Page 506 of 662 FirstFirst ... 6406456496502503504505506507508509510516556606 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 9921

Oh and on my third reread, match up the scenes of Tchalla/Bast vs. Storm/Nakia and see how both their eyes change as they go through their conversations and try to contain themselves.

The lines fit so perfectly for the scene we just saw with Storm.

"Why does immortal storm bother herself with the with such worldly things." Cause the gods can be petty.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by illmatic97 View Post
    Honestly it just depends on how you look at the situation. Nakia being mad about Tchalla not picking her over Ororro shows that she doesn't know what he and Ro been through and how connected they are on different levels, Storm sees that the young one is google eyed for Tchalla and lets nakia know she understands but at the same time don't get your hopes up because homeboy Tchalla wouldn't betray storm on that level because if he did he wouldn't have told her about nakia. Storm trust new nakia to not end up like old nakia so she trust new nakia to be one of the supporting cast but she points out that despite her feelings she can't compete with Ororro because she has Tchalla love locked down.
    He didn't truly betray her because he didn't have his memories, but there was a romantic relationship that he remembers even with his memories back. And Storm is concerned that once they're back in space on missions together, he'll resume it. Otherwise there is no need to talk to Nakia.

In the issue where they return to Earth, he tells Nakia that he thought of a life with her after the war. He probably told Storm that's how he felt too. lol

Storm was giving out permission because with all the things happening on Krakoa, she might get up to something too.

Didn't someone say they talked about Krakoa resurrection and gates in this issue? I didn't see any of that. Still pretty sure Krakoa hasn't happened yet. Hes' clean shaved in all other books, I don't think its caught up yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Oh and on my third reread, match up the scenes of Tchalla/Bast vs. Storm/Nakia and see how both their eyes change as they go through their conversations and try to contain themselves.

The lines fit so perfectly for the scene we just saw with Storm.

"Why does immortal storm bother herself with the with such worldly things." Cause the gods can be petty.
    I've read it three times too and I just can't pick up on petty Storm. She addressed her as an officer of rank. She even tells her that she didn't come to shame her or vent her jealousies. I think Coates is using Hadari Yao specifically in contrast to Bast and the way revels in her power as a goddess.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Ya'll forgetting the weather can be as brutal as it is beautiful.
    ororo is all about balance and this was well before the hadari yao title. she can give you motherly compassion one moment and then the next ice cold fury. I think this full spectrum of her personality really came to play after she went punk.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I've read it three times too and I just can't pick up on petty Storm. She addressed her as an officer of rank. She even tells her that she didn't come to shame her or vent her jealousies. I think Coates is using Hadari Yao specifically in contrast to Bast and the way revels in her power as a goddess.
    I just don't see what Storm is to Tchalla. How can he admit she is a goddess, want her to be a goddess but then in the next few pages put himself beneath a goddess and say he is just a man. But this was a good convo. I'm going to go get a drink. lol She just didn't uplift him once in this issue and he has been uplifting her constantly. So we can agree to disagree on this one. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    What did Storm reveal to her that wasn't common knowledge? What extra knowledge did she gain by intimidating Nakia as you saw it? And what was the point of acknowledging that she was a commander with bravery, valor and compassion if only to insult her?
    this is what I was trying to convey. there was not anything had in their conversation tchalla should be upset about.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He didn't truly betray her because he didn't have his memories, but there was a romantic relationship that he remembers even with his memories back. And Storm is concerned that once they're back in space on missions together, he'll resume it. Otherwise there is no need to talk to Nakia.

In the issue where they return to Earth, he tells Nakia that he thought of a life with her after the war. He probably told Storm that's how he felt too. lol

Storm was giving out permission because with all the things happening on Krakoa, she might get up to something too.

Didn't someone say they talked about Krakoa resurrection and gates in this issue? I didn't see any of that. Still pretty sure Krakoa hasn't happened yet. Hes' clean shaved in all other books, I don't think its caught up yet.
    I don't think ororo is doing anything because of her desire to be with anyone else. she has already explained that she has never loved a man as much as she has tchalla.

and I'm not seeing anything that directly ties to krakoa as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I don't think ororo is doing anything because of her desire to be with anyone else. she has already explained that she has never loved a man as much as she has tchalla.

and I'm not seeing anything that directly ties to krakoa as of yet.
    I don't think she's doing anything now, she covering her bases for the future incase Hickman decides to throw a Gambit kiss out there or Logan, Jean, Scott, and her are on the moonhouse alone.

this is what I was trying to convey. there was not anything had in their conversation tchalla should be upset about.
    Tchalla is the winner. He gets to have area code sex.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Umm, I totally took the exchange at face value. I think Coates having Ororo describe herself as brusque was his way of noting that Ororo will go straight at an issue that is on her heart and head. So, yeah, she is going to have a few words with the woman who loves the man she loves and who the man she loves has spent more time with the last several years than he has spent with her and with whom he has formed a close bond. Come on, I think most women would be curious to the point, if given an opportunity, to check out the competition. For all that Ororo said to Nakia, IMO, she was clearly hurt as well as concerned about T'Challa's relationship with Nakia. As I mentioned in another post, Ororo made herself vulnerable to Nakia. I didn't interpret her words as belittling to T'Challa. And, come on, does anyone here honestly think that the character of T'Challa, knowing Ororo as well as he does, didn't anticipate her seeking out Nakia and having a talk with her when she went to the moon base? He is not stupid or naive. And do we really believe that Ororo wouldn't also assume that T'Challa wouldn't know her well enough to know that she would do exactly what she did? Come on. They've known each other for a very long time and were married. They know each other so well, which was why Ororo could say with sad confidence that she questioned that it was truly over between Nakia and T'Challa despite what he'd told her.

That's another thing. I think, the way it is written, that Coates intends Ororo's description of her talk with T'Challa to have been a fair representation of their conversation. If anything, I think Ororo wanted Nakia to know that she and T'Challa have no secrets between them in regards to her. That is important on so many levels. One, it speaks volumes to T'Challa's character. Two, his truth to Ororo affirms he is still invested in their relationship to the point of telling her a truth that could've ended it, depending on how she took the news. Three, if he hadn't told her, for whatever reason, he and Nakia would've had a lie they shared, which would give Nakia a bit of power over a blind Ororo.

So, I didn't interpret the conversation as Ororo being petty. I viewed it as her confronting an issue directly over which she actually has so little control, which is Nakia's and T'Challa's feelings for each other. That's not being petty, that's creating her own agency. Don't forget, Ororo only said those things about herself being the only woman who can give T'Challa what he needs in response to Nakia's question about whether Ororo was implying that it was Nakia rather than Ororo who could make T'Challa happy. How the heck else was she supposed to answer that question? Ororo is also smart enough to know that T'Challa would brood over the possibility of tension existing between Nakia and Ororo, which no one needs if war is indeed looming. IMO, his brooding over what would happen with everything after he returned home was what kept him from sleeping peacefully at Ororo's side the first night of his return. I think, if I'm interpreting Coates correctly, that Ororo wanted to take away one less stressor from T'Challa's shoulders. It would be nice, however, if Coates would show T'Challa smiling more. He doesn't have to brood all the damn time for readers to know he is serious and thinks deeply. ****, we know that already. Geesh.

Sorry for this long ass post. Smh.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 10-30-2019 at 06:14 PM.

I don't think she's doing anything now, she covering her bases for the future incase Hickman decides to throw a Gambit kiss out there or Logan, Jean, Scott, and her are on the moonhouse alone.
    I think this is pretty accurate. this storyline I think is primarily the result of the xoffices.

they never answer any questions regarding coates works being acknowledged in the xbooks and it may be because of point you mentioned lol. only this time if gambit and ororo kiss can we can see a fight between rogue and storm?

oh for the record when I said ororo was being petty i was talking about certain digs she took at nakia like saying she could never make her happy in the way ororo can. that read all types of petty. the convo itself was very mature and grown folk talk.

I think this is pretty accurate. this storyline I think is primarily the result of the xoffices.

they never answer any questions regarding coates works being acknowledged in the xbooks and it may be because of point you mentioned lol. only this time if gambit and ororo kiss can we can see a fight between rogue and storm?
    Its seems pretty polyamorous out there. Rouge is probably holding the video camera

Its seems pretty polyamorous out there. Rouge is probably holding the video camera
    chile... I dont think ororo would do that to her friends.

the only ones into the kink are the usual suspects. nothing wrong with it but I'm not seeing ororo in that particular lifestyle.

chile... I dont think ororo would do that to her friends.

the only ones into the kink are the usual suspects. nothing wrong with it but I'm not seeing ororo in that particular lifestyle.
    Gambit already has a cute pet name for her. Get Rouge an inhibitor collar(if she still needs one) and get the party started. Curt said we need to be fruitful.