Page 640 of 662 FirstFirst ... 140540590630636637638639640641642643644650 ... LastLast
Results 9,586 to 9,600 of 9921
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    The funny part is that her Warning Shot almost killed him HAHAHA
    LOL. OMG, I know, right. I had the same thought. She could've at least had the lightning land near him. But nope. Home girl lit his ass up.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    is there a way to see these pics bigger. When I click they're not big enough to where I can even read the wording

Attachment 90243

Storm doing her version of "I don't know her". Lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

I love the subtle reveal that Hadari Yao understands a bit of Portuguese. Her energy here is something else. I hope this look lasts for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    is there a way to see these pics bigger. When I click they're not big enough to where I can even read the wording
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...w-marauders-4/

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I love the subtle reveal that Hadari Yao understands a bit of Portuguese. Her energy here is something else. I hope this look lasts for quite a while.

Disregard this post, terrancejameson. I'm the one in error. Apologies.

He's isn't speaking Portuguese to Storm. If you look, his exchange with her isn't in brackets, which is used to denote when he and the children are speaking in Portuguese. Storm does speak multiple languages but that's not what's shown here. So, really, the soldier is the one shown to be bilingual in these panels.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 12-14-2019 at 12:43 PM.

BANNED

He's isn't speaking Portuguese to Storm. If you look, his exchange with her isn't in brackets, which is used to denote when he and the children are speaking in Portuguese. Storm does speak multiple languages but that's not what's shown here. So, really, the soldier is the one shown to be bilingual in these panels.
    Your right, she isn’t speaking it, but she understands it.

Because the children where the ones to say “Don’t Kill us” and Storm cuts in talking about “Nobody is killing anyone”. Which means to me Storm knew what they were talking about. How else would she.....

LOL. OMG, I know, right. I had the same thought. She could've at least had the lightning land near him. But nope. Home girl lit his ass up.
    Nah, that meta-human needs to know that is HE sure he wants to risk a fight with her. LOL

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    The look is just so good especially when the cape is rendered as insanely long and billowy.

Considering languages can be uploaded into a person's mind by a telepath, I don't see the big deal with Ororo knowing some Portuguese. Obviously she had English, Arabic, Swahili, and other African languages before she started hanging with the X-Men, so good on her for that, but Xavier probably gave her Russian, German, Japanese and whatever else over the years.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

sorry wasnt impressed with lightning lass. the art looks really nice though. hopefully she doesnt get dropped kicked or powers dampened leaving her needing to be saved by kitty the all-powerful.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Because the children where the ones to say “Don’t Kill us” and Storm cuts in talking about “Nobody is killing anyone”. Which means to me Storm knew what they were talking about. How else would she.....

Nah, that meta-human needs to know that is HE sure he wants to risk a fight with her. LOL

Great point. Her initial response definitely showed she understood what he said to the children. I had forgotten that part. So, for Storm, no fight means I'll zap your ass one good time to let you know that, if you want to push the issue of a fight, then here is a small taste of how it will go. Which means, great for her, poorly for him.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

saw an interesting discussion on Jean thread. one fan there alluded to wolverine and storm being the most popular xmen. would you agree or would you say logan/storm/jean/cyclops are? I would say storm is right behind wolverine. but I wouldnt say Jean and cyclops are as popular as she is.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    saw an interesting discussion on Jean thread. one fan there alluded to wolverine and storm being the most popular xmen. would you agree or would you say logan/storm/jean/cyclops are? I would say storm is right behind wolverine. but I wouldnt say Jean and cyclops are as popular as she is.
    Storm is very iconic in her appearance, and so it is easy for people to identify her at a glance. That might make her a tiny bit more recognizable than random red headed woman or white guy with glasses. Back in Claremont's day it would be easy to say Storm and Wolverine are the two most popular characters. After a few decades of Morrison and Whedon and Utopia and Fox-Men films, Storm has lost a lot of her umph, while Cyclops skyrocketed in the comics, and Jean came back with a vengeance(especially factoring in Jeen). It is not so clear cut anymore. Once MCU Ororo debuts, though, she should secure her rightful place as top female X-character(maybe even top female Marvel character, as she was when she beat WW in a popularity contest in the 90's).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

She definitely understood IMO. She also repeated the solider when she said "These children don't belong to anyone" after he said they belong to the countries military.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    sorry wasnt impressed with lightning lass. the art looks really nice though. hopefully she doesnt get dropped kicked or powers dampened leaving her needing to be saved by kitty the all-powerful.
    Oh stop being a wet blanket