Page 151 of 662 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Storm conveniently forgot she tore a sentinel to pieces above a crowded city as well
    Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Also that she can force her to move anywhere she freaking wants, "Oh no you're going towards the city, too bad I can't control the very air currents you're flying on".
    There's a whole lot of Ororo's powers that were conveniently not used but since the book centered around valkyrie, did we really expect the writer to actually use them lol.

But I am glad they had her using something other than lightening in the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    As a Storm fan, I find that issue to be extra cringe-worthy. The way Storm was defeated was just lazy writing. At the risk of sounding extra petty: if I were writing Storm, either in a team setting or her own solo, I would make it my goal to somehow incorporate Val in a story just to have Storm get that b!sh back!

Chy...especially because of the diss at the end. That still pisses me off. Granted I like Val as a character but this whole book pissed me off. She was a bitch to everyone the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    There's a whole lot of Ororo's powers that were conveniently not used but since the book centered around valkyrie, did we really expect the writer to actually use them lol.

True. Ugh I hate that book. I really wanted to buy The Fearless but despise Bunn so much I won’t buy any of his books. I didn’t expect Storm to win but I expected better creativity from Bunn. He seemed to be a talented storyteller who did his homework up until that book. I mean Valkyrie didn’t stand a snowballs chance in hell of beating Storm in a direct confrontation, so why not have her use her millenias worth of battle knowledge and experience to give her a credible win vs one dripping in PIS/WIS? Since then Bunn has fell into the same category as Fraction, Gillen, Bendis & Aaron(to a degree). I don’t buy anything with their names on it.

Just finished reading the AiPT Hickman interview....we need some direct questions to him about Storm and of he has plans (if any) for her. All he talked about for her was costumes & color schemes for civilian wear that would tell us its Storm (unless her eye color and hair will be missing I don’t see why that’s needed). Other than that it sounds like my X-book hiatus is going to be permanent. Plus none of the X-runs (or cringeworthy movies) he named as faves bodes well for Ororo (she either wasn’t in them or...X2 as fave X-Men movie...really?!).

Apparently we are not getting news of the creative team of any of the new X-Men book till mid July.

And what interview windrider?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    who is this she's fighting and in which comic book?
    She's fighting Valkyrie and the book is Fear Itself: The Fearless book #9

Although Val dissed Ororo at the end claiming she had "real gods" to go fight, her acknowledging that Ororo was a threat and too free and uninhibited for her to handle says a lot. She basically cheated and moved the fight near civilians knowing Ororo would hold back as not to hurt anyone.
    Thanks boo! The fight was full of PIS! I couldnt get into beyond the flexing she did above the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    As a Storm fan, I find that issue to be extra cringe-worthy. The way Storm was defeated was just lazy writing. At the risk of sounding extra petty: if I were writing Storm, either in a team setting or her own solo, I would make it my goal to somehow incorporate Val in a story just to have Storm get that b!sh back!

There a quite a few characters that Ororo need to get back. Aside from Val I would add Doom to that list as well as Emma. She has been trolling Otoro ever since their body swap.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Storm conveniently forgot she tore a sentinel to pieces above a crowded city as well
    Hello. Another form of the Miseducation of Ororo. This was very early in her career as an Xman. That display and explanation to her loss was simply poor writing. However, this seems to be the case with most writers when they have her under their pens.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Also that she can force her to move anywhere she freaking wants, "Oh no you're going towards the city, too bad I can't control the very air currents you're flying on".
    I thought I actually recalled her doing something similar to this in the past but couldnt find any scans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ^^^^^^^^ considering brunhilde's Nordic roots and the way that culture is fetishized by N_zi jerks, this confrontation inadvertently gave "stormfront" culture their own moral victory over a black metahuman.
    you betta preach!!! this is why I truly believe Ororo will never get the shine she deserves in a medium that is dominated by white men. I've said it many times it's not a coincidence that her biggest developments in the modern era have been by Black writers.

I was actually surprised we got the power display we did and yes to the last part. I swear these writers seem to think she can only create lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    True. Ugh I hate that book. I really wanted to buy The Fearless but despise Bunn so much I won’t buy any of his books. I didn’t expect Storm to win but I expected better creativity from Bunn. He seemed to be a talented storyteller who did his homework up until that book. I mean Valkyrie didn’t stand a snowballs chance in hell of beating Storm in a direct confrontation, so why not have her use her millenias worth of battle knowledge and experience to give her a credible win vs one dripping in PIS/WIS? Since then Bunn has fell into the same category as Fraction, Gillen, Bendis & Aaron(to a degree). I don’t buy anything with their names on it.
    QFT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Just finished reading the AiPT Hickman interview....we need some direct questions to him about Storm and of he has plans (if any) for her. All he talked about for her was costumes & color schemes for civilian wear that would tell us its Storm (unless her eye color and hair will be missing I don’t see why that’s needed). Other than that it sounds like my X-book hiatus is going to be permanent. Plus none of the X-runs (or cringeworthy movies) he named as faves bodes well for Ororo (she either wasn’t in them or...X2 as fave X-Men movie...really?!).
    This and she isnt on any of the covers aside from the one where it shows the young storm and punk storm. It should be clear that she will have a very limited showing in these books especially when you consider who his faves are. I'm not surprised I'm just hopeful that she has a bigger representation in Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Apparently we are not getting news of the creative team of any of the new X-Men book till mid July.

And what interview windrider?
    The AIPT interview released every Monday.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Valkyrie recently died in War in the Realms, and Jane Foster will eventually take her place. So.....ha ha.

Also, when came to Storm, Hickman basically talked about what kind of "lewkss she will be serving.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Valkyrie recently died in War in the Realms, and Jane Foster will eventually take her place. So.....ha ha.

Also, when came to Storm, Hickman basically talked about what kind of "lewkss she will be serving.
    serves her right for disrespecting the all-goddess like that:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post

Wait what? Hickman said what about Storm???

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It wasn't anything major.
    He was just using her as a reference to how they went about deciding what the characters would wear and how they would look going forward. ie: very few "civilian" clothes and more costuming reflective of their entire sartorial past.
    When "civvies" are worn they will still look reminiscent of the character's iconic colours and style indicative to that character.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Wait what? Hickman said what about Storm???

BANNED

I can't tell if she's:
    1. Outside the Train.
    2. Flying out the Train.
    3. Inside the Train.

Bad camera angle (IMO)

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/247...g-into-phase-4

Could A Future Black Panther Movie See Wakanda Getting A New Queen?

The end of the first Black Panther movie hinted that T’Challa would not rule Wakanda alone, taking Nakia (Lupita N’Yongo) as his wife and queen. Yet, the Wakandan covert operative was absent from both Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame.

So, either she has just been carrying out her royal responsibilities behind the scenes and has yet to return in the Black Panther sequel, or maybe she and T’Challa broke up. While we would love to see the great Lupita Nyong'o reprise her role, if she were to exit the franchise, this would also leave room for another Marvel character to accept the throne.

In the comics, T’Challa befriends and eventually marries Ororo Munroe, better known under her X-Men alias, Storm. The Avenger and the mutant rule hand-in-hand and fight alongside in battle. What better way to kick off the X-Men’s role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe following the Disney-Fox merger but with Storm as Queen of Wakanda?

While it may seem like overkill in passing to have the Black Panther sequel as a jumping off point for this many characters to become a part of the MCU (and Dark Phoenix’s Storm actress Alexandra Shipp has already voiced against this idea), to many fans, this would a sweet trip to Nerdvana if at some point during Phase Four the Black Panther universe got a storyline of this ilk.