Page 193 of 662 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I’ve always been okay with and even supported a lot of BP fans in their frustration with Coates and how he is choosing to go about his stories. Hell, I came to their defense when other Storm fans claimed they should just get over it when they felt slighted at the end of his last run. But they take it a step too far when they talk down about Ororo as if she is some C grade character that should be honored to grace his franchise. As if most people in the world would’ve said his name over hers when the term “black superhero” was brought up before his movie was huge success. When they slut shame her, inferring she has dubious morals and questionable loyalty after she decided to do what she thought was right for her after he discarded their marriage. When they say she doesn’t care about the Wakandan people because of her loyalties to the X-men, her family, even after she’s saved them and their King multipleeeeeee times and asked for nothing in return. A people who are naturally xenophobic and gene-racist against mutants, which is beyond unbecoming for supposedly the most “advanced” nation in the world. No, you can miss me with all of that. Disrespect given is Disrespect earned.
    Ok, I can agree with you in that. Those comments sound like they come from Super Salty fans.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that looks very nice!

I thought it was wonder woman. how was she originally drawn I've seen some depictions of her with fairer skin.

oh no need to apologize. that is very nice I love it. thank you so much for sharing.

thanks appreciate it. Currently working on a group shot that i plan to tighten up and color. Sometimes i think i be going to over the top with Storm. lol
    Attachment 83765
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Went off slightly in the BP thread after what I viewed as unnecessary Storm disrespect, but I wanted to come here and let it be known that I do respect those of you who are actually fans of them both respectfully. I donÂ’t hate TÂ’challa, I actually support where theyÂ’re going with their narrative right now, but I just couldnÂ’t abide the blatant revision of facts some of his fans were promoting in order to bolster him via putting her down. After all she has done for him and Wakanda, they better put some respek on her name. Just an apology to those of you here who post there as well and are fans of the two of them, I meant no disrespect to you personally.
    I personally love what Coates is doing with the BP franchise as well. Tchalla himself has gone through a transformation and still trying to navigate between being a king who has duty to his country and a man who wants the freedom to live a life without the weight of his birthright. Within this he is coming to terms with his love for Ororo which he seemingly still even seems uncertain as evident by this exchange between the two:

Coates is showing this man trying to find the balance that he needs in his life between being a king and man (is it coincidenceororo is the goddess who looks to bring balance to all things?). He is also showing how beautiful and yet complicated black love can be and I love all he has done. Additionally, drawing parallels between African slavery in America to Tchallas experience losing everything in the future he was transported to is another testament to Coates talent. That said, I understand your frustrations when seeing posters rewrite the actually events of canon so kudos to you for speaking facts as it relates to Ororos involvement with Wakanda and Tchalla.

I’ve always been okay with and even supported a lot of BP fans in their frustration with Coates and how he is choosing to go about his stories. Hell, I came to their defense when other Storm fans claimed they should just get over it when they felt slighted at the end of his last run. But they take it a step too far when they talk down about Ororo as if she is some C grade character that should be honored to grace his franchise. As if most people in the world would’ve said his name over hers when the term “black superhero” was brought up before his movie was huge success. When they slut shame her, inferring she has dubious morals and questionable loyalty after she decided to do what she thought was right for her after he discarded their marriage. When they say she doesn’t care about the Wakandan people because of her loyalties to the X-men, her family, even after she’s saved them and their King multipleeeeeee times and asked for nothing in return. A people who are naturally xenophobic and gene-racist against mutants, which is beyond unbecoming for supposedly the most “advanced” nation in the world. No, you can miss me with all of that. Disrespect given is Disrespect earned.
    Here's the blatant truth as it goes to Ororo's treatment by writers. Predominantly speaking when black writers had a chance to write her they chose to elevate her in power and status. Hudlin made her a queen, Coates made her a goddess, Harvey gave her a deeper connection to her roots. Now juxtapose this to what the xwriters have done. Aaron "made" her headmistrrss in part by sleeping with Logan, Soule/Lemire made her mute and ineffective in IvX, and Guggenheim had her renounce being a goddess but showed her people praying to a white God to become a "real" God. The BP fans cant create the narrative they have made from nothing. The xoffices have devalued the character by over sexualizing her (being nothing but logans plaything and randomly kissing gambit) and making her ineffectual in attempt to prop other characters (ie Kitty in Xmen gold). Let's not forget the most recent being her having a child randomly with Cable. I dont like the things the BP fans say but unfortunately there is truth to their inflammatory posts. The truth is the black writers value her in a way that non-black writers of the xworld have unfortunately not and this is evident in the drastic difference between BP offices handling of her versus the Xoffices approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    These look interesting... :-)
    lolol I hope its interesting for you for the same reasons its interesting for me... lolol splat.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Well, after reading the Black Panther post by his Fans.

I understand BP fans frustration with Storm being in BP mythos is totally understandable. I mean you have another character(Storm)getting more attention and growth than your favorite hero(Black Panther) when the Book is only about and is supposed to be about Black Panther. I’m sure I can imagine the frustration a Black Panther fan reading about this Hadari Yao concept going forward when it doesn’t link nor connect to T’Challa’s character as a whole. And forcing her into a position some Black Panther fans deem she is not fit for. So I get it. I get why they are mad the book is called “Black Panther” not “Black Panther and Storm”

Although, for me personally I see both characters are growing. So I donÂ’t see the problem in this. But This only shows that the writer of Black Panther should just write a Storm solo book.
    I disagree they Ororo is getting more attention and growth than BP. From Season 1 to now Coates has been showing Tchalla be the hero, the king, the man, and the empty vessel who had to fight to regain all the things he had lost. This man was the one who pioneered the first pilgrims who 2000 years later would become one of the most feared and respected empires in the universe. This is the man who had the mind and intelligence enough to pull together some of the mightiest heroes to defeat Adversary. So no I disagree with your sentiment here. The problem I think BP fans have is that they want him to be the beat their is at everything without needing the help from outside characters primarily from the franchise they feel constantly throws shade to him.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-24-2019 at 10:47 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    thanks appreciate it. Currently working on a group shot that i plan to tighten up and color. Sometimes i think i be going to over the top with Storm. lol
    Attachment 83765
    blasphemy!!!! you can never go over the top with Ororo!! please share your work once you have completed it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I disagree they Ororo is getting more attention and growth than BP. From Season 1 to now Coates has been showing Tchalla be the hero, the king, the man, and the empty vessel who had to fight to regain all the things he had lost. This man was the one who pioneered the first pilgrims who 2000 years later would become one of the most feared and respected empires in the universe. This is the man who had the mind and intelligence enough to pull together some of the mightiest heroes to defeat Adversary. So no I disagree with your sentiment here. The problem I think BP fans have is that they want him to be the beat their is at everything without needing the help from outside characters primarily from the franchise they feel constantly throws shade to him.
    You have to look through the perspective of(Some) Black Panther fans this book is not about Storm becoming a Goddess is what the main frustration is. It's clear from their comments (Some)BP fans are not interested in reading about the Hadari Yao and adding her to the Wakandan Mythos there just not. What he did in BP #17 & 172 is fine that's just a teaser, but if Coates really wants to talk about Storm accession to Godhood and expand MORE on it he should do it in Storm's Solo book not in Black Panther. From the previews of BP #13 A Black Panther fan could easily argue he wasted two pages talking about Storm's Hadari Yao.

So their frustration is absolutely justified....but anyway theirs nothing they or we or anyone can do about it. Either way it seems fine to me.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 06-24-2019 at 11:11 AM.

You have to look through the perspective of a Black Panther fan this book is not about Storm becoming a Goddess is what the main frustration is. It's clear from their comments BP fans are not interested in reading about the Hadari Yao and adding her to the Wakandan Mythos there just not. What he did in BP #17 & 172 is fine that's just a teaser, but if Coates really wants to talk about Storm accession to Godhood and expand MORE on it he should do it in Storm's Solo book not in Black Panther. From the previews of BP #13 A Black Panther fan could easily argue he wasted two pages talking about Storm's Hadari Yao. So their frustration is absolutely justified....
    So take ororo out of it. What would have made them happy? How would Tchalla have taken out Adversary based on his powerset? The fans want Tchalla to be the big bad everything but it simply doesnt make sense in all scenarios. He is going to need help, he is going to need allies hence "no one man." They want to see him going toe to toe with gods ( like when he beat the tiger god) even when it doesnt make sense from the perspective of his powerset. And despite the spin in the BP thread Ororo hasnt been in that many issues, maybe even a handful out of all of the issues that have been written. To say Tchalla has not had any development is simply not true. And anyone upset about two previews with storm in it have clearly not been reading the past 12 issues of BP that is BP heavy with him doing bad arse things as it is leading to him taking down an empire. Have you actually been reading this season of Bp? Point to an issue where it was centered around her and her development? That said people upset are people who 1. dont like coates, 2 dont like storm, and 3 just want something to complain about. its simple as that.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-24-2019 at 11:16 AM.

BANNED

So take ororo out of it. What would have made them happy? The fans want Tchalla to be the big bad everything. They want him going toe to toe with gods ( like when he beat the tiger god) even when it doesnt make sense from the perspective of his powerset. And despite the spin in the BP thread Ororo hasnt been in that many issues, maybe even a handful out of all of the issues that have been written. To say Tchalla has not had any development is simply not true. And anyone upset about two previews with storm in it have clearly not been reading the past 12 issues of BP that is BP heavy with him doing bad arse things as it is leading to him taking down an empire. Have you actually been reading this season of Bp? Point to an issue where it was centered around her and her development? People upset are people who 1. dont like coates, 2 dont like storm, and 3 just want something to complain about. its simple as that.
    The Hell if I know i'm not a Black Panther Fan. Regardless on how you feel about the issue, there are SOME Black Panther fans that are just not happy how Coates is doing stuff. And that's fine ya can't please everyone.

The Hell if I know i'm not a Black Panther Fan. Regardless on how you feel about the issue, there are SOME Black Panther fans that are just not happy how Coates is doing stuff. And that's fine ya can't please everyone.
    exactly I figured you have not lol. I actually like BP though i am a Storm fan first and I keep up on the recent issues, which this season has been pretty good (a lot more action than the previous season but I like the first one better). And I know there are people who dont like what he is doing and I explained why again:

1. They dont like Coates
    2 They dont like Storm
    3. They want something to gripe about

Any person who is making a big deal about preview pages and storm getting more development have not been reading the book and will fall in one of those categories listed above.

You have to look through the perspective of(Some) Black Panther fans this book is not about Storm becoming a Goddess is what the main frustration is. It's clear from their comments (Some)BP fans are not interested in reading about the Hadari Yao and adding her to the Wakandan Mythos there just not. What he did in BP #17 & 172 is fine that's just a teaser, but if Coates really wants to talk about Storm accession to Godhood and expand MORE on it he should do it in Storm's Solo book not in Black Panther. From the previews of BP #13 A Black Panther fan could easily argue he wasted two pages talking about Storm's Hadari Yao.

So their frustration is absolutely justified....but anyway theirs nothing they or we or anyone can do about it. Either way it seems fine to me.
    I just don't really care to be honest. At the end of the day if Storm was a dutiful housewife who just gave him cosmic level children they would be eating it up. At the end of the day one block buster movie doesn't and hasn't done anything to change tchalla in the comics itself. How many times has his sister taken his mantle. The book is called Black Panther not King Tchalla. There were Black Panthers before him and Black Panthers after him but Storm IS Storm. Perhaps they should ask for a Tchalla book if they don't Storm infecting the Tchalla mythos. Because Tchalla is apart of the BP mythos but he is not THE BP mythos. BP is tied to a nation in Africa and Storm was worshipped in Africa as a goddess. So one could make the argument she has more connection to it than he.

Basically you can make a BP comic without Tchalla but you can't make a storm comic without Ororo munroe. I get it, it hurts.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-24-2019 at 11:27 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I just don't really care to be honest. At the end of the day if Storm was a dutiful housewife who just gave him cosmic level children they would be eating it up. At the end of the day one block buster movie doesn't and hasn't done anything to change tchalla in the comics itself. How many times has his sister taken his mantle. The book is called Black Panther not King Tchalla. There were Black Panthers before him and Black Panthers after him but Storm IS Storm. Perhaps they should ask for a Tchalla book if they don't Storm infecting the Tchalla mythos. Because Tchalla is apart of the BP mythos but he is not THE BP mythos. BP is tied to a nation in Africa and Storm was worshipped in Africa as a goddess. So one could make the argument she has more connection to it than he.

Basically you can make a BP comic without Tchalla but you can't make a storm comic without Ororo munroe. I get it, it hurts.
    Chile you speaking to much truth in this post:

BANNED

exactly I figured you have not lol. I actually like BP though i am a Storm fan first and I keep up on the recent issues, which this season has been pretty good (a lot more action than the previous season but I like the first one better). And I know there are people who dont like what he is doing and I explained why again:

1. They dont like Coates
    2 They dont like Storm
    3. They want something to gripe about

Any person who is making a big deal about preview pages and storm getting more development have not been reading the book and will fall in one of those categories listed above.
    Asking me what they could do if Storm was out of the picture doesn't prove your point. That question is better suited for a Black Panther fan who is the on that's having the issue of her presence there. I'm not a Black Panther Fan so your question doesn't matter to me. But as stated before regardless on HOW you feel about it there are some fans who don't like it...simple.

The problem is that Some BP fans probably don't like Storm and rather not see her all the time in BP books. I could really careless really. I don't see the problem here, but I get where they are coming from.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 06-24-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Chile you speaking to much truth in this post:

Even his own movie showed how replaceable he was as black panther. Didn't his own cousin take his mantle in his OWN movie. Wheres the outrage at that. They love this movie because it made a billion dollars but imho Tchalla wasn't written that great in it or that smart. But hey, Storm is the real problem. Ok...
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Even his own movie showed how replaceable he was as black panther. Didn't his own cousin take his mantle in his OWN movie. Wheres the outrage at that. We love this movie because it made a billion dollars but imho Tchalla wasn't written that great in it or that smart. But hey, Storm is the real problem. Ok...

Coates is showing this man trying to find the balance that he needs in his life between being a king and man (is it coincidence Ororo is the goddess who looks to bring balance to all things?). He is also showing how beautiful and yet complicated black love can be and I love all he has done. Additionally, drawing parallels between African slavery in America to Tchallas experience losing everything in the future he was transported to is another testament to Coates talent. That said, I understand your frustrations when seeing posters rewrite the actually events of canon so kudos to you for speaking facts as it relates to Ororos involvement with Wakanda and Tchalla.

Here's the blatant truth as it goes to Ororo's treatment by writers. Predominantly speaking when black writers had a chance to write her they chose to elevate her in power and status. Hudlin made her a queen, Coates made her a goddess, Harvey gave her a deeper connection to her roots. Now juxtapose this to what the xwriters have done. Aaron "made" her headmistrrss in part by sleeping with Logan, Soule/Lemire made her mute and ineffective in IvX, and Guggenheim had her renounce being a goddess but showed her people praying to a white God to become a "real" God. The BP fans cant create the narrative they have made from nothing. The xoffices have devalued the character by over sexualizing her (being nothing but logans plaything and randomly kissing gambit) and making her ineffectual in attempt to prop other characters (ie Kitty in Xmen gold). Let's not forget the most recent being her having a child randomly with Cable. I dont like the things the BP fans say but unfortunately there is truth to their inflammatory posts. The truth is the black writers value her in a way that non-black writers of the xworld have unfortunately not and this is evident in the drastic difference between BP offices handling of her versus the Xoffices approach.
    I agree that Coates has done some really great things as far as developing Ororo and T’challa over these last few years in my opinion. However, while I like to consider most of AvX bad writing, it’s canon that he was an absolute ass to her after everything went down before. It showed him as someone who only loved her and had her back when she fit his perfect image of the Queen of HIS nation. A real man wouldn’t have thrown her away like that without a fight, much less a discussion. Then on top of the the many times she’s fought for him and risked her own life, even fighting Death itself for him to only be rewarded by being more dispensable than a hunk of rock when Doomwar came knocking. Now I get it, this is all fitting into his redemption arc now that Coates can work sympathetic moments in for T’challa recognizing his faults and owning his mistakes now. I love it and he is really showing so much growth and maturity now as a character. But that’s is now. Then was then. And he will always be wrong for what he did then. I’d we want to grow and move/look forward in a more healthy, growing light then by all means but the past can’t just be ignored if we’re discussing the history of these characters together. And to have that twisted into blame that damn near bordered on straight misogyny and blatant disrespect to Storm? They really got me messed up with that one.

In regards to her writers, I can’t say that I agree necessarily. Black and white writers have shown they can both use her in both good and bad way. Look what Dickey did in her solo. Hudlin May have made her a Queen but he sure as hell didn’t understand her a character and wrote her as mostly a doormat to T’challa. And as we all know, a white man is responsible for making her everything she is today, and that is a fact. Now do black writers find beautiful and more creative ways to flesh out her identity as a black woman and African Queen? Of course, no doubt about it. But bad writing sometimes really is just that. Bad writing.

I’m regards to Wolverine I know there are some Storm fans that take that scene from Wolverine and the X-men as her offering her body to him in exchange for headmistress-ship but I can’t for the life of me see it that way. Storm could’ve walked into that bih, told Logan she was taking helm of the institute and I don’t think he would’ve had a damn thing to say about it. But they were friends. Close friends and confidantes for years and years. With a Claremont established history of flirtation I might add. He’s always respected her even when there weren’t romantic feelings involved. I don’t see it as being soooo out of the blue for her to turn to him for both physical and emotional comfort after being cut out of the life of the man and the people that she loved. I think it was fully her choice and anyone who calls that disrespect to T’’Challa better take a good hard look at his harem of Build-a-Wives and get back to me.

Asking me what they could do if Storm was out of the picture doesn't prove your point. That question is better suited for a Black Panther fan who is the on that's having the issue of her presence there. I'm not a Black Panther Fan so your question doesn't matter to me. But as stated before regardless on HOW you feel about it there are some fans who don't like it...simple.

The problem is that Some BP fans probably don't like Storm and rather not see her all the time in BP books. I could really careless really. I don't see the problem here, but I get where they are coming from.
    you're missing the point entirely. how can you say storm has gotten more development in a title you have admitted to not reading? you started off saying you understood how BP fans feels because she is getting more development than tchalla did you not? that is why I posed the question as to what would make them happy as you stated you understood their perspective. so either you can speak for them or you cant. it would seem by your admission that you are not a BP fan so you shouldnt be speaking for them. lastly, fans liking or not liking what I enjoy has nothing to do with the point I originally made which was that tchalla has gotten more development in this title which you cant say otherwise as you havent been reading the books so it is smple indeed. It goes without saying everyone is not going to like the same thing and that is fine but if you are going to try to identify with their feelings in the regard then make declarative statements I think you should be informed on what Coates has actually written in the book.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-24-2019 at 11:55 AM.