Page 155 of 662 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255655 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 9921

More info on Storm appearances - Nothing to write home about. For those interested and were curious about the Fearless & Fantastic - Women of Marvel book below is the Storm page (love the WAP cover they chose):

Attachment 82663

I am glad she had an appearance (just reminds us how large the stage is vs the size of the spotlight for our super heroines) but this entry could have used some work and had better homework. I know its not a full biography but I feel like the writers missed some key entries to her summary that should be known for people just getting on boarded to Storm, especially since the events helped shape the hero she is:

- An actual African princess
    - No mention of her life on the streets as thief and surviving on skills and wit
    - And they are wrong - She has taken human life and broke that vow quite a few times when the need arose for it

The other ladies I like - Black Widow, Misty Knight, Shuri, Scarlet Witch, Dazzler, Jubilee, etc. also had pages.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 05-22-2019 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Can't post image for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Here are the other Two:
    Attachment 82657
    Attachment 82658
    I live her look in that first panel <3! It's like style her hair this way and take a break from the tiara

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    More info on Storm appearances - Nothing to write home about. For those interested and were curious about the Fearless & Fantastic - Women of Marvel book below is the Storm page (love the WAP cover they chose):

Attachment 82663

I am glad she had an appearance (just reminds us how large the stage is vs the size of the spotlight for our super heroines) but this entry could have used some work and had better homework. I know its not a full biography but I feel like the writers missed some key entries to her summary that should be known for people just getting on boarded to Storm, especially since the events helped shape the hero she is:

- An actual African princess
    - No mention of her life on the streets as thief and surviving on skills and wit
    - And they are wrong - She has taken human life and broke that vow quite a few times when the need arose for it

The other ladies I like - Black Widow, Misty Knight, Shuri, Scarlet Witch, Dazzler, Jubilee, etc. also had pages.
    Omg thank you rider for posting this. The review I read mentioned that this was supposed to be more a summary than a detailed description but I'm glad she got a spotlight. and great point about her not taking a life. I hate when they try to make her a pacifist. much like a real storm it can nurture and bring life as well as take it. I think her personality should reflect that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    love how her cape is flowing around her....beautiful
    Oh hey, Colossus and Armor too (we knew Nightcrawler from HOX#3’s Cover, and Magik in POX#3.....), so it looks like many of the Mainstay Members from the Original Team (So far Cyclops, Jean and Archangel) the Second Team (Storm, Colossus now joining Wolverine and Nightcrawler) New Mutants (so far Magik), Generation X (M, Husk) now Astonishing/ New X-Men (Armor)

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

the quote from fearless is from black panther. I love it

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Sooo... she's pretty much using lightening throughout the movie??? I thought Alexandria said she was doing some "new" cool, amazing stuff???

And why is everyone on the left side moving/reacting but everyone on the right not?
    Well, none of us have seen the movie so we can't say what she does throughout the whole film. They may have opted not to show other feats in the trailers or they could have been filmed and cut from the movie, or t there may not be other feats. We just don't know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I love that they kept her Red costume
    I love the Red costume as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I won't go quite that far, Snoop...we might see some interpretations of her other costumes.
    I hope we see something like what Madureira gave us in his run, using her classic halter top and ring but with long pants instead of the bikini-bottom.
    Yeah, I think you are right. Here is what Hickman said in this week's X-Men monday specifically regarding costumes in general, but using Storm as an example.

Jonathan Hickman "OK, so one of my big rules is that mutants wear mutant clothes and not human ones. If you think about it, we have all of these amazing costumes that these characters have worn over the years, just a sea of them (and, sure, some are bad and we won’t be using them, but for the most part, the X-Line has had some of the best designs in the history of the medium). Also, in the story that we’re telling, it’s just completely logical that Storm would have a closet full of Storm costumes and not yoga pants and sweaters (but in the instance that she did really need to dress ‘civilian,’ then those civilian clothes should reflect her costume color scheme and immediately identify her as Storm–or, you know, be a fair compromise like the Quitely leather ‘mutant school’ look). Anyway, we’re going to be leaving a lot of that up to the creative teams of the books. But you shouldn’t be surprised to see Storm wearing a Coipel outfit in one book and a Cockrum one in another or the Lee one in another. The point is, I want the creative teams to have fun, and in doing so, make dynamic-looking superhero books."

I don't know why but that latest preview page from Powers and House makes me feel like the x-men are going to create planet x by using their abilities together to bring life to a world. Maybe mars or Jupiter. Though i guess it could be the moon.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    Emeli Sandé just released her music video in collaboration with the movie and holy hell, some great scenes with Storm with a little glimpse of Dazzler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnYsk7jfUTE
    Reposting from the Dark Phoenix thread as there are a good amount of new Storm scenes in here. Wish I could be more excited but I figured this’d be a nice treat for those who are.

Also a fun little article about “Rogue-Storm” that was definitely written by a Storm fan. Very cute, worth the quick read!

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/chosen...ay-rogue-storm

FEARLESS #2 (of 3)
    SEANAN MCGUIRE, KARLA PACHECO & MORE (W)
    CLAIRE ROE & MORE (A)
    Cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    Connecting Variant Cover by JENNY FRISON
    CELEBRATE THE WOMEN OF MARVEL WITH ALL-NEW STORIES!
    First, a star-studded adventure by Hugo-nominated writer Seanan McGuire! For Captain Marvel of the Avengers, Invisible Woman of the Fantastic Four and Storm of the X-Men, a seemingly simple day at a leadership camp for girls is turning out to be MUCH more complicated — and dangerous! — than they’d bargained for. Then, GWENPOOL, PUNISHER and Rick and Morty veteran Karla Pacheco dives into the dangerous world of Night Nurse! And don’t miss your dose of Herstory with profiles on classic and contemporary creators!

BLACK PANTHER #15
    TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • DANIEL ACUñA (A/C)
    Bring on the Bad Guys Variant Cover by RYAN BENJAMIN
    THE INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE OF WAKANDA – THE BLACK PANTHER RETURNS TO EARTH!
    T’Challa secures a legendary victory against N’Jadaka and his Intergalactic Empire! At last, the king can return to his throne and the loved ones he left behind. But even at home, T’Challa isn’t free from the Empire’s long shadow…

These covers got me feelin some type of way

Very beautiful cover for FEARLESS #2.

That fearless cover is one of the best I’ve ever seen!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

FEARLESS #2 (of 3)
    SEANAN MCGUIRE, KARLA PACHECO & MORE (W)
    CLAIRE ROE & MORE (A)
    Cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    Connecting Variant Cover by JENNY FRISON
    CELEBRATE THE WOMEN OF MARVEL WITH ALL-NEW STORIES!
    First, a star-studded adventure by Hugo-nominated writer Seanan McGuire! For Captain Marvel of the Avengers, Invisible Woman of the Fantastic Four and Storm of the X-Men, a seemingly simple day at a leadership camp for girls is turning out to be MUCH more complicated — and dangerous! — than they’d bargained for. Then, GWENPOOL, PUNISHER and Rick and Morty veteran Karla Pacheco dives into the dangerous world of Night Nurse! And don’t miss your dose of Herstory with profiles on classic and contemporary creators!

BLACK PANTHER #15
    TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • DANIEL ACUñA (A/C)
    Bring on the Bad Guys Variant Cover by RYAN BENJAMIN
    THE INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE OF WAKANDA – THE BLACK PANTHER RETURNS TO EARTH!
    T’Challa secures a legendary victory against N’Jadaka and his Intergalactic Empire! At last, the king can return to his throne and the loved ones he left behind. But even at home, T’Challa isn’t free from the Empire’s long shadow…

These covers got me feelin some type of way
    **** man this is amazing, and same I actually feel some encouragement and hope for Storm that I haven't felt in a while.

Also this music video has a lot of Storm scenes from DP, she actually looks like shes going to finally be of some use and do some real fighting for once: https://youtu.be/NnYsk7jfUTE