Page 629 of 662 FirstFirst ... 129529579619625626627628629630631632633639 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,435 of 9921
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As a fan I am quite happy with her in DoX.
    It's not quite on the same level as Betsy in Excalibur or Roberto in New Mutants or even Emma in Marauders but that's because she's just not the central character. Once she gets her moments...and they will happen in this first arc...to shine, I'm good.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    After listening to the interview with Duggan he mentions they wheren't sure where Storm was going to end up team wise because of Coates (and other characters being used outside X-Men) and that they worked with them ahead of time. Later on he says they didn't want to take her out of the Panther books and that she's essentially running from one theater to another, otherwise he doesn't say much other than shes got some big stories coming up so obviously he can't talk about them yet. It sounds like they where holding back on her when they where putting the books together because of what Coates was doing.

A few times now he's said shes had her own personal reasons for joining and it really seems like it will amount to Wakanda, but overall after listening to the interview I'm very excited. I really liked how transparent he was about the characters he chose and how excited he is about the stories coming up and potentially can be told due to this Dawn of X.
    My goodness a lot of catch up reading to do. Will comment on those older/already addressed items later. With respect to Guggan’s interview (great for Kate & Emma fans) as it pertains to Storm, it felt like BS talk off to me. Very vague and general style responses when she came up. It felt like...planning as they go forward vs already having critical roles/plans for the Cyclops/Emma/Kitty consortium.

Hell we had Wolverine, Spiderman (even Storm at one point) popping up in so many books simultaneously that this whole “we need to coordinate our efforts for Storm’s role in other titles to tie in to some big alleged future plan” sounds like talk off...as in “we have no plan but maybe someday so keep buying/stay tuned...”

It begs the question - why she is consistently secondary for critical x-roles for the last 10 plus years? Cyclops, Magneto, Emma, & Kitty have been starting out from the gate as the shapers of the X-verse while we have to wait umpteen issues for some alleged big role for Storm...? I didn’t walk away from the interview thinking she’s in good hands so....I’ll go buy the receipts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I know before BP she was more prominent in the x-books. I don't think any Storm fan can deny her appearances in x-books suffered due to her being in BP and never recovered since she left and came back. Granted that's on marvel but her status in BP has impacted her status in X-men from the beginning of the engagement.
    It was the opposite. At one point Emma Frost was the only major adult X-Woman with the other X-Women being depowered, death, or otherwise written out of the picture. That was why Black Panther got their hands on her in the first place. It was for the best because she desperately needed development and a background outside of her mutant teammates in the X-Men. Notice any major character in the X-books has things like a background and supporting characters that are a part of their lives, or that when they want to push a character in the lead, they give them these characters.

Storm will likely appear in a Black Panther movie, and that will certainly be better than her Fox movie appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    It was the opposite. At one point Emma Frost was the only major adult X-Woman with the other X-Women being depowered, death, or otherwise written out of the picture. That was why Black Panther got their hands on her in the first place. It was for the best because she desperately needed development and a background outside of her mutant teammates in the X-Men. Notice any major character in the X-books has things like a background and supporting characters that are a part of their lives, or that when they want to push a character in the lead, they give them these characters.

Storm will likely appear in a Black Panther movie, and that will certainly be better than her Fox movie appearances.
    Not here for Storm in BP. I don't want her cast for another franchise with actors who may not even be in the MU that long that are all almost pushing 40 but thats just me.

As for X-men Storm was in xtreme xmen leading the team from 2002-2004 after that she in 2005 was decimation and in 2006 she married and then we saw very little of her in the x-book s until the divorce. I'm not debating if it was needed or not but it did affect her status in the x-books big time. 2005 was also the year she had her mini Ororo after the Storm.

It all went down hill after the retelling of her origin in which at 12 she saved BP (they had him save her.) and they had a 12 year old having sex for whatever reason. To which i still feel they would not have done if Storm was a young white girl.
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-09-2019 at 08:15 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As a fan I am quite happy with her in DoX.
    It's not quite on the same level as Betsy in Excalibur or Roberto in New Mutants or even Emma in Marauders but that's because she's just not the central character. Once she gets her moments...and they will happen in this first arc...to shine, I'm good.
    Honestly, I think we should be greatful that Storm was used at in DOX. There are still mutants that have been there just as long as Storm and they are not even on teams......Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Honestly, I think we should be greatful that Storm was used at in DOX. There are still mutants that have been there just as long as Storm and they are not even on teams......Yikes.
    I know i am. I enjoy her in DOX and her place in it. Hoping it only gets better and it should. Marvel has NO excuse now especially since they own all rights again.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

Storm being removed from the X-line in the mid 00s did nothing for her character and she still hasnt recovered to this day from that damage

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm being removed from the X-line in the mid 00s did nothing for her character and she still hasnt recovered to this day from that damage
    Of course she has She's a glorified Goddess and one of the Figure Heads of the Krakoan Nation.

(Kidding for the record lol)
    Last edited by loke13; 12-09-2019 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Of course she has She's a glorified Goddess and one of the Figure Heads of the Krakoan Nation.
    Thus far she's been a glorified extra in Hickman's era. She's not a lead character and that started when Marvel removed her from the books in the 00s. She came back to horrible stints and has not risen back into prominence within the X-books as she once was. I see nothing about that changing right now. She's only appearing regularly in one book and secondary thus far to Kitty and Emma. She cameos in X-men and thats it. There was a time when Storm used to drive story and that has not happened in quite some time. Even the upcoming GS issue will center around Jean and Emma with Storm merely being a plot device to get them together. She may be a glorfied goddess, but that has meant nothing in the X-books. She may be a figure head on Krakoa but so are plenty of other characters and not all of them are treated equally. Case in point, Bishop, Gorgon and Nightcrawler.
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-09-2019 at 10:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thus far she's been a glorified extra in Hickman's era. She's not a lead character and that started when Marvel removed her from the books in the 00s. She came back to horrible stints and has not risen back into prominence within the X-books as she once was. I see nothing about that changing right now. She's only appearing regularly in one book and secondary thus far to Kitty and Emma. She cameos in X-men and thats it. There was a time when Storm used to drive story and that has not happened in quite some time. Even the upcoming GS issue will center around Jean and Emma with Storm merely being a plot device to get them together
    All valid complaints if you want Storm to take a much more prominent position within the X world.

In my opinion the vibe I'm getting with Storm in this new Hickman era is that big things are on the horizon for her. She's featured in the flagship title (Marauders) and her ties to wakanda and black panther make her the perfect character for the inevitable conflict that's sure to be on the horizon not to mention the writer themselves saying they have big plans for Storm moving forward.

What can I say I just have faith.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

1. I wasnt impressed with the interview at all. the interview was over an hour long and he didnt get into any substantial storm talk until the 59:00 mark. he had so much to say about kitty (and I mean a lot), how his favorite to write is Emma, how he has this huge gift for iceman and let's not forget sexy sebastian shaw but once he got to ororo it was nothing of value. i never understand how wolverine and spiderman (and in some cases thor and hulk) can appear wherever without so much an issue but it becomes burdensome when ororo is featured (on occasion) in another book? coates didn't have any issue referencing her doing work with the xmen or krakoa but there is some big challenge to acknowledge she has loyalties beyond just being an xman or kitty babysitter? please just stop the fake news. I would hate to see what things we would be talking about if ororo was only am xmen property.

2. as much as it pains me I dont see any comicbook fairing great unless you are batman or spiderman. heck the xmen couldnt even claim great or good numbers before the reboot. so people incorrectly claiming it is coates that is the problem with BP, I challenge you to look at the numbers for black panther before it was canceled under hudlin's tenure. if they get a new writer it will eventually meet a similar fate and its simply because minority solo books just dont resonate with readers who predominantly buy comics. how that wakanda agents book doing after 3 issues???

3. I happened to hop over to our BP family thread and let's just say we should be thankful its coates writing ororo and not other writers. some would strip her of the things that defined her way before the marriage was even a thing to promote what they believe her to be. with Coates at least he has respect for her mythos and has build upon it as opposed to the opposite.

ok.im done kysses

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    My goodness a lot of catch up reading to do. Will comment on those older/already addressed items later. With respect to GugganÂ’s interview (great for Kate & Emma fans) as it pertains to Storm, it felt like BS talk off to me. Very vague and general style responses when she came up. It felt like...planning as they go forward vs already having critical roles/plans for the Cyclops/Emma/Kitty consortium.

Hell we had Wolverine, Spiderman (even Storm at one point) popping up in so many books simultaneously that this whole “we need to coordinate our efforts for Storm’s role in other titles to tie in to some big alleged future plan” sounds like talk off...as in “we have no plan but maybe someday so keep buying/stay tuned...”

It begs the question - why she is consistently secondary for critical x-roles for the last 10 plus years? Cyclops, Magneto, Emma, & Kitty have been starting out from the gate as the shapers of the X-verse while we have to wait umpteen issues for some alleged big role for Storm...? I didnÂ’t walk away from the interview thinking sheÂ’s in good hands so....IÂ’ll go buy the receipts.
    you analysis of how the discussion went whenever storm was caught up was exactly my take away from the interview.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I know i am. I enjoy her in DOX and her place in it. Hoping it only gets better and it should. Marvel has NO excuse now especially since they own all rights again.
    I think Storms place in DoX is interesting. As a Marauder it makes sense for why she’d be with Kitty. I’m excited for Issue 4 and I’m excited to see this Storm/Iceman combo Duggan was talking about. Though I feel bad for any other mutants who have not made their debut yet in DoX.

So, really I’m happy. Marauders doesn’t read like a kitty book which is good, even Duggan said it himself. I think majority of the DoX books are pretty good.....except Fallen Angles. Not sure about that.

I think Storms place in DoX is interesting. As a Marauder it makes sense for why she’d be with Kitty. I’m excited for Issue 4 and I’m excited to see this Storm/Iceman combo Duggan was talking about. Though I feel bad for any other mutants who have not made their debut yet in DoX.

So, really I’m happy. Marauders doesn’t read like a kitty book which is good, even Duggan said it himself. I think majority of the DoX books are pretty good.....except Fallen Angles. Not sure about that.
    storm shouldnt need iceman for a combo....

where is rutog when you need him :/
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    storm shouldnt need iceman for a combo....

where is rutog when you need him :/
    Ugh..shut up shadykyss this is not a Dick measuring contest on who doesn’t need who. -_-

A Storm/Iceman combo is actually a cool concept. It’s called Teamwork Shadykyss something the X-Men have not done in awhile.

Ugh..shut up shadykyss this is not a Dick measuring contest on who doesn’t need who. -_-

A Storm/Iceman combo is actually a cool concept. It’s called Teamwork Shadykyss something the X-Men have not done in awhile.
    how would you do a storm/iceman combo???

they did a combo before in that book that I will not name lol

she even had you favorite storm accessory when she did it.