Page 142 of 662 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242642 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I just read that article about Hickman, and how they are cancelling everything and starting over. I don't know how much of a reboot we are talking, but honestly, the franchise has been garbage since Quesada threw them under the bus with No More Mutants. I don't know what exactly Hickman has in mind for changes, and how the franchise will move forward afterwards, but this could be the third great restart the franchise has been waiting for. Len/Dave/Chris changed the game with Giant Sized, and that made the franchise bloom to it's greatest heights. Morrison came later and gave the franchise another big shakeup, whose influence is still felt strongly in the modern books(of course with diminishing returns as it was in Claremont's wake in the later 90's). Here's hoping Storm gets a prominent spot in the new era, but I guess we'll see how it all shakes out.
    Hearing that news I just hope Storm is shown as a confident, prominent and powerful Goddess of the X-Men. I will not pass judgement so I will wait and see and cross my fingers that Storm is going to be great in this Reboot.

"No More Background for Storm" - says Scarlet Witch.....Make it happen Hickman.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    AH! The Phil Jimenez toned down version of Storm’s costume in Astonishing X-Men. Original design by Simone Bianchi
    Bianchi's design was... uh, look, I get what he was going for and appreciate the effort, but it doesn't look like something a human being could wear, even by superhero standards (which are pretty low). Amusingly, if you follow Phil Jimenez' evolution of it, he seemed like he was drawing the same costume when it fact it was basically Dave Cockrum's original design but in white.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As one of my favourites, I love Storm, dearly. But I also love the X-Men in general and over all.
    So...
    Whether or not Storm has a prominent role I am here for HiX-Man's Reboot/Relaunch/Whatever goodness!!!
    Storm wasn't part of Morrison's relaunch, which while I loved Claremont's X-Treme, Storm really did miss out by not being a part of the Morrison squad(though I am thankful Claremont intercepted her just to keep Morrison from making Ororo and Scott have the affair instead of Emma. That would have been straight trash.), and the Whedon Astonishing that spun off of it. Storm was completely a side character in the modern X-Men era, excepting rare and brief runs, and that combined with the film and cartoon adaptations really destroyed her fanbase of late. She really needs a push. Even if Hickman doesn't use her much, I am hoping the MCU does, and then maybe we can just get a Storm solo franchise off the ground. If she's not in visionary leader mode with the X-Men, shaping them to her worldview, then she's being wasted, and I just don't see the current crop of writers focusing on her over Xavier, Scott, Jean, Logan, and Magnus, so maybe it is for the best that she starts to vector off on her own.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Spectacular Member

I just read that article about Hickman, and how they are cancelling everything and starting over. I don't know how much of a reboot we are talking, but honestly, the franchise has been garbage since Quesada threw them under the bus with No More Mutants. I don't know what exactly Hickman has in mind for changes, and how the franchise will move forward afterwards, but this could be the third great restart the franchise has been waiting for. Len/Dave/Chris changed the game with Giant Sized, and that made the franchise bloom to it's greatest heights. Morrison came later and gave the franchise another big shakeup, whose influence is still felt strongly in the modern books(of course with diminishing returns as it was in Claremont's wake in the later 90's). Here's hoping Storm gets a prominent spot in the new era, but I guess we'll see how it all shakes out.
    I’m hoping for the same as well....we’ve only seen her in the first promo so maybe they are saving her for a later preview.....idk I’m just nervous her role within the Xmen is going to diminish even more so thn it already has

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

There will be a slew of X-books post HoX and PoX so...anything's possible.

BANNED

Wait a minute QUESTION.

If Hickman is rebooting the X-Men does that mean the Development of Storm being a Goddess is gone now??? Because essentially a Reboot would mean anything before it gets erased right????

Quite possibly.
    But...it may not be an outright reboot but a re-imagining going forward. In which case, she may or may not retain that Goddess-connection.
    And it will depend on if the writers believe the Goddess aspect is relevant to the character and her story going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it's from your fav movie franchise to drop next month!!!
    If I wasnt married to you I'd fight you
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    [
    the xmen are getting reboot. I'm out and done yall its been real.
    Link me kyss
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Quite possibly.
    But...it may not be an outright reboot but a re-imagining going forward. In which case, she may or may not retain that Goddess-connection.
    And it will depend on if the writers believe the Goddess aspect is relevant to the character and her story going forward.
    That would be such a waste..........

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Wait a minute QUESTION.

If Hickman is rebooting the X-Men does that mean the Development of Storm being a Goddess is gone now??? Because essentially a Reboot would mean anything before it gets erased right????
    its never really mattered in the X-books so I dont think much will change in terms of how she's portrayed

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Link me kyss
    https://www.cbr.com/hickman-explains...-cancellation/

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    If I wasnt married to you I'd fight you
    (^_^) I love u boo.

Wait a minute QUESTION.

yup which is why I'm out. for all we know her whole time being worshipped as a goddess could be wiped as well as her ability to perceive energy. she may be reduced to just a weather manipulator. I don't trust Hickman to understand or get the nuisances of her powers.

I'm sorry I dont trust anyone with rewriting her history but Claremont. I dont think storm fans are going to like this revamp of her mythos. I'm not sure the aspect of her being a goddess survive this. at any rate I'm not giving it a shot or wasting my money on it so it matters not to me at this point.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I wonder how much of a reboot we are going to get. I hope Storm's goddess-hood remains intact. I also hope her relationship with BP doesn't get trampled on or ignored/erased.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    its never really mattered in the X-books so I dont think much will change in terms of how she's portrayed
    its not just her being an actual goddess that worries me. it's the portion of her being worshipped as one before becoming an xman that can be completely wiped. some see the idea that Africans worshipping her as being problematic and racist, so I wouldnt be surprised if it was completely written out.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

That would be such a waste..........
    No loss really.
    It's not as though Coates did any significant exploration with it beyond the initial revelation.
    And...other than a "Goddess" word drop and a tweet, somewhere...the X-Offices had pretty ignored it entirely.