Page 209 of 662 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Interesting.. i havent seen stormbot in a while let me subject myself to this torture
    well in that case major x 6
    and marvel presents issue 6

you've been warned
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    No I have to disagree actually. I think it makes perfect sense for Ororo to hesitate in fully stepping into her Godhood, if not even more so because of Jean. She watched her best friend, someone she loved dearly and knew to be a wonderful person and possibly the closest thing to family she has known outside of Achmed, Ainet, and T’challa since her parents died turn into a world devouring, insatiable cosmic entity when imbued with the powers of a God. Dying multiple times because of it, to the great pain of all who loved her. Uncanny #147 being the perfect example of her ascending to this higher plane of being only to let the fear of becoming like Jean and hurting her friends give her the strength to rein it in and suppress infinite power. I even believe that if it weren’t for Jean and how traumatic that relationship has been for her, she probably would’ve breached this threshold a lot sooner than now. Just my thoughts though.

Another reason being Control. Control has been a monumental theme throughout Ororo’s life. Loss of control in the tragedy of losing her parents at 5 years old. No control over her surroundings imploding around her leading to a debilitating case of claustrophobia. Maintaining constant control over her emotions to stabilize the surrounding weather and not harm those around her. A factor that has had such an affect on her personality as to make people who aren’t close to her view her as being slightly distant and aloof, when really she is just permanently guarded for their sake. No control over the loss of her powers and her identity due to her severed connection from the Earth. The pain of having no control over the fact that your marriage was unilaterally ended, and even more so not being able to control the fact that you still love him regardless. I don’t see it being that strange that taking the blind leap of faith into this new echelon of being would be scary for Ororo, not knowing if she will lose control of her agency, her powers, or her life if she does. I think it’s perfectly reasonable, however I do think it’s coming to a point where she won’t have a choice anymore. She will have to leap into that great unknown probably to save her love, T’challa or to protect Wakanda from danger but as we all know, she will soar.
    So true.
    accounting for all she has been through, being a goddess in her mind is not what it was when Charles Xavier found her.
    I personally think it makes for great character development before she finally ascends and rests in what she truly is, A goddess.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 06-26-2019 at 09:29 PM.

I haven't been reading black panther. I'd Coates building up on the goddess storm storyline, I saw someone mention the Orishas as I was skimming through the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    I haven't been reading black panther. I'd Coates building up on the goddess storm storyline, I saw someone mention the Orishas as I was skimming through the thread
    hmmm. I think this arc will potentially begin to explore the goddess storyline but beyond the future wakandans referencing her as the hadari yao and ororo herself denying being a goddess there hasnt been much development. basically it's just starting to bubble.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-26-2019 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post

thanks for sharing. good to see she was just as ineffective here as she has been in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    thanks for sharing. ororo has a strong LGBTQ following

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    So true.
    accounting for all she has been through, being a goddess in her mind is not what it was when Charles Xavier found her.
    I personally think it makes for great character development before she finally ascends and rests in what she truly is, A goddess.
    Keep in mind, this is the same woman who was brave enough, sure enough and strong enough to host Eternity's consciousness...of her own free will.

next month should be a real treat. we get fearless, black panther and the new Hickman book.

I hope he doesnt try to go against the grain with this character. I would a return to the storm towards the end of claremonts run where she didnt mind cutting a b!tch when necessary and not this I hare pacifist storm bot writers tend to give us.

almost to 500 signatures!!! please continue to share and sign if you havent done so:

https://www.change.org/p/marvel-marv...dari-yao-4ever

An ugly variant for Storm just got revealed

She needs a bra and something to fix those hands

Did she give herself a stroke?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Chile this is nothing. you wanna see an ugly storm I got something here for you:

Attachment 83917

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Chile this is nothing. you wanna see an ugly storm I got something here for you:

Attachment 83917
    OMG no no no!! Yuck �� kill it with fire!!

Quote Originally Posted by xfire2k13 View Post
    OMG no no no!! Yuck �� kill it with fire!!

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Wow, anyone know who inked that? It's one of the worst covers I've ever seen. Don't like that the pencil sketch marks are still visible either.