Page 662 of 662 FirstFirst ... 162562612652658659660661662
Results 9,916 to 9,921 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Possibly "Fearless." My gratitude to the forum regular who lambasted me for whining about Krakoa being a staging ground for the final mutant-human war that will end with the extinction of sapiens, then recommended I read the mini which "proves" that mutants and humans are (still) not (yet) in final genocide mode. Good dynamics with Sue and Carol (more for the former than the latter), and very understanding to the still un-powered Melody Guthrie.
    That part tho.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I just don’t read them.
    Yuppers. This.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Possibly "Fearless." My gratitude to the forum regular who lambasted me for whining about Krakoa being a staging ground for the final mutant-human war that will end with the extinction of sapiens, then recommended I read the mini which "proves" that mutants and humans are (still) not (yet) in final genocide mode. Good dynamics with Sue and Carol (more for the former than the latter), and very understanding to the still un-powered Melody Guthrie.
    fearless was nice in that I showcased just how important ororo can be to humanityveyind that if just being a mutant. her fighting to protect the sacred lands in Canada from loggers was a very moving moment. whermther people realize it it not maintaining balance as well as protecting the planet is essential to all life (including mutants and human alike). very good point!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I think you misinterpreted the tone of my post. I am fully aware that you're against them as a couple or even associates. That's precisely why I responded the way I did. I disagree with literally every single detractor and excuse raised as proof of why T'Challa and Ororo shouldn't or couldn't be shown in a respectful and loving manner. I disagree and pushback.

As it stands Coates has left T'Challa on the more informed side of this new equation regarding Krakoa and the future of mutantkind. He's winning. I could run you down a whole list, but let's start with some of the things you already admitted, shall we?

What about "given the fact that Wakanda is for all intents and purposes the strongest human nation in the MU. Their gods returned after being missing since ANAD, they’re in the process of claiming an intergalactic mirror of itself with control of 5 galaxies, T’Challa is leading the Avengers, they control the world’s premier intelligence network/superhuman response team in the AoW (replacing SHIELD)" isn't all of this true? Have we been reading the same solo? T'Challa gave everyone what they wanted and manipulated his way back into power. Think I'm lying? He gave into the desires of his people and gave them a democracy. The council is in place and the world knows Wakanda is nothing without its king. He gave the Dora's what they wanted and now they're loyal to the throne like nothing happened. He even gave into Storm. And look at where you just place his standing within the MU. Sounds like a BLACK MAN with fucking swag.

T'Challa is ahead of the wave in more ways than one. Hickman has breathed new life in the X-books by turning Krakoa into mutant Wakanda and you don't even see it. People are actually elevated over a new angle to bring mutants into the MCU. They haven't been shy about adopting all of Hickman's ideas in anticipation. Hickman's Krakoa is Coogler's Wakanda for mutants as Black Panther comes to a close. Mutants have drugs instead of vibranium. Even on the front of mutant worshipping cult like factions isn't even new. It was introduced by Coates in a major way. Hadari Yao as a narrative is exactly at play without touching on it. T'Challa doesn't have to prove he's down for mutant rights. He has a BLACK mutant man as his right hand and a BLACK mutant goddess as his right. There's no way he's losing ground to a smear campaign to portray him as harboring anti mutant sentiment. His bases are covered. T'Challa is winning by a mile.

I'm well aware that people will disagree. I know that many gripes will be aired about both their trajectories being stifled because of their shared history. Some claim the marriage did her a disservice then, and some will say the current relationship does neither of them any favors now. I disagree because it all sounds like a barrel of trash truck juice.

Coates has also left enough wiggle room to give X-writers an Avenue to use her with her admission that she claims both countries as her own. She's a mutant dignitary of sorts with a seat on the quiet council. She's a goddess with a meager following of faithfuls. And she's in a unique position discuss politics with the head of the most advanced human nation on earth. Ororo is holding a stacked deck of playable cards. She's winning all on her own. Coates is not the only writer building her up. She's on the cusp of everything monumental in the X-books right now and most don't even recognize it because they don't want see it. There are tons of parallels to be drawn between Wakanda and Krakoa and there simply isn't any other mutant worthy of highlighting those similarities.

As a last question: would you as an ardent supporter of T'Challa and Wakanda, would you really have been ok with Wakanda taking Krakoan relief pharmaceuticals as a handout? I could take that question over to his thread if that's better for you.
    you again are spreading knowledge and truth! nothing you said can be refuted and I loved how you identified some of the ways tchalla is that black man that should be respected within the mu.

excellent post beloved!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you again are spreading knowledge and truth! nothing you said can be refuted and I loved how you identified some of the ways tchalla is that black man that should be respected within the mu.

excellent post beloved!!
    Lololololol I can’t stop my fingers from tying sometimes. I’m hoping 2020 changes me for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Lololololol I can’t stop my fingers from tying sometimes. I’m hoping 2020 changes me for the better.
    you better not change anything about you! periodt!!!!