Page 303 of 370 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 5539
  1. #4531
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    So it’s a fact that animal agriculture is one of the biggest contributors to species extinction, ocean dead zones, water pollution, and habitat destruction...but you think it’s corny or something for Storm to be a vegetarian?

    Storm not being veggie/vegan in 2019 is just poor writing.

    Edit: In one of her very first appearances in the 70s we see her calling out Logan for hunting. Veganism is a natural progression for the character.
    what was the context of why she didnt like him hunting? hunting as a sport I would see her being against that but hunting to eat or survive I dont agree she would have issues with especially considering her ancestral ties. she, as I've stated, has also killed animals but done so when required to save lives:

    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  2. #4532
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Storm going Vegan isn't really that much of a problem. I mean sure we see Storm eating a Hamburger, but like when is the LAST time you've seen Storm eat meat????

    For all we know Storm could have changed her mind since then.....
    Black Panther.....

  3. #4533
    Astonishing Member Vegan Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    She objected to Logan hunting for sport, though Logan claimed he didn’t actually hurt the animals. Anyway, seeing as Storm has mostly lived in the US since joining the X-Men, I don’t see why hunting for survival or defending herself from wild animals is relevant?

  4. #4534
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Black Panther.....
    when in black panther? I thought the last time was in her solo?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-21-2019 at 07:18 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #4535
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    She objected to Logan hunting for sport, though Logan claimed he didn’t actually hurt the animals. Anyway, seeing as Storm has mostly lived in the US since joining the X-Men, I don’t see why hunting for survival or defending herself from wild animals is relevant?
    you made my point. ororo would most certainly abhor to hunting for sport. but people hunting for the purposes of survival I would think she would understand and not have issues with that. and the latter points you mentioned, as I understanding it, would most certainly be relevant because vegans abstain from using any form of animal products because of the harm it cause animals.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  6. #4536
    Fantastic Member Ser Pounce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    272

    Default

    oh the innocence

  7. #4537
    Astonishing Member Vegan Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you made my point. ororo would most certainly abhor to hunting for sport. but people hunting for the purposes of survival I would think she would understand and not have issues with that. and the latter points you mentioned, as I understanding it, would most certainly be relevant because vegans abstain from using any form of animal products because of the harm it cause animals.
    Veganism is about reducing the suffering you cause to animals as far as is possible and practicable. If I need to defend myself I will. If I had no other possible alternative I’d consider eating meat(still probably wouldn’t). My point is that Storm has been living in a first world country and is financially supported by the X-Men($$$). That burger she was eating in Pak’s run had nothing to do with survival or self defense.

  8. #4538
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,204

    Default

    shout out to havok the last time was in wakanda forever. she ate fish boo:





    now does it make a bit of sense about the writer trying to push her own personal agenda lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  9. #4539
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Veganism is about reducing the suffering you cause to animals as far as is possible and practicable. If I need to defend myself I will. If I had no other possible alternative I’d consider eating meat(still probably wouldn’t). My point is that Storm has been living in a first world country and is financially supported by the X-Men($$$). That burger she was eating in Pak’s run had nothing to do with survival or self defense.
    people eat to survive my friend.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  10. #4540
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    623

    Default

    You do not have to defend yourself. NO one attacked you for being a vegan. That is your choice and I think all of us respect that. But that doesn't mean we are going to stop eating meat in our own lives.

  11. #4541
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    exactly beloved.

    thank you!




    when was the last time we saw any if the xmen eating meat? Ororo's ideals towards life is not something that just happened. Shes always had a respect towards life since she first killed a man in self defense. Over the many, many years this is the first time EVER she has been stated as such. If she was going to make a change like this I see it happening way before now.



    I would totally see her eating meat in the way you described. Her totally being against eating meat, especially when there is canonical evidence of her even killing animals seems a bit of a stretch.



    this is fair. I just think if she was going to do this it would have been expressed way before now.
    But what does that have to do with her being Vegan??? If she chooses to become a Vegan thatís fine. Whatís the problem.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  12. #4542
    Astonishing Member Vegan Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    people eat to survive my friend.
    Right, but Storm doesn’t need to eat meat or dairy to survive.

  13. #4543
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    when in black panther? I thought the last time was in her solo?
    Black Panther was the last meat she ate


  14. #4544
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Black Panther.....
    Thank You.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  15. #4545
    Astonishing Member Vegan Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    You do not have to defend yourself. NO one attacked you for being a vegan. That is your choice and I think all of us respect that. But that doesn't mean we are going to stop eating meat in our own lives.
    I didn’t ask you to? We’re talking about Storm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •