Page 57 of 662 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157557 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    right?!?! but to be fair at least they had the age of xman storm go completely bald. but I would agree if this isnt blue bloodstorm it would certainly be played all the way out.
    Give me a reality with Bantu knots or something. The have the opportunity to give these characters almost any design they want in AU's and they use the Mohawk.... again!

I'm tired of the Mohawk. Let it die.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Give me a reality with Bantu knots or something. The have the opportunity to give these characters almost any design they want in AU's and they use the Mohawk.... again!

They can’t it’s too iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    They can’t it’s too iconic.
    They overused it to the point where it's no longer interesting to me. It used to be a visual representation of her development, but it's been used too much for no reason.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

They overused it to the point where it's no longer interesting to me. It used to be a visual representation of her development, but it's been used too much for no reason.
    I'm going to have to agree here. when she first when punk it was fueled by the changes she was experiencing after killing a brood, returning to earth to find her communion with the earth, being angry with Xavier for deciding to become an xman, and then of course "killing" callisto. she was going through so many earth-shattering changes internally that a drastic change externally made the most sense. It all had purpose. Now whenever it's used its feok the perspective of creating nostalgia or looking cool, which for me at least it does none of that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

https://culturess.com/2019/02/21/mar...torm-together/

The question is does Black Panther and Storm need to be together. The author's answer is that Ororo should be allowed to be Ororo. Unfortunately I dont think the author is aware that before they were married they were childhood friends. Therefore, even if you somehow keep Ororos interactions with Tchalla purely platonic their mythos' are still very much intertwined.

So I'm gonna disagree with the premise of the article based upon this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

what is it about the au versions of her that interest you? for me since it's not from the main continuity even if they are badass I just cant get into it.
    I just like their backstories and I like seeing the different interpretations of Storm. They certainly are nowhere near as interesting as her 616 main continuity version, but every now and then I find a few that I like: HoM Storm was interesting. Her Marvel Manga-verse counterpart was fun too.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

1. The FAQs addressed your first question and actually addresses much of the points your presented. It was mentioned if anything is missing from the number of issues featured those missing would include small cameos or background appearances where the character does not even talk.

I'm not sure you could make the argument that just because she has meaningful appearances she isnt still a token. I mean look at Tchalla in Avengers. He is a token despite having a significant role. Same would apply to Ororo where her significance would vary depending on the time period and writer.

And time will tell with regards to any movie. After the fox-disney deal is finalized If Ororo becomes the first black female to get a solo movie I would imagine it would be to black girls what Wonder Woman was for young girls generally. It could be immensely huge if it is done correctly. However, we dont have to look to speculation to know she is immensely popular. She has had theme park rides devoted to her, featured in award-nominated cartoons, toys, games, and movies. Her not having a solo film doesnt diminish this fact but is a testament to her popularity that in a medium with so many characters she is as popular as she is. And this will only be augmented after the marvel deal is complete.

thank you for voting. and seems like we are on the same page with how overrated Logan is.

ok that makes sense. I think it is definitely impressive that for her to have been around not nearly as long as some of the other characters she has appeared in as many books as she has. I think it is demonstrative that whether her appearance is viewed as important or not her being present is perceived as being essential to the story.

Yeah, why is Storm in so many comics, and why aren't they making her have influential decisions compared to the other characters???

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    These AU Storm's are somewhat interesting but I want 616 Storm be front and center. If this is the same Bloodstorm from X-men: Blue then it will be interesting to see how she feels now that the O5 X-men are gone.
    And if it is her, along with an adult Scott being back and having TeenScoot's memories--interesting indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Yeah, why is Storm in so many comics, and why aren't they making her have influential decisions compared to the other characters???
    I have my theories but i primarily believe that it has to do with he being a black female character. After Claremont left there seem to be a purposeful effort to push her far to the background and limit her to only being an Xman. I can never forget what Forge told her before he broke off his engagement to her:

This is what she has always been, just an Xman. In fact many of the other character when discussed are referenced by their actual name while Ororo is generally referenced as Storm. A bigger example of this is when Professor Xavier tells Logan in DoFP to find Jean, Scott, and Storm. In a medium filled with white characters written by white males it should not be a surprised that being an Xman is all she will ever be. That is until we got black writers who saw to elevate her beyond just making her an Xman. Hudlin made her queen, Harvey made her connection to Harlem go deeper than just her father being from there, Coates made Ororo a goddess worshipped by the most advanced nation in the Marvel Universe. It was these black writers that wanted to make her more than just an Xman and going beyond the status quo. I personally dont see her influence changing unless the xoffices become more diverse or she is allowed to be written on other books such as Shuri and Black Panther. I hate to think what would be of Ororo if Coates had not taken an interest in the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    And if it is her, along with an adult Scott being back and having TeenScoot's memories--interesting indeed.
    gurl jalysia!!! I think you was right about that being an AU storm. I'll never doubt you again lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I just like their backstories and I like seeing the different interpretations of Storm. They certainly are nowhere near as interesting as her 616 main continuity version, but every now and then I find a few that I like: HoM Storm was interesting. Her Marvel Manga-verse counterpart was fun too.
    I never read HoM not her manga-verse counterpart. Any images of that one?

https://culturess.com/2019/02/21/mar...torm-together/

The question is does Black Panther and Storm need to be together. The author's answer is that Ororo should be allowed to be Ororo. Unfortunately I dont think the author is aware that before they were married they were childhood friends. Therefore, even if you somehow keep Ororos interactions with Tchalla purely platonic their mythos' are still very much intertwined.

So I'm gonna disagree with the premise of the article based upon this.
    Honestly it doesn't matter to me whether she's with T'Challa or not when she comes to the MCU. I'm really more concerned with them finding the right actress and having the right story for her and not pushing her in the background for other characters. If she does end up with him hopefully the story make sense, but they don't even have to be romantically involved. Like you said, they have history together.

It's like that in the comics for me as well. I like seeing her interact with others outside the X-Verse, whether in the X-Men book or another. Seeing her working with Natasha in her book, War Machine, Stark, etc interests me. For all the main X-Men right now, I feel staying solely in the X-Verse stifles them.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Honestly it doesn't matter to me whether she's with T'Challa or not when she comes to the MCU. I'm really more concerned with them finding the right actress and having the right story for her and not pushing her in the background for other characters. If she does end up with him hopefully the story make sense, but they don't even have to be romantically involved. Like you said, they have history together.

It's like that in the comics for me as well. I like seeing her interact with others outside the X-Verse, whether in the X-Men book or another. Seeing her working with Natasha in her book, War Machine, Stark, etc interests me. For all the main X-Men right now, I feel staying solely in the X-Verse stifles them.
    I agree with all of this especially the part about staying solely in the xbooks. I mentioned earlier that I couldnt imagine what would be going on with her if coates had not shown an interest in her. well actually I can and it would not be anything good.

I agree with all of this especially the part about staying solely in the xbooks. I mentioned earlier that I couldnt imagine what would be going on with her if coates had not shown an interest in her. well actually I can and it would not be anything good.
    Exactly. That scan of what Forge was saying to her spoke volumes to me. She's so much more than just an X-Man but she can't get past "being an X-Man." This woman has so much potential but the writers have no idea what to do with her, or don't care to do anything with her. I like that she's in Shuri's book as it helps get her exposure to a wider audience but she's not really doing anything. She's just....there. This last issue I was more interested in Shuri and Stark and their damn equations lol.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Exactly. That scan of what Forge was saying to her spoke volumes to me. She's so much more than just an X-Man but she can't get past "being an X-Man." This woman has so much potential but the writers have no idea what to do with her, or don't care to do anything with her. I like that she's in Shuri's book as it helps get her exposure to a wider audience but she's not really doing anything. She's just....there. This last issue I was more interested in Shuri and Stark and their damn equations lol.
    lolol no you didnt say you was more interested in their equations lolol I'm dead.

as much as I hated how forge treated her, what he said represents how she is treated by the xoffices. She is treated as just an Xman. Either as a surrogate mother to the xkids, or as one of the xmen friends, or as leader of the xmen but very rarely does her relationships extend beyond the xmen or anything related to being a mutant. As you said there is so much there that has been unexplored it just takes a writer or writers having the interest in her. Her magical potential, her family lineage (both maternal royalty and father's side), her untapped mutant abilities, her being a black woman in America and the world, etc. Just look at the push she has been getting by the writers in the BP mythos. She was in Black Panther and the Crew, World of Wakanda, Shuri, Black Panther, Rise of the Panther and in ways that was meaningful and impactful to those stories. Unfortunately this may not last forever. We need the xoffices to take a more active interest in her or let her be utilized more outside their books.

lolol no you didnt say you was more interested in their equations lolol I'm dead.

as much as I hated how forge treated her, what he said represents how she is treated by the xoffices. She is treated as just an Xman. Either as a surrogate mother to the xkids, or as one of the xmen friends, or as leader of the xmen but very rarely does her relationships extend beyond the xmen or anything related to being a mutant. As you said there is so much there that has been unexplored it just takes a writer or writers having the interest in her. Her magical potential, her family lineage (both maternal royalty and father's side), her untapped mutant abilities, her being a black woman in America and the world, etc. Just look at the push she has been getting by the writers in the BP mythos. She was in Black Panther and the Crew, World of Wakanda, Shuri, Black Panther, Rise of the Panther and in ways that was meaningful and impactful to those stories. Unfortunately this may not last forever. We need the xoffices to take a more active interest in her or let her be utilized more outside their books.
    I just re-read Black Panther and the Crew a few weeks ago and was left hanging. It was obvious there was supposed to be more but it got cut off. Would be nice to see that resurrected.

Bantu knot Storm sounds awesome