Nightcrawler
    8. Sinister
    7. Xavier
    6. Emma Frost
    5. Apoc (torn because I instinctively want to put him at the top)
    2 - 4 - A coin toss for Jean, Storm & Magneto
    1- Exodus (though this is debatable)
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 11-06-2019 at 09:39 PM.

Then the BP movie shouldn't matter when it comes to her casting. I'm glad we at least agree on that.
    yes we do agree there lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Good ranking. I'd put Storm above Jean tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    No, I didn't take it as grandstanding. To me Storm's perspective on her relationship felt like....a normal woman expressing some of the impact the emotional rigors her intense relationships with men have had. Especially with BP. Of all the men she's had a romantic connection with her relationships with BP, Forge & Wolverine have all been pretty complicated and pretty tumultuous. But with BP that, to me, has been the most significant, meaningful and influential. In spite of everything I think she wanted to clearly convey that T'challa is the man she loves, will be with with and will do anything for, even if she has certain personal reservations.

Also OK with this (no shade to Kitty fans but just saying....). Fox would probably botch her movie anyway (and that's besides Singer giving Kitty's DoFP role/relevance to Wolverine).

This issue was a good read. LOVED the Storm scene in the beginning. I actually love the idea of Hickman (if we ever get an expansion on the Krakoan government/leadership structure) having Storm being the High Priestess of Krakoa. With Krakoa being so large (and growing) you would think, outside of a ruling council, that they will have also a need for localized leadership, and someone to coordinate that leadership/bubble up issues and needs up to the ruling council as needed. Like have Moonstar, Karma, and Callisto being the local leadership for a certain section/faction of Krakoa that reports into Summer, Autumn, Winter, or Spring House. And/or the houses taking on certain critical world government roles (i.e. UN/government relations, superhero community relations, etc). So much story potential .

Mixed on this. I think:

- Yes, Nightcrawler should be on the list due to the deadly nature of his powers. However, if that insta-kill potential of his abilities is the basis of his eligibility for the top 10 that should also factor into the others on the list. Blood ripping, brain scrambling, TK atomizing, TP brain shut off, etc. ate all deadly applications that would create some shifting in this list placement.

- Jean, Storm and Magneto could be interchangeable. Magneto is the most mixed bag for me because villain plot armor is at the basis for him being #1. As a team villain of course he will get his wins in before the heroes eventually overcome him, but that ignores the heroes abilities being adjusted to fit the story so he could win.

- This can be such a toss up really. But if I had to rank them I'd factor in their power levels based on what they've done on panel, defenses, tactical application of their powers, and skills I'd modify the ranking a bit:

10. Sebastian Shaw
    9. Nightcrawler
    8. Sinister
    7. Xavier
    6. Emma Frost
    1. Yes yes yes to everything you said regarding her relationship to tchalla. I want ororo to hsve her happy ending and she deserves this because of her relationships hsve tended fo be tumultuous. I just hope after all she has done and sacrificed he wouldnt give all of that up.

2. high dofp was hot trash. I just thank the hadari yao we made it through the dark ages because I was t certain we would.

3. I'm surprised that you put 2-4 above apocalypse. why is this? Ioved you analysis too by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Good ranking. I'd put Storm above Jean tho?
    yes I would absolutely agree with this lol

I think often times she gets placed as high as she does because if her association with Phoenix.

Lots of good conversation since my last visit.

ok maybe that's why it isnt making sense. WW first appeared in Batman vs Superman. She didnt have a major part but she was snooping around places where Bruce Waybe so happened to be. Ultimately she got what she snooping around for but then went to help batman and superman beat the big bag ugly at the end of the movie. None of what happened in the movie gave away her origins save a black and white photo taken in the earlier party of the 20th century. Thereafter, her first origin story movie was released that explained her beginnings. I'm saying something similarly could happen for Ororo in black panther.
    I think your idea makes a lot of sense. If the MCU the DC route and Introduced Storm like she was Batman vs Super,an ai don’t think that has to take away from Ororo’s story or building block for her own origins and myths in a solo film. I above all else want a Storm solo film and an animated movie preceding the film for build up. Hopefully her presence in the comics is supportive of a long term vision for the character.

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...36651962683393

This and todays director's cut of X-force stating that one of the reaver in the round table meeting was specifically wearing Wakandian clothing got me like hmmmmm.

But then also today Bruce Banner saying Wakanda and Karakoa are the only places with a possible future also got me like ahhhhh.
    Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed Marauders #1 and want to see Duggan succeed. His tweet has me intrigued about his take on the all mother. I got a big all mother type vibe in New Mutants today.

I agree with the list, but then again I rarely agree with the CBR articles. They feel like hype pieces to heat up the forums, which is okay as lit mug as the article is well done. They are missing some pieces for Storm, Magneto and Emma that short lad be factors in their ranking, but eh....

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post

Mixed on this. I think:

10. Sebastian Shaw
    9. Nightcrawler
    8. Sinister
    7. Xavier
    6. Emma Frost
    Fair points. If Apocalypse should be #1 why isn’t he? I think he could take Exodus, even as an alpha level mutant. And why is 2 - 4 a toss up?

yes I would absolutely agree with this lol

I think often times she gets placed as high as she does because if her association with Phoenix.

Yep. It’s mentiomed in her write up and that seems to skew the ranking in her favor.

BANNED

oh ok I gotcha! I hope you are right. heck why am I not confident. bish you always right lol.
    Lol not always. I do think I'm pretty good at picking up on context clues tho. I also believe that Hickman ultimately took his first major cue from Taylor's X-Men Red. That run also tried the idea of mutant nation building, it also introduced X-Men fans to the complicated relationship between my two faves and highlighted that T'Challa is always down for mutant issues. Imagine T'Challa actually telling Jean Grey about his relationship with Storm. That all happened and I'm thankful.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    High priestess is her nature. Look at her in Wakanda and now I’m Krakoa.
    Their goddess of life.

Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    Lots of good conversation since my last visit.

I think your idea makes a lot of sense. If the MCU the DC route and Introduced Storm like she was Batman vs Super,an ai don’t think that has to take away from Ororo’s story or building block for her own origins and myths in a solo film. I above all else want a Storm solo film and an animated movie preceding the film for build up. Hopefully her presence in the comics is supportive of a long term vision for the character.

Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed Marauders #1 and want to see Duggan succeed. His tweet has me intrigued about his take on the all mother. I got a big all mother type vibe in New Mutants today.

I agree with the list, but then again I rarely agree with the CBR articles. They feel like hype pieces to heat up the forums, which is okay as lit mug as the article is well done. They are missing some pieces for Storm, Magneto and Emma that short lad be factors in their ranking, but eh....

Fair points. If Apocalypse should be #1 why isn’t he? I think he could take Exodus, even as an alpha level mutant. And why is 2 - 4 a toss up?
    1. Exactly. Her being in his film doesnt have to distract from anything that would potentially be in her solo her having an animated film too though marvels cartoons auxk really bad lol.

2. What elements are missing from your perspective on the list for storm, magneto and emma?

3. I wanted to know why they are tossups too lol.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Assuming Storm is given a solo movie, I don't see why it would be an issue having her first appearance under Disney be in Black Panther. Let's not forget, T'Challa was introduced to the MCU in Avengers Civil War. His showing in that movie, and I admit I was pleasantly surprised with his depiction, did not take away from the character. In fact, it hyped viewers for his solo. It makes perfect sense for Disney to use a movie with a strong following to showcase another character. They've done it time and again with other characters, as have DC. A great depiction of Storm in BP will only serve to whet the appetite of not only her fans but generate interest from viewers who know little to nothing about her. Actually, that's what happened with Okoye's character. Who in the hell outside of hardcore BP comic book fans knew who in the hell Okoye was until Civil War and then BP? No one, but the response to her character was nothing but positive. So positive, viewers want to see even more of her, especially in a solo. So having Storm first appear in BP isn't a bad idea at all. It has the potential, if indeed she is given a solo movie, to propel her movie into a box office hit, which I would LOVE.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 11-07-2019 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Assuming Storm is given a solo movie, I don't see why it would be an issue having her first appearance under Disney be in Black Panther. Let's not forget, T'Challa was introduced to the MCU in Avengers Civil War. His showing in that movie, and I admit I was pleasantly surprised with his depiction, did not take away from the character. In fact, it hyped viewers for his solo. It makes perfect sense for Disney to use a movie with a strong following to showcase another character. They've done it time and again with other characters, as have DC. A great depiction of Storm in BP will only serve to whet the appetite of not only her fans but generate interests from viewers who know little to nothing about her. Actually, that's what happened with Okoye's character. Who in the hell outside of hardcore BP comic book fans knew who in the hell Okoye was until Civil War and then BP? No one, but the response to her character was nothing but positive. So positive, viewers want to see even more of her, especially in a solo. So having Storm first appear in BP isn't a bad idea at all. It has the potential, if indeed she is given a solo movie, to propel her movie into a box office hit, which I would LOVE.
    Only problem I see is if they didn't cast the rest of the X-Men at the same time. Parker and Tchalla are the leads of their movies so they can cast around them later. Storm would be part of a team movie later so it's more important that those characters have good chemistry. Otherwise she might make a good BP debut and but the Xmen movie would suffer from lack of cohesion.

Also if they go the first class route with the rest of the xmen, we'd get an Amen Evolution Storm because she have to be a similar age to Tchalla in BP.
    Last edited by Cville; 11-07-2019 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Only problem I see is if they didn't cast the rest of the X-Men at the same time. Parker and Tchalla are the leads of their movies so they can cast around them later. Storm would be part of a team movie later so it's more important that those characters have good chemistry. Otherwise she might make a good BP debut and but the Xmen movie would suffer from lack of cohesion.

Also if they go the first class route with the rest of the xmen, we'd get an Amen Evolution Storm because she have to be a similar age to Tchalla in BP.
    Exactly the point i'm trying to make as well. If it's all about Black love it's not that hard to have Storm fall for any black man created for her and still having her meet with Tchalla later but in a different way. But this is all about just making Tchalla and Storm a couple on the big screen and imo that is not a good reason to cast Storm or put her in the BP film. I'd also rather have two franchises with black leads rather than them having to stumble over each other or it feeling exactly like why some had problems with BP/Storm the first time. They are just putting them together because they are black.

I vote younger Storm. But i guess some people want "mother" Storm in the movies.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/