Page 371 of 662 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381421471 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,565 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking some of us went instantly to Ororo vs BP, which doesn't have to be the case. I hope that won't be the case, although it would make sense for them to have a conversation. However, the list could've signaled less of a potential issue with Ororo/Kenya/Wakanda/BP and more with Ororo and the X-Men. Again, if the list plays out in any way whatsoever with Ororo's character.
    agreed and I pray to the hadari yao you are right. I would hate this was all done again for them to break up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Another thing I've been thinking about is the wording used in the file. Its says "WK doesnt need Mutant drugs". Seems like a harsh way of putting it.

Also I'll need to see WK providing access to drugs of equal value to its protectorates. Which is a new concept for me.
    when you put it that way it does seem like the perceived animus they have towards mutants are still there. which is unfortunate considering everything that has transpired in BP.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I also would like to know what type of Drugs does Wakanda have to neglect the Drugs Krakoa has??? How do we know it's better? What are these drugs???
    well keep in mind they have the cure to cancer and who knows what else. they simply didnt offer them anything they saw as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Throughout Marvel history they've always put forward an isolationist/independent stance...bending the rules only rarely. They turning down Krakoa's offer is well within their established purview.
    And I think...written well, both Storm and T'Challa could/should be very understanding of each other's positions and decisions within their chosen societies.
    Sure, their response came across as arrogant but that's always been Wakanda...at least the Wakanda I knew before Coates' arrival...but I see no intention of animousity or aggression, given their established history with the X-Men.
    Also, Wakanda is usually of the mindset "Don't start none, there won't be none."
    I agree with this excluding the Coates part. but everything else is spot on.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm "brings the rain"

Okay okay so I don't know but I did like seeing her command the audience...to lead...and not follow...to know anything we might not know...or anybody for that matter...that loneliness but that...leadership.

I see an unpaneled backstage from HOXPOX of Storm, holding her headdress in her hands, shaking out her hair, walking past Xavier as he's taking off his cerebro helmet...not even glancing at him as he looks up freightened to see her pass...and closing some door behind her...to wherever she goes.
    Last edited by sungila; 09-20-2019 at 11:45 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

well keep in mind they have the cure to cancer and who knows what else. they simply didnt offer them anything they saw as needed.
    The Cure for cancer while that is amazing. But is that ALL they have? I mean that's pretty much on par with what the Mutants where offering:
    -Extending the Human life span by 5years
    -An Adaptive Drug
    -Cures Mental Illness
    I'm sure Wakanda has some amazing drugs. But what are they and are they better? So, i'd like to know do they have that's better? Because IF they don't why deny it.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-20-2019 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Storm "brings the rain"

Okay okay so I don't know but I did like seeing her command the audience...to lead...and not follow...to know anything we might not know...or anybody for that matter...that loneliness but that...leadership.

I see an unpaneled backstage from HOXPOX of Storm, holding her headdress in her hands, shaking out her hair, walking past Xavier as he's taking off his cerebro helmet...not even glancing at him as he looks up freightened to see her pass...and closing some door behind her...to wherever she goes.
    yes it was good to see her in a leadership role again. I like your off panel descriptio too lol

The Cure for cancer while that is amazing. But is that ALL they have? I mean that's pretty much on par with what the Mutants where offering:
    -An Adaptive Drug
    -Cures Mental Illness
    I'm sure Wakanda has some amazing drugs. But what are they and are they better? So, i'd like to know do they have that's better? Because IF they don't why deny it.
    well lets dissect this a little more. how many people's lives would have extended well beyond 5 years had they had access to a cure for cancer? children at st. jude hospital or adults who have to say an early goodbye to family because the cancer has progressed to a point it cant be corrected. the pain a person has to endure due to chemotherapy. all of that would be avoided. if wakanda was able to do that there is no telling what other wonders are withing its nation. so I think considering the nation response was an appropriate one.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

well lets dissect this a little more. how many people's lives would have extended well beyond 5 years had they had access to a cure for cancer? children at st. jude hospital or adults who have to say an early goodbye to family because the cancer has progressed to a point it cant be corrected. the pain a person has to endure due to chemotherapy. all of that would be avoided. if wakanda was able to do that there is no telling what other wonders are withing its nation. so I think considering the nation response was an appropriate one.
    But that's just 1 Drug. What else do they have???
    For a moment let's put aside the people who do have cancer. I'm sure many people would jump at the opportunity to have their lives extended up to 5 years. People who's parents are old and on their death bed would jump at this opportunity if they can be with their loved ones for 5 years more. While developing the cure for Cancer is absolutely great it just seems like that's all they got. Yes, they are an extremely advance Civilization that I won't deny, but if all they have is JUST the cure for Cancer??? Uh....what have they been doing for the past couple of decades?
    So, i'd like to know what else does Wakanda have. I hope someone can go back and surf through Black Panther Cannon to find what other drugs Wakanda has come up with other than the Cure for Cancer.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-20-2019 at 02:05 PM.

So I was debating on should I do this or not as it created a contested and hostile debate on CV but I think we can have a more sensible debate here as I've not experienced any egomaniacal storm fans here. lol that said I have a question and want to hear your thoughts:

First we define what is absolute temperature:

Thermodynamic temperature is defined by the third law of thermodynamics in which the theoretically lowest temperature is the null or zero point, ie the point of absolute zero.

Now the next question is has Ororo ever created the "lowest possible temperature" anywhere in canon? The answer would be yes and it occured early on in her career as an xman:

In an effort to save a young kitty from being burned to death by lava Ororo had to react drastically and wiickin to save her and the team's lives. So based upon this do you think this is an instance where she could have or did make absolute degree temperature?

But that's just 1 Drug. What else do they have???
    For a moment let's put aside the people who do have cancer. I'm sure many people would jump at the opportunity to have their lives extended up to 5 years. People who's old and on their death bed would jump at this opportunity if they can be with their loved ones for 5 years more. While developing the cure for Cancer is absolutely great it just seems like that's all they got.....
    Unless someone can go back surf through Black Panther Cannon to find what other drugs Wakanda has come up with other than the Cure for Cancer.
    I'm not sure there is anything else they have developed because it was just revealed to us that wakanda refused krakoa offer. however, in the future it may be explored the other areas in medicine that waksnda has achieved that would make such an offer unnecessary to accept.

BANNED

I'm not sure there is anything else they have developed because it was just revealed to us that wakanda refused krakoa offer. however, in the future it may be explored the other areas in medicine that waksnda has achieved that would make such an offer unnecessary to accept.
    I'm sure it makes sense to Wakanda. But as a reader if all wakanda has is 1 drug and Krakoa is willing to give 3 drugs that are just as good or better? I now want to know what Wakanda has that's better for them to refuse such a good offer.

But whatever we shall see.....

I'm sure it makes sense to Wakanda. But as a reader if all wakanda has is 1 drug and Krakoa is willing to give 3 drugs that are just as good or better? I now want to know what Wakanda has that's better for them to refuse such a good offer.

But whatever we shall see.....
    And not to mention the wording. "We don't need mutant drugs." as someone else said. But we don't even get a view from the countries they are protecting which says to me they may have wanted it and listed they couldn't because they have a treaty with Wakanda. Which could cause conflict among the countries themselves. That reads very interesting to me because everyone else gave a reason be it ideological or political. Wakanda seems to have spoken for the other African countries.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Not gonna lie. I just want one panel of Storm with her hair let down. Just one
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And not to mention the wording. "We don't need mutant drugs." as someone else said. But we don't even get a view from the countries they are protecting which says to me they may have wanted it and listed they couldn't because they have a treaty with Wakanda. Which could cause conflict among the countries themselves. That reads very interesting to me because everyone else gave a reason be it ideological or political. Wakanda seems to have spoken for the other African countries.
    I just want to know what they got that's better that's all.......

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

-An Adaptive Drug
    -Cures Mental Illness
    As their history has shown...they have the power and capital and resources to create their own super-whatevers. Drugs, Technologies, Education, Food, Space Travel/Exploration etc...they;ve ever had to rely on any other country or nation to exist, to thrive.
    Their independence and resulting 'arrogance' is well founded.
    Actually, Wakandans and Wakanda could be seen as the first 'Krakoan template' in terms of how they've isolated and developed as a nation and a people.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-20-2019 at 02:40 PM.

I just want to know what they got that's better that's all.......
    I want to know too. the only thing i can think is an army so they have protection. I don't think Xavier is offering physical protection right now. But what happens when its the goddess vs. the state. People worship Storm there. I need so much more info.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

As their history has shown...they have the power and capital and resources to create their own super-whatevers. Drugs, Technologies, Education, Food, Space Travel/Exploration etc...they;ve ever had to rely on any other country or nation to exist, to thrive.
    Actually, Wakandans and Wakanda could be seen as the first 'Krakoan template' in terms of how they've isolated and developed as a nation and a people.
    Can you give me a list of Drugs though????
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-20-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Their independence and resulting 'arrogance' is well founded.
    Also you still need the resource to make something. Wakanda's primary resource is vibranium. The mutants primary resource is karoka seeds. One is finite and the other is not as far as we know, karoka can keep growing and as new buds bloom potentially new drugs can be made. What resource does Tchalla use that we are suppose to believe the likes of Val and Reed and no one else in the marvel universe can recreate what they offer in wakanda. Short of stealing a chunk of karoka and it's sentient so that may be hard, mutant drugs can't be reproduced by other countries. Leads me to believe it's military assistance that they are primarily offering.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.