Page 33 of 662 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133533 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Storm could create a fog/white-out (or a combo of both to limit a blitz attack and make herself near possible to find. But to me that only buys time. Carol can handle lightning, space level cold, hits from the uber strong bricks,can fly in a vacuum so suffocation is out and her being overloaded is unlikely. I can’t envision the scenario where she’d get overloaded and not go Binary. This all spells uphill battle for Ororo. And that’s if Carol doesn’t get a successful mach 3 blitz from the gate and that would KO Storm. I’d favor CM for a win 8-9/10 tbh.

H2H should still be a good fight, even though I think Storm has a better resume. Carol is welltrained though she tends to just brawl, and has used nerve strikes before in H2H, and was noted for her ability to take a hit (from the more agile/stronger Hepzibah) when she was powerless. I’d favor Ororo there for a majority in a good fight 6-7/10.
    To your first paragraph. In a sense that is very likely and true, but you must understand Carol does not do well when you hit her with high amounts of Energy. It does in fact hurt her now. When Blue Marvel hit Carol with his Energy attacks she went Binary for a few seconds. It stands to reason that Carol can’t contain that much high energy as she used to. As I said before how she hit Legion in current UXM #10 that attack will knock Carol out. Yes, Carol could blitz Storm but I mean Storm reaction is....decent I’m not worried about a blitz. A fog and heavy rain is nice, but Tornadoes and Lightning combined attack is enough to throw Carol off balance. The POINT is, if Storm does anything LESS than her full power? Carol Danvers beats Storm as you say 8-9/10

However, Storm vs Carol Danvers is still a 50/50 fight either of them can easily Win.

Indeed, Carol is good in the Realm of H2H, but she has no skill. It’s exactly as you put it she is a BRAWLER. Storm has experience, Skill and cunningness combined with agility and quick to think of her feet, gives Storm the Win.

Huh? Carol can literally fly faster than the speed of sound and has superhuman reaction time, Storm doesn't. Powerless Carol vs. Powerless Storm is definitely an interesting fight but as is, Ororo is losing.

The Storm vs Carol discussion is interesting. Carol definitely has the advantage.

It makes me remember that Storm needs some more defensive feats. She is a glass canon and using her powers more defensively would be more interesting than Lightning Lass all the time.

Plus, they should team-up. That could be pretty fun and kind of like the old days when Carol was close with the X-Men. I'm hoping 2019 is the year of many Storm guest appearances and cameos outside of the X-books.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-21-2019 at 04:44 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    To your first paragraph. In a sense that is very likely and true, but you must understand Carol does not do well when you hit her with high amounts of Energy. It does in fact hurt her now. When Blue Marvel hit Carol with his Energy attacks she went Binary for a few seconds. It stands to reason that Carol canÂ’t contain that much high energy as she used to. As I said before how she hit Legion in current UXM #10 that attack will knock Carol out. Yes, Carol could blitz Storm but I mean Storm reaction is....decent IÂ’m not worried about a blitz. A fog and heavy rain is nice, but Tornadoes and Lightning combined attack is enough to throw Carol off balance. The POINT is, if Storm does anything LESS than her full power? Carol Danvers beats Storm as you say 8-9/10

However, Storm vs Carol Danvers is still a 50/50 fight either of them can easily Win.

Indeed, Carol is good in the Realm of H2H, but she has no skill. ItÂ’s exactly as you put it she is a BRAWLER. Storm has experience, Skill and cunningness combined with agility and quick to think of her feet, gives Storm the Win.

But what proof is there that CM couldn't handle Storm's energy output though? She has some VERY HIGH end energy absorption feats (i.e. absorbed the energy of a nuke and sent the Sentry reeling with a punch) and VERY HIGH end durability (i.e. took hits from Wonder Man, Iron Man, Thanos's blasts). I am not seeing a basis for a 50/50 shot here. For all of Storm's power, cunning and skill, as much as I hate saying it, the odds are well within Carol's favor.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

BANNED

But what proof is there that CM couldn't handle Storm's energy output though? She has some VERY HIGH end energy absorption feats (i.e. absorbed the energy of a nuke and sent the Sentry reeling with a punch) and VERY HIGH end durability (i.e. took hits from Wonder Man, Iron Man, Thanos's blasts). I am not seeing a basis for a 50/50 shot here. For all of Storm's power, cunning and skill, as much as I hate saying it, the odds are well within Carol's favor.
    I’m not saying that CM can’t handle it, she can. What I am saying is CM can not handle an everlasting High Energy attack. Look back at the Inferno Saga Uncanny X-Men #242. Where Storm overloaded a Demon that Absorbs Energy. You know what Storm did. The same principles follows here with CM. I know CM can absorb energy to boost her own physicals. Hurting Sentry could just be PIS because THAT dudes Durability is far above Carols Paygrade. However, as I stated before Carol has aborb Energy that has proven to much for her to handle (I.e Magic Carol went to help Dr.Strange she was able to absorb Magic but she couldn’t absorb large quantities of it.)(Another example Blue Marvel in Ultimates #1 Adam Brashear BM hit her with half of his energy blast and Carol told him she will let him know when it’s too much. And the small amount he was hitting her with was still hurting her. Granted she did Go Binary, but that lasted for a few seconds) I have another ex but I’ll leave that out.

So, the point for Storms victory still stands. Yes, CM can absorb Storm energy, but if Storm decides to go full force too much of it WILL result in CM getting KO because it does hurt her. The odds may be in Carols fav, but she can still lose. You can have the advantage over someone and still lose a fight.

It’s Still a 50/50 because Carol doesn’t actually have a way to get to Storm other than Via Blitz which she doesn’t do on a consistent basis. And she has no real way to by pass Storms huge Kinetic Energy attacks. We ALL know Storms powerful Wind Feats. Carols not laying a finger on Storm UNLESS Carol goes for the Blitz the start of the fight.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 01-21-2019 at 07:19 PM.

I’m not saying that CM can’t handle it, she can. What I am saying is CM can not handle an everlasting High Energy attack. Look back at the Inferno Saga Uncanny X-Men #242. Where Storm overloaded a Demon that Absorbs Energy. You know what Storm did. The same principles follows here with CM. I know CM can absorb energy to boost her own physicals. Hurting Sentry could just be PIS because THAT dudes Durability is far above Carols Paygrade. However, as I stated before Carol has aborb Energy that has proven to much for her to handle (I.e Magic Carol went to help Dr.Strange she was able to absorb Magic but she couldn’t absorb large quantities of it.)(Another example Blue Marvel in Ultimates #1 Adam Brashear BM hit her with half of his energy blast and Carol told him she will let him know when it’s too much. And the small amount he was hitting her with was still hurting her. Granted she did Go Binary, but that lasted for a few seconds) I have another ex but I’ll leave that out.

So, the point for Storms victory still stands. Yes, CM can absorb Storm energy, but if Storm decides to go full force too much of it WILL result in CM getting KO because it does hurt her. The odds may be in Carols fav, but she can still lose. You can have the advantage over someone and still lose a fight.

It’s Still a 50/50 because Carol doesn’t actually have a way to get to Storm other than Via Blitz which she doesn’t do on a consistent basis. And she has no real way to by pass Storms huge Kinetic Energy attacks. We ALL know Storms powerful Wind Feats. Carols not laying a finger on Storm UNLESS Carol goes for the Blitz the start of the fight.
    With respect to the superior opponent losing a fight where they have the edge I agree. What we're doing is taking everything these ladies have done and comparing them to see who could have an edge if they fought. We seem to to agree for the most part, but the burden of the proof to support Storm's standing a chance doesn't exist.

The problem that we have is that we can't quantify the energy outputs to truly compare and know that Storm's power would exceeds CM's limits. And even if they could I haven't seen any example of her being actually KO'd by it. Even though I know Sentry would trounce Carol the main point was that she absorbed a nuke with no problem. Is her limit 2 nukes? 3? 10? 100? We don't know to say for certain. It could be that the elemental energy of a hurricane (multiple nukes) could be too much for her. We simply don't have a showing to know what the limit is. Blue Marvel's energy and magical energy are doable but she experiences pain. The type of energy is probably also a factor, but we know for sure she can handle electrical energy as she has absorbed 1/2 the electrical power of Seattle with no issue (still well below Storm's output but proves electrical energy/lightning is not one of the forms of energy she is hurt by). Until we can establish CM's limits vs Storm's output it's really an assumption that tactic from Storm would even be viable in a fight between the two. We have nothing from Nastirh to prove his energy absorption is anywhere near Carol's for that example to hold weight.

Storm's winds can protect her to a fair degree but she needs more defensive application development to really a make case for their effectiveness (long overdue for the pressure dome/sphere to makes it's return ad be a standard defense for Ororo).

BANNED

With respect to the superior opponent losing a fight where they have the edge I agree. What we're doing is taking everything these ladies have done and comparing them to see who could have an edge if they fought. We seem to to agree for the most part, but the burden of the proof to support Storm's standing a chance doesn't exist.

The problem that we have is that we can't quantify the energy outputs to truly compare and know that Storm's power would exceeds CM's limits. And even if they could I haven't seen any example of her being actually KO'd by it. Even though I know Sentry would trounce Carol the main point was that she absorbed a nuke with no problem. Is her limit 2 nukes? 3? 10? 100? We don't know to say for certain. It could be that the elemental energy of a hurricane (multiple nukes) could be too much for her. We simply don't have a showing to know what the limit is. Blue Marvel's energy and magical energy are doable but she experiences pain. The type of energy is probably also a factor, but we know for sure she can handle electrical energy as she has absorbed 1/2 the electrical power of Seattle with no issue (still well below Storm's output but proves electrical energy/lightning is not one of the forms of energy she is hurt by). Until we can establish CM's limits vs Storm's output it's really an assumption that tactic from Storm would even be viable in a fight between the two. We have nothing from Nastirh to prove his energy absorption is anywhere near Carol's for that example to hold weight.

Storm's winds can protect her to a fair degree but she needs more defensive application development to really a make case for their effectiveness (long overdue for the pressure dome/sphere to makes it's return ad be a standard defense for Ororo).
    1. But that’s thing it does exist for Storm. She has the necessary powerset to keep Carol away and overload her.

2. I can agree with you on one aspect true we don’t know the extent of Carols limits. But I’d say your incorrect on a few point there. The point is Carol can not withstand an ongoing attack by these types of Energy regardless of what they are. Yes she can absorb a Nuke and half of the electric energy of Seattle, and Magic and Cosmic Energy etc. But what she can not take is these energies constantly bombarding her relentlessly and without stopping THATS her problem. Carol has yet fixed that problem because she still gets hurt. And then she gets overloaded. One Lightning Bolt carries about 5billion Joules of Energy that’s higher than one Nuke(which Carol absorbed). True, we can not compare the Demon and Carol, but you forget that same Demon was also eating up Storms Lightning. And if Lightning carries that much energy than a Nuke and Storm was able to overload that same Demon by bombarding it with non stop lightning until he exploded? The same principles as said before applies to Carol Danvers.(She May not explode but will pass out or get KO) This tactic isn’t an assumption it’s absolutely viable it’s a problem that Carol has yet to this very same day in comics has found a solution for.

3. Yes, Storm does need more defensive applications, but it’s effectiveness still works, because Carol Danvers has no actual way of getting passed them.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 01-21-2019 at 09:27 PM.

1. But that’s thing it does exist for Storm. She has the necessary powerset to keep Carol away and overload her.
    Even this is were viable,and thus far it cannot be proven by canon examples, based on what showing for Storm? What would stop Carol from simply releasing the energy if it was too much for her to contain? Nastirh was too overwhelmed to focus and release - Are we presuming Carol, with her undefined limits, would share the same fate?

2. I can agree with you on one aspect true we don’t know the extent of Carols limits. But I’d say your incorrect on a few point there. The point is Carol can not withstand an ongoing attack by these types of Energy regardless of what they are. Yes she can absorb a Nuke and half of the electric energy of Seattle, and Magic and Cosmic Energy etc. But what she can not take is these energies constantly bombarding her relentlessly and without stopping THATS her problem. Carol has yet fixed that problem because she still gets hurt. And then she gets overloaded. One Lightning Bolt carries about 5billion Joules of Energy that’s higher than one Nuke(which Carol absorbed). True, we can not compare the Demon and Carol, but you forget that same Demon was also eating up Storms Lightning. And if Lightning carries that much energy than a Nuke and Storm was able to overload that same Demon by bombarding it with non stop lightning until he exploded? The same principles as said before applies to Carol Danvers.(She May not explode but will pass out or get KO) This tactic isn’t an assumption it’s absolutely viable it’s a problem that Carol has yet to this very same day in comics has found a solution for.
    But we cannot prove it. My point is there isn't a single instance in canon that proves this would work. We don't have an energy absorber who exceeds Carol's capacity that was overloaded by Storm or comparable energy wielded by Storm. The best example are Bishop and Nastirh - neither have superior showings to CM. We are at the point where we have clear receipts that proves Carol's limits can't handle Storm's output or we simply agree to disagree, and move on to the next topic (though I truly enjoy the discussion and we should do this more often).

Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

BANNED

Even this is were viable,and thus far it cannot be proven by canon examples, based on what showing for Storm? What would stop Carol from simply releasing the energy if it was too much for her to contain? Nastirh was too overwhelmed to focus and release - Are we presuming Carol, with her undefined limits, would share the same fate?
    It’s exactly the same scenario only that Carol doesn’t explode. When has Carol been hit with too much energy and then releases that energy?? Because by cannon I have her never seen Carol do as such.

But we cannot prove it. My point is there isn't a single instance in canon that proves this would work. We don't have an energy absorber who exceeds Carol's capacity that was overloaded by Storm or comparable energy wielded by Storm. The best example are Bishop and Nastirh - neither have superior showings to CM. We are at the point where we have clear receipts that proves Carol's limits can't handle Storm's output or we simply agree to disagree, and move on to the next topic (though I truly enjoy the discussion and we should do this more often).
    I’ll say this and we can move on to the next topic. Even though we have never seen CM pass out from having too much energy she has always absorbed enough of what she can handle. Throughout her whole history she has always done that. So, sure I can agree that we have never seen her pass out, but that’s because she’s out in situations where she’s does just enough to get by. We can Agree to Disagree, but by Cannon and consistency Captain Marvel has routinely shown she cannot handle it. And with Storm record of producing large amounts of non-stopping energy and dealing with people who absorb energy only proves that this tactic can work.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 01-22-2019 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Huh? Carol can literally fly faster than the speed of sound and has superhuman reaction time, Storm doesn't. Powerless Carol vs. Powerless Storm is definitely an interesting fight but as is, Ororo is losing.
    Storm can also fly faster then the speed of sound. Carol's reaction time does give her a advantage here
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Hmmm Not liking this too much, though the hair and the cape design (not the under side of it though) looks cool. The rest looks....hard to say exactly what is putting me off it.

That redesign looks fit for the Fox films (First Class Banshee inspired), but definitely not a comic one

BANNED

Storm reminds me of a robot here. But she also looks like Classic Banshee

The design is based off beaded work. I own a beaded vuvuzela with same pattern

And the undercape reminds me of some place mats from South Africa i have at home. They're inspired designs anyway.

The second picture he put up was impressive where she's using her powers
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-22-2019 at 12:16 PM.