Page 637 of 662 FirstFirst ... 137537587627633634635636637638639640641647 ... LastLast
Results 9,541 to 9,555 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed. And nah Cyclops nor Emma would not be placed a secondary to Kitty.

I honestly wouldn’t have them “synergize” in the way some are suggesting because I think it would be regressive to both characters. These are both omega level mutants. Show us what that means. Bobby can manipulate massive amounts of water, achieve absolute zero, create golems, manipulate heat exchange, etc. If Duggan goes this route I would hope he highlights how their powers differ vs overlap. Like have Bobby dive into ocean become a massive ice golem or become a massive freezing tidal wave while Storm manipulates the water to create a massive whirlpool to pound a fleet and then flash-freeze the pool with ice spikes coming out that stabs through the hulls and strands the fleet in place. Or Storm super heats the water and air to bathe targets in scalding steam.Or have Bobby turn into mist and just beats the **** out of a bunch a goons with ice fists popping out of the mist randomly (his conciousness and fine control being every where at the same time). I think there is a lot they can do with just their temperature and water manipulation alone, and I think letting them attack in their own way simultaneously as omega elemental bad asses but in their own/non-typical way is the better way to go.
    exactly. the fact that an ex-villain with a gray past turned hero gets more respect than ororo should be telling.

now this I would like. show how their use of their abilities differ in its application versus overlap them as it wouldnt lowball either of their powers just as you mentioned.

I would love her creating ice spikes of ice tornadoes with ice spikes. Im.really wondering how they plan to showcase their omega abilities. I'm curious to see what they believe she can do.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Okay, I want to call bullsh!t on a few things here. Blaming Hudlin, Coates(yes, I'm one of his biggest detractors I know) or any other writer for the X-offices failure to use Storm or give her a greater role in leading not just the X-Men but mutants in general is just a load of crap. It's the responsibility of the X-editors/writers to use these characters in meaningful ways. To say you can't do anything with Storm because she's in Black Panther is just a cop out and not living up to your "profession" as a writer.

During Schism, the X-office had the perfect opportunity to use Storm as the opposing view to Scott's world view? Nope, they used Logan instead. Of all of Xaviers' students, Storm was the one who preached his ideals the most but they chose to go another direction, no problem. Storm wasn't married at the time so that's no excuse.

Coates has used Storm during his BP run and that's great. How he has used her is the issue. He's fleshed out some aspects but will any of his developments carry over into a book that he's not writing? That remains to be seen and given the track record of the X-office, I'm skeptical.
    agreed 100%! they own the property. if wolverine can do it there shouldnt be any excuse for Storm. .

this post has nothing but facts laid out in a clear and irrefutable manner. storm not included in the current maurauders or even past xbooks, including during her marriage is because the xoffices don't/didnt to use her.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-11-2019 at 01:16 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Okay, I want to call bullsh!t on a few things here. Blaming Hudlin, Coates(yes, I'm one of his biggest detractors I know) or any other writer for the X-offices failure to use Storm or give her a greater role in leading not just the X-Men but mutants in general is just a load of crap. It's the responsibility of the X-editors/writers to use these characters in meaningful ways. To say you can't do anything with Storm because she's in Black Panther is just a cop out and not living up to your "profession" as a writer.

During Schism, the X-office had the perfect opportunity to use Storm as the opposing view to Scott's world view? Nope, they used Logan instead. Of all of Xaviers' students, Storm was the one who preached his ideals the most but they chose to go another direction, no problem. Storm wasn't married at the time so that's no excuse.

Coates has used Storm during his BP run and that's great. How he has used her is the issue. He's fleshed out some aspects but will any of his developments carry over into a book that he's not writing? That remains to be seen and given the track record of the X-office, I'm skeptical.
    Yeah, that was one of the biggest missteps to me. Scott's story from M-Day onward was a larger scale rehash of Ororo's Mutant Massacre/Outback storyline. How difficult would it been to have a story paralleling these two incidents, which could have led to possible conflict between the two? Ororo spent years as X-Men leader, just as Scott. But the writers at the time used Logan because it would've been KEWL and not that it makes narrative sense. Yes Scott and Logan are rivals, and they both had Jean in common, but Logan never stood alongside Scott as X-Men Leader. Storm has.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Yeah, that was one of the biggest missteps to me. Scott's story from M-Day onward was a larger scale rehash of Ororo's Mutant Massacre/Outback storyline. How difficult would it been to have a story paralleling these two incidents, which could have led to possible conflict between the two? Ororo spent years as X-Men leader, just as Scott. But the writers at the time used Logan because it would've been KEWL and not that it makes narrative sense. Yes Scott and Logan are rivals, and they both had Jean in common, but Logan never stood alongside Scott as X-Men Leader. Storm has.

Agreed. Everybody knew it too which is why Aaron had her conveniently in China negotiating the deescalation of their Sentinel program during the critical part of the story.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    The only time the X-office had an excuse was during the marriage, when Storm was forcibly removed from their control and they were given limited access to her.

Otherwise, they’ve just chosen to de-prioritize her and allow writers to treat her as ineffectual so characters like Cyclops, Logan, and Kitty can shine. I do appreciate that they now seem genuinely interested in giving Coates space to do his thing, but they shouldn’t let that stop them from making her central to Krakoa.
    Oh, I agree.
    Personally, I think he should be the one taking cues from HiX-Man and Duggan seeing as how she's decidedly Krakoan.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

As a Storm Fan Storm should have been in Logan place in Schism. So Ture. Shes The only One who's been championing Xavier Dreams of Co-Existing . It was the perfect time to reestablish her role within the franchise and as leader... But i guess siding with Scott was good enough

Only time will tell if storm was forcdibly removed once what's to say it would happen again once you had her deep in a story and the higher ups wanted to give it another go. In the next few months to a year we will definitely know what's up and what's not especially with full rights and new leadership at the helm.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Sounds amazing. A Storm with her own agenda/vision/manifesto is long overdue. Writers seen stuck in the loop of Storm getting the **** dumped in her lap when the other leaders are off the board. It’s always a reactive take. I’m ready for a proactive Storm who tells these old white dudes to get onboard or go **** themselves.
    I attribute this to the "mothering" effect.

The recent discussion in this thread about writers' tendency to give Storm the "mother hen" persona has been detrimental to her imo. In their eyes, Storm is there as the neutral character, no too far one side, not too far the other and she's always there to give that motherly advice even though no one listens or even wants it.

That has done nothing for her growth or development over the past decade or so.

What happened to Mohawk Storm? Outback Storm? X-Treme Storm?

She has been turned into a safe, reliable character, like a pair of worn, comfortable shoes. Basically they made her dull. She doesn't have an edge anymore.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 12-11-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Oh, I agree.
    Personally, I think he should be the one taking cues from HiX-Man and Duggan seeing as how she's decidedly Krakoan
    I don't see why they just can't work together to map out what they have planned for her. Just talk to each other and say "Hey, this is what I'm planning for Storm, let's coordinate so we're all on the same page." Why is this so impossible to do is beyond me.

But it won't matter. Once Coates is done with BP(soon!), she'll be back exclusive to the X-verse for what it's worth.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 12-11-2019 at 03:31 PM.

I attribute this to the "mothering" effect.

The recent discussion in this thread about writers' tendency to give Storm the "mother hen" persona has been detrimental to her imo. In their eyes, Storm is there as the neutral character, no too far one side, not too far the other and she's always there to give that motherly advice even though no one listens or even wants it.

That has done nothing for her growth or development over the past decade or so.

What happened to Mohawk Storm? Outback Storm? X-Treme Storm?

She has been turned into a safe, reliable character, like a pair of worn, comfortable shoes. Basically they made her dull. She doesn't have an edge anymore.
    and they call me shady lololol. "no one listens or even wants it." I'm dead.

you can blame Scott lobdell and editorial the mammie/mother hen storm we always seem to get. Ororo was at her best right before the 90s reset where she went from a badass bish that didnt mind cutting a bish to the hypocrite she came across as when she gave cable a hard time about going after their enemies offensively.

the xoffices have basically neutered her.

I don't see why they just can't work together to map out what they have planned for her. Just talk to each other and say "Hey, this is what I'm planning for Storm, let's coordinate so we're all on the same page." Why is this so impossible to do is beyond me.

But it won't matter. Once Coates is done with BP(soon!), she'll be back exclusive to the X-verse for what it's worth.
    Oh Happy Day, Goddess willing!
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Oh Happy Day, Goddess willing!
    LOL I thought you were about to sing Oh Happy Day LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    LOL I thought you were about to sing Oh Happy Day LOL.
    I will be singing it, indeed...on that glorious day.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I'll ask again why can't Storm appear in both X-men and BP yet there's no issue with her appearing less in both? Some more visbility and exposure would be nice, Ro' I see you but I understand.

BANNED

I doubt she will be exclusive to the BP even after Coates is gone. I'm sure she is going to appear in Black Panther II and definitely Black Panther III. So as the MCU will be using her with Black Panther the X-Office will not have her exclusive long. Disney is all about the marketing and the money.