Page 228 of 662 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278328 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    no I missed that. what was said?

I did catch the shade at Jean though about her love interests.... there was a lot of truth Nate was throwing.
    Nate is talking about sending everyone back and Storm goes "I think it would be best if we left Apocalypse here." LOL

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nate is talking about sending everyone back and Storm goes "I think it would be best if we left Apocalypse here." LOL
    lmfao no she didnt lolol I'm rolling
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

goddess be praised.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't see HiX-Man going forward with the "Storm is a God" sub-plot...And I'm quite happy with that.
    Maybe some other writer might bring it up in Phase 1 or 2 books...maybe...but I don't think HiX-Man himself is too invested in that particular story beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't see HiX-Man going forward with the "Storm is a God" sub-plot...And I'm quite happy with that.
    Maybe some other writer might bring it up in Phase 1 or 2 books...maybe...but I don't think HiX-Man himself is too invested in that particular story beat.
    unfortunately for you Coates will still be writing her as a goddess and fearless starts this month which also states she is a goddess. considering he is still using her uniform which is also featured in those books i imagine the same will be deployed when it comes to her characteristics and powers including her being a goddess.

Its not really a subplot; its just an added part of who she is

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its not really a subplot; its just an added part of who she is
    exactly boo!!

When the writer does not make it central to his ongoing story (as Coates did in BP)...it is a sub-plot.
    Claremont (and others) only mentioned it a few times...in passing...alluding to her divinity, but never overtly confirming/addressing it. The closest he got to actually making her a Goddess was when she and Forge were trapped on the Adversary's virgin world during FotM. And they both declined the "offer".
    Enh!
    We'll see what HiX-Man does with it...or not.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-17-2019 at 10:25 AM.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

I agree, I think the goddess thing should be part of her origin and I like being able to claim that, BUT I don't think it melds with the X-men ideas and I dont want it to overtake the mutant narrative.

Astonishing Member

I'm interested in the goddess aspect insofar as it effects Storm's personal ideology and her relationships with others. I don't need her to get another power boost through confirmation of her godhood, what she needs is a new layer to her character to expand on who she is and give her more to work with from a narrative standpoint. Coates seemed to be going with that because while he did give her the feat of sealing the Adversary, it was more about her rediscovering her love for Wakanda and finding a different kind of heroism in protecting that country. It was a poignant way to reset her relationship with T'Challa and I feel there's still lots to mine there within the X-Men mythos.

But it's not like exploring her divinity is the only way to make Storm relevant so I'll be equally happy with Hickman giving her a relevant sub-plot that focuses on something else. As long as she's not the token she normally ends up being and can actually have be a proactive member of the team I'd consider the run a success for her character.

Bow down to the Goddess!!!

Attachment 84621

Hickman come through! Don't disappoint me!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Attachment 84621

the power that that has, the intelligence that that has, the clearance that that has, the impact that that has, the access that that has, the influence that that has, the profile that that has, the international implications that that has

When the writer does not make it central to his ongoing story (as Coates did in BP)...it is a sub-plot.
    Claremont (and others) only mentioned it a few times...in passing...alluding to her divinity, but never overtly confirming/addressing it. The closest he got to actually making her a Goddess was when she and Forge were trapped on the Adversary's virgin world during FotM. And they both declined the "offer".
    Enh!
    We'll see what HiX-Man does with it...or not.
    when the writer uses it as a secondary storyline, its a subplot. Would we call Storm being black a subplot? Iceman being gay, a subplot? No, but if the writers utilize that as a plot point, than it can be. Storm being a goddess is a part of who she is. If the writer wants to tell a story where that comes into play, then it becomes a subplot. I personally dont like it, but it is what it is, especially if it starts to be referenced in more books

Relax. Breathe.
    I was speaking specifically of the way in which her Divinity was/is/maybe used as THE story or part of A story...not her divinity on and of itself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

goddess be praised.
    OH!? Another mentioning of her being a God?? Interesting. Didn't think they would talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Attachment 84621

I LOVE THIS COVER. SO COOL. I like how Storm and Emma and Exodus are standing together. Pretty Cool.

Now, that I think about it. That's a Good team.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 07-17-2019 at 11:27 AM.