Page 3 of 662 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I'm finally finishing up X-Treme and man, I forgot what it's like to read these characters as the veterans they are. Bishop and Storm especially man, it feels like I'm reading totally different characters.
    Xtreme Xmen Was really good.
    And yes its absolutely jarring to read anything classic to whats current. its like they're not even trying . it like they hired a bunch of screen writers to just keep pushing out issues.
    I don't know how any current X writer can claim to be a fan But write the way they do. I guess in reality they are just fans of their favorite and write the fanboynism around them.

Hire me MARVEL Ill Ghost write for you . you dont even have to pay me. My payment is the Xworld is in order again

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I don't understand if Storm has control of EM like Magneto how come she can just reverse his EM Shield to make it bust???
    She does have control over electromagnetic energy but from what I've seen, it's not the same level of Magneto

Attachment 75731
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed. And then writers and Marvel want to dismissively chalk it up to “argh hate” vs valid criticism of poor writing. Like the action taking place in the comic has no value as long as they think the story/plot is good. Since when were these elements mutually exclusive lol?

I mean is it that hard to find a writer/editors who actually reads the crap they submit for final printing? Storm has a whole atmosphere to work with. Hell if we’re going to stick with lightning/EM for everything then have her reverse the polarity on him roast him enough to be incapacitated. Or hurl a massive hailsone into his head at 200 mph. Or pop his eardrumbs via pressure manipulation. Or manipulate his internal pressure to to effect his bloodflow to the brain for a KO. Marvel standards are just so terribly low.
    do you see how many ideas you came up with so easily and without the incentive of being on marvel payroll? they simply dont care. storm hasnt been essential to the xmen since clarenont wrote her in xtreme. uim.hopeful things will change once marvel.finally does their thing with mutants but I'm not encouraged.

I'm finally finishing up X-Treme and man, I forgot what it's like to read these characters as the veterans they are. Bishop and Storm especially man, it feels like I'm reading totally different characters.
    please expound what differences have u observed.

I don’t think they control EM the same way but I think an attempt, even if unsuccessful, is worth it just a try to keep the action fresh. There combat scenes in X-Men, Extermination, Red (though the mega tidal wave was cool/creative), etc. just feels really stale. Like tey have to have action scenes because they have to, buut they don’t care about them because their story is “so good” readers won’t care :-/.....I want the whole enchilada.

Have NC tele-drop Blob from 10 miles up or tele-steal parts of OR’s armor or tentacles. Hit Magneto with a heatstroke.

I dunno. I just don’t see this team of seasoned X-men fighting like what they do actually matters since they do the same things over and over.
    agreed to all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    If their gonna make her Lightning Lass, at least allow her to be creative with the power like Electro.

Make a electro-magnetic force field, short-circuit someone nervous system, attract or repel objects with em fields and other tricks.

Give me something other then lightning bolt. Lightning bolt...and lightning bolt.
    hello??? I would actually be more forgiving if they actually took this approach

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    More variety in Storm's powers is a must. Besides lightning I want tornadoes and whirlwinds, heat and cold attacks, monsoon downpours and hailstorms, etc. Writers have been very lazy with her powers. And having her blast Magneto with lightning for the umpteenth time is just redundant. Storm, sweetie: It. Doesn't. Work.
    lolol. I think ororo in character knows this unfortunately she cant write herself :/

I don't understand if Storm has control of EM like Magneto how come she can just reverse his EM Shield to make it bust???
    I think his control over the em field would be greater than hers. though I don't believe he has ever manipulated the em unaided on a global scale as she has.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-01-2019 at 10:43 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

Happy new year!
    How to begin this year? With old french art covers of course!
    Attachment 75771
    Attachment 75772

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    please expound what differences have u observed.
    Just the fact that everyone contributed in their own way and felt like they had a purpose, they had their own missions and personalities. Maybe Bishop is good in Astonishing, but damn I remember he fact that he had a little story in the first issue of Uncanny but I don't remember him doing a damn thing, when compariitvly I was very impressed by one fight he had in Xtreme.

I was glad Storm was a leader like she should be but I feel like you could replace her with anyone else and it would give the same feeling. Power wise...in xtreme she would make a micro tornado, freezing rain, lightning and an emp in one issue, when she was lucky to attack with something other than lighting within multiple issues for the past 2 years.

BANNED

Has anyone read Uncanny X-Men Issue #8 yet???

What happened?

BANNED

She does have control over electromagnetic energy but from what I've seen, it's not the same level of Magneto

Attachment 75731
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

I think his control over the em field would be greater than hers. though I don't believe he has ever manipulated the em unaided on a global scale as she has.
    Wait a minute let me clarify. Magneto's Control over the EM Energy is in a sense greater than Storm's to a degree. That much we all know is true. However, with Storm feats over EM Energy I think Storm's control could rival his if not is closer to his.

I think if Storm tried to reverse his EM shield or have it implode on him would work. Storm has already made him strain himself(with Wind) make him strain himself with his own power. OF COURSE Yes, Magneto would put up a huge fight, but i'm confident he would struggle.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 01-02-2019 at 07:59 AM.

Has anyone read Uncanny X-Men Issue #8 yet???

What happened?
    Waiting to read the spoilers. I probably won’t be buying this issue either.

BANNED

I just read it. It was a lack luster for me.

Storm did nothing but Harm Magneto with Lighting to the point you can see his Skeleton. (As much as I want to believe that is possible....nothing, but CIS and PIS in this Book)

Storm did nothing but Harm Magneto with Lighting to the point you can see his Skeleton. (As much as I want to believe that is possible....nothing, but CIS and PIS in this Book)
    Thank you. Gonna keep my money in my pocket then.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Not surprised. If Storm did half the **** that was described in this post:

Agreed. And then writers and Marvel want to dismissively chalk it up to “argh hate” vs valid criticism of poor writing. Like the action taking place in the comic has no value as long as they think the story/plot is good. Since when were these elements mutually exclusive lol?

I mean is it that hard to find a writer/editors who actually reads the crap they submit for final printing? Storm has a whole atmosphere to work with. Hell if we’re going to stick with lightning/EM for everything then have her reverse the polarity on him roast him enough to be incapacitated. Or hurl a massive hailsone into his head at 200 mph. Or pop his eardrumbs via pressure manipulation. Or manipulate his internal pressure to to effect his bloodflow to the brain for a KO. Marvel standards are just so terribly low.
    **** would've probably ended. So PIS it is. ETA: But thinking about it. She's probably holding back since he's under telepathic control.
    Last edited by Jalysia; 01-02-2019 at 02:34 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Not surprised. If Storm did half the **** that was described in this post:

**** would've probably ended. So PIS it is. ETA: But thinking about it. She's probably holding back since he's under telepathic control.
    PIS makes Stories SO BORING!!!! (IMO)

Thank you. Gonna keep my money in my pocket then.
    No Problem. Keep ya money. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Happy new year!
    How to begin this year? With old french art covers of course!
    Attachment 75771
    Attachment 75772
    happy new year to you as well and thank you for sharing the nice covers!!

Just the fact that everyone contributed in their own way and felt like they had a purpose, they had their own missions and personalities. Maybe Bishop is good in Astonishing, but damn I remember he fact that he had a little story in the first issue of Uncanny but I don't remember him doing a damn thing, when compariitvly I was very impressed by one fight he had in Xtreme.

I was glad Storm was a leader like she should be but I feel like you could replace her with anyone else and it would give the same feeling. Power wise...in xtreme she would make a micro tornado, freezing rain, lightning and an emp in one issue, when she was lucky to attack with something other than lighting within multiple issues for the past 2 years.
    thank you for this detailed explanation. I think the xoffices editors have done not only a disservice to her but at the franchise as a whole. when you go back and read xtreme (which I havent done yet) as well as Claremont uncanny you are quickly reminded of just how deficient these newer stories are.

Wait a minute let me clarify. Magneto's Control over the EM Energy is in a sense greater than Storm's to a degree. That much we all know is true. However, with Storm feats over EM Energy I think Storm's control could rival his if not is closer to his.

I think if Storm tried to reverse his EM shield or have it implode on him would work. Storm has already made him strain himself(with Wind) make him strain himself with his own power. OF COURSE Yes, Magneto would put up a huge fight, but i'm confident he would struggle.
    no I agree here. I would like to see her attempt to gain control of the em field hr used agaisnt her.

one and simple word for the spoilers today:

TRASH
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

need to retract my trash comment. I still didnt like the issue but it appears ororo FINALLY took magneto out with her lightning well done.... well done.

BANNED

Storm sounded so out of character in today’s issue hell everyone sounded corny and I’m not surprised Storm used just her lightning and the **** didn’t even look cool it looked like some glowing earthworms wiggling all over the damn place