Page 547 of 662 FirstFirst ... 47447497537543544545546547548549550551557597647 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Sad people even have to say this. Angela Bassett should have been cast as the first Storm. Honestly if she weren’t playing Ramonds she looks good enough to still do it.

But yes find a good dark skinned actress to play Storm. It’s colorism to the extreme if Black roles always have to be filled by biracial people.
    we are going to get our chocolate storm goddess soon so dont you worry boo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    He's a good writer but i just can't get past how he treats black male characters. Even in his Captain America run i remember rolling by eyes at the men holding a knife to the woman's throat in brooklyn. He should have stayed subtle, now i can't unsee.
    I can't believe i'm saying this, but Black Panther seemed cooler in Captain America than he is in his own book. *HURRP* Almost threw up.

Anyway, fingers crossed he does something cool with Storm in the next issue. I'll give it at least 3 more issues and if Storm is still boring then i'm going to give up on Coates.......

lmao she visited harlem in claremont run, that was her father's community. coates did not add anything to connect storm to her father's family. but i can't today, i just can't debate with made up narratives it's been a long day. coates didn't have one of her father family members show up despite hudlin showing us they are still alive.
    she visited her father's old abandoned apartment taken over by thugs and drug dealers all while being gawked at for looking "different". how does that even compare to the narrative of her connecting to not only her father's city but the community as written in bp&c? please explain I will wait .
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she visited her father's old abandoned apartment taken over by thugs and drug dealers all while being gawked at for looking "different". how does that even compare to the narrative r of her connecting to not only her father's city but the community? please explain I will wait .
    you'll be waiting forever. I already said all i'm going to say on it.

But onto better news.

Yay Marauders made the top 10 being out only a week in october.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

EH, No surprise there. That book sold out....

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    EH, No surprise there. That book sold out....
    Still great to see. Makes me happy. They could have under ordered it and it sold out but this indicates they didn't.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Still great to see. Makes me happy. They could have under ordered it and it sold out but this indicates they didn't.
    It's good to see the X-Men coming back to their former Glory.....

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It's good to see the X-Men coming back to their former Glory.....
    very much so. Its amazing to think how much money was being left on the table because of the controversy over rights. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

But onto better news.

I know because everything you have been saying is false and not based in anything factual.

I know because everything you have been saying is false and not based in anything factual.
    okay so your going to be petty and keep going? if it makes you feel better have at it, you can't bait me but nice try.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

okay so your going to be petty and keep going? if it makes you feel better have it, you can't bait me but nice try.
    nope not being petty. you said I was trying to credit Coates with something hudlin did, which was wrong. then when I fact checked you there you then said Claremont did it first. you just forgot to mention how he also subtly tried to distinguish her from the regular looking black folks who lived in harlem while also attributing a historical black community with druggies and thugs. but yes Claremont did it first lol
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-08-2019 at 05:35 PM.

But onto better news.

now this is being petty. when coates book debuted they both were at number one. the fact maurauders was at number 10 after being double shipped means this book would be lucky to have numbers above 30k by issue 12.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-08-2019 at 05:36 PM.

BANNED

lmao she visited harlem in claremont run, that was her father's community. coates did not add anything to connect storm to her father's family. but i can't today, i just can't debate with made up narratives it's been a long day. coates didn't have one of her father family members show up despite hudlin showing us they are still alive.
    I'll add my small tid bit.

Your actually correct. If ANYTHING it started off with Chris Claremont in Uncanny X-Men #122. Storm remembers tales of her Father telling her how "Magical" Harlem was filled with life and jazz music. But she finds out that Harlem is a sad poor place. After her ordeal with the drug dealers and Luke Cage and Misty Knight coming to her aid.

Storm actually wanted to help the people of Harlem, but Luke Cage stopped her and said "We are Superheroes, Ororo, not God. We can save Humanity from Dr. Doom or Galactus, but not from itself"
    If we are talking about the narrative of Storm visiting or knowing or wanting to help with the Community of Harlem??.......It started here in UXM #122. Simple.

Huddlin and Coates just added to it is all......

very much so. Its amazing to think how much money was being left on the table because of the controversy over rights. lol
    Yeah, that's pretty interesting.....

3. I'm surprised that you put 2-4 above apocalypse. why is this? Ioved you analysis too by the way.
    No major reasons. Part of it is the omega status. Part of it is taking away the team villain plot armor and seeing Jean was able to challenge him solo. he’d have a vulnerability to Magneto, and if we factor in the more deadly applications of their powers (like they are applying to Kurt) then all 3 have a chance to beat him. It’s such a toss up too because so many have human durability/are quite vulnerable despite the high power levels, so its anyones game given the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    Lots of good conversation since my last visit.
    Fair points. If Apocalypse should be #1 why isn’t he? I think he could take Exodus, even as an alpha level mutant. And why is 2 - 4 a toss up?
    I just found Exodus more impressive and has a better power set IMO but I can see Apoc beating almost everyone on Krakoa. With Exodus we have his high end with Blood Ties where he dominates the X-Men and Avengers but then we have Messiah Complex where Emma stalemated him in TP on her own and he couldn’t even sense Dust shredding up his insides (and I think Charles checked him in Legacy too). I’m curious to see where the X-books will go with the omegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    No major reasons. Part of it is the omega status. Part of it is taking away the team villain plot armor and seeing Jean was able to challenge him solo. he’d have a vulnerability to Magneto, and if we factor in the more deadly applications of their powers (like they are applying to Kurt) then all 3 have a chance to beat him. It’s such a toss up too because so many have human durability/are quite vulnerable despite the high power levels, so its anyones game given the circumstances.

I just found Exodus more impressive and has a better power set IMO but I can see Apoc beating almost everyone on Krakoa. With Exodus we have his high end with Blood Ties where he dominates the X-Men and Avengers but then we have Messiah Complex where Emma stalemated him in TP on her own and he couldn’t even sense Dust shredding up his insides (and I think Charles checked him in Legacy too). I’m curious to see where the X-books will go with the omegas.
    that's fair! I love your ability to be objective! this and you being one of the most knowledgable and objective storm fans I know is why I love you so much!!