Page 595 of 662 FirstFirst ... 95495545585591592593594595596597598599605645 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,925 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    True. His current whereabouts though in Dawn of X is unknown.

What big pool to choose from? There arent that many evil telepaths that have it in for Storm. Really the only other one I could think of being used here is Nova who would kidnap Storm in order to lure Jean out for revenge.. In that event, Storm would still be secondary to the story and just a plot point to get Emma and Jean to team up SK at least has a personal tie unique to Storm
    I was talking about people from recent story from shadow king, not the evil telepaths.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Shadow king has recent story with Xavier, Betsy, Rogue, gambit, old man logan, I mean the whole last astonishing members.
    there is a big pool to choose
    Nobody has the history Farouk has with Ororo. But I’m not debating this with you further because I really don’t think you’re actually interested in this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Yeah, I’ve already made my post about why it makes perfect sense to use Storm here and why it’s not “propping,” so I’m not going to write it again. I also think making this story about a shared man would be a very bad mistake, lol
    Isn't that the root of their issue? Scott Summers?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Depends. For me is the jealousy that makes Emma screw over Jean

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    as marvell said, why couldnt it be a team up of ororo and Jean saving Emma OR Emma and Ororo saving emma??
    I’ve already discussed why that’s different. (Also, we have no idea if Ororo is possessed or mind controlled in this story.) YMMV. I’m looking forward to the book.

I think he'll spend more time looking into the minds of Jean and Emma.
    Wouldn't really make sense. I think Jean/Emma will be similar to when they did the silent issue of New Xmen in that they will be driving it, but Storm's mind will be the setting. Even if it's just background images, this issue will in the very least give us a peak at what Hickman thinks is inside Ororo's head. For me i am very interested in seeing that. I don't expect her to be the focal point but i do want to see what he thinks matters/is important to her and i'm sure we will see some of it here.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I was talking about people from recent story from shadow king, not the evil telepaths.
    Betsy and Xavier are the only ones there that would make sense to choose and I explained why it likely wouldnt be them. OML is dead and gone. Rogue and Gambit have weak ties to SK and not that strong to Jean or Emma. They are also off doing Otherworld stuff with Psylocke so are off the table

BANNED

It was in the past, which is why reducing the book to a catfight over past man issues would be a distinctly bad, sexist take.

I think its bc Storm isnt a telepath so it would be ineffecient to call on her to team up with another telepath for a telepathic rescue mission
    The story was made so Emma and Jean could team up. We can't frame other hipothetical story in the same way

The story was made so Emma and Jean could team up. We can't frame other hipothetical story in the same way
    Bingo! Throwing in other characters and scenarios that dont make sense for them devalues the purpose of this story

Bingo! Throwing in other characters and scenarios that dont make sense for them devalues the purpose of this story
    If we want Ororo and Jean to team up the enemy has to be another one

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    It was in the past, which is why reducing the book to a catfight over past man issues would be a distinctly bad, sexist take.
    It probably is a sexist take if he is on the issue or not

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

It depends on the villian. Considering Emma and Jean are teaming up, its likely due to a telepath and probably the biggest threat that isnt accounted for on Krakoa and has been MIA for years is Shadow King. SK has personal history with Storm that isnt there with Kitty, Cyclops or Logan. The only other three characters that would have made sense are Psylocke, Xavier and Karma. Psylocke and Karma are both preoccupied in other books and we dont even know if they will be on Earth when this happens and Xavier is currently dead and may not be resurrected by then. Besides they are all psychics so bringing in more psychics to help them is less impactful than the victim being a non-telepath. The three women here uniquely have a personal history. I dont like it either bc Im already not a fan of Hickman's Jean, but there's something to mine
    I'm sorry havok but that is bologna lol. karma and betsy are preoccupied in other books so SK coukdnt go after them? why not magneto or apocalypse or gambit or rogue or bishop? SK appeared recently in astonishing and ororo was not shown once in that title. he has shown interest in other mutants beyond ororo. it just seems that there is a constant theme within the xoffices to show her in a manner that plays to augmenting her weaknesses as opposed to reinforcing her strengths as established by Claremont. even in nightcrawler, ororo was eventually able to break free with the encouragement from nightcrawler. no telepath was needed.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

It probably is a sexist take if he is on the issue or not
    I don’t understand what this is trying to say. The whole point is that using Scott instead of Ororo would orient the entire book around two women bickering over a man. Not using Scott defuses that.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Wouldn't really make sense. I think Jean/Emma will be similar to when they did the silent issue of New Xmen in that they will be driving it, but Storm's mind will be the setting. Even if it's just background images, this issue will in the very least give us a peak at what Hickman thinks is inside Ororo's head. For me i am very interested in seeing that. I don't expect her to be the focal point but i do want to see what he thinks matters/is important to her and i'm sure we will see some of it here.
    I'm sure he'll look at some aspects of Storm but in a story where Jean and Emma have to work together it will be more about what's in their minds.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

So instead they choose the black women to be savedw
    talk about bad optics
    please speak the truth right now because I dont think anyone else is seeing this point

exactly and my question on top of this is why is there always a need to show ororo in subservient role needing saving or guidance from her white saviors?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!