Page 642 of 662 FirstFirst ... 142542592632638639640641642643644645646652 ... LastLast
Results 9,616 to 9,630 of 9921
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Also considering Cerebro is actively downloading the memories of every mutant on Earth, it must know where they all are. Obviously there may be exceptions but it wouldnt be hard to locate them

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. I wonder if these previews are all the cool Storm panels in the issue or if there will be more.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Jean and Scott UNFORTUNATELY are not as popular as they THINK they are.

Wolverine is the THE most popular X-Man to be honest and truthful. Storm does come second because she was something of a new start a new era of mutants.

IMO people knew Jean and Scott and they were boring.....sorry that was a fact. The only thing why Jean is even a factor again IMO is her Phoenix Saga. If that never happened Jean would be a nobody......sorry.
    sp dont apologize for telling the hard truth. lolol.
    here are the facts, both these characters had to take on attributes of storm to make them resonate with readers.

jean was given Phoenix to put her on the power levels of storm.
    cyclops attitude shift to rightclops was essentially his version of storm going punk.

our girl is often imitated never duplicated

#stormdidit1st
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    sp dont apologize for telling the hard truth. lolol.
    here are the facts, both these characters had to take on attributes of storm to make them resonate with readers.

jean was given Phoenix to put her on the power levels of storm.
    cyclops attitude shift to rightclops was essentially his version of storm going punk.

our girl is often imitated never duplicated

#stormdidit1st
    Fact of the matter is....The Original X-Men where not relatable. Ororo and Logan are. Put away power sets for a while and Storm and Wolverine are still interesting without powers. Not many mutants are interesting without powers.

Fact of the matter is....The Original X-Men where not relatable. Ororo and Logan are. Put away power sets for a while and Storm and Wolverine are still interesting without powers. Not many mutants are interesting without powers.
    what makes ororo interesting to you outside her powers? couldnt the same be said about cyclops and jean?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    This post made me scream! When she made it known that was but a fraction of her power and fury I was too through with her. I swear her entrance invokes the same dread of her threat to Sinister. She already had the huge winds and devastating waves. She only chose to hit ole dude with a ridiculous bolt. That’s my kind of lightning lass. A little speech about the many ways she could’ve dismantled his life would’ve been nice, but her “I don’t even know who you are” takes me out every time I read it.
    And the fact that she didn't know who he was but still pretty much told him "I don't know you but trust you don't want what I got for you boo." gave me life!!!

I was having my morning coffee and news reading and I sas this article about gamma rays in the atmosphere.

Attachment 90272

It said that they are very very fast emissions (milliseconds) but they are the most energetic natural emission that we can find on Earth. It'd be kind of cool seeing Ororo bring about this kind of stuff from the upper atmosphere (and the X-Men might have a way to depower Hulk with Ororo, Magneto and Polaris working together manipulating gamma energies).

Also red lightning would be amazing visually hahaha but maybe she already done that? Because I remember a scene with red lightning.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    And the fact that she didn't know who he was but still pretty much told him "I don't know you but trust you don't want what I got for you boo." gave me life!!!
    Baaaaaaaabbbbbbyyyyyyyyy.... that's exactly how I read it! The good sis is SHADING ZOWN, okay?

I'm taking all of this in with the same energy Ororo says she wants nothing to do with Emma. That's all on Kitty. I AM LIVING! We're getting so many beautiful displays of power from her. She's quick-witted and sharp as a tack. She has really been feeling herself since HOX/POX kicked off and I'm loving it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I was having my morning coffee and news reading and I sas this article about gamma rays in the atmosphere.

Attachment 90272

It said that they are very very fast emissions (milliseconds) but they are the most energetic natural emission that we can find on Earth. It'd be kind of cool seeing Ororo bring about this kind of stuff from the upper atmosphere (and the X-Men might have a way to depower Hulk with Ororo, Magneto and Polaris working together manipulating gamma energies).

Also red lightning would be amazing visually hahaha but maybe she already done that? Because I remember a scene with red lightning.
    Thank you for this. I'd love to see Storm play more with her colored lightning. She's doing it on the cover, but I want it canonized that she's plays with the intensity for her pleasure and the pain of her enemies.

I would totally welcome a deeper exploration of Storm and Polaris' relationship moving forward. They've both been giving valued input across this reboot. I'm interested to see where their ideologies align. And a few combined specials wouldn't hurt either.

Attachment 90272

this is interesting thank u.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Thank you for this. I'd love to see Storm play more with her colored lightning. She's doing it on the cover, but I want it canonized that she's plays with the intensity for her pleasure and the pain of her enemies.

I would totally welcome a deeper exploration of Storm and Polaris' relationship moving forward. They've both been giving valued input across this reboot. I'm interested to see where their ideologies align. And a few combined specials wouldn't hurt either.
    you know I've actually been wanting to see more of Polaris with her dad. I'm curious to see where her head is st with all of this krakoa stuff and her dad's role in it.

BANNED

this is interesting thank u.

you know I've actually been wanting to see more of Polaris with her dad. I'm curious to see where her head is st with all of this krakoa stuff and her dad's role in it.
    I also liked how Polaris and Magneto played off of each other. It's pretty dope seeing that she doesn't just follow him blindly either. She asks questions that any sensible person should. I want another X-women/X-tinction team title. All female all powerhouses.

BANNED

what makes ororo interesting to you outside her powers? couldnt the same be said about cyclops and jean?
    In a nut shell Storm can still whoop some ass without the need of powers. She’s cunning, smart, deadly and aggressive. As many other things. To me that is very interesting...to me.

Attachment 90272

Of Course!!! There is Gamma radiation in the atmosphere and I read somewhere they can be found in thunderstorms too. The X-Men have MANY ways of taking down the Hulk. Gamma radiation is nothing to people like Storm, Magneto and Polaris etc. If Storm can easily shrug off EM Radiation and Solar Radiation imo Gamma is no different and would be a cake walk for Storm.

But yes, I’d like to see those three use their powers together and take down The Overhyped, The Overrated, Unstoppable, Nobody can touch or harm Him HULK -_-
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 12-15-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Attachment 90272

She's used bolts of lightning that were colored red(in her first mini series in the 90's on an alternate dimensional planet), but she's never used sprites(the red colored upward arching electrical discharges) on panel, nor has she used the gamma bursts(or the anti-matter they create). I've studied these things over the years and occasionally bring them up in this or other forums. I would love to see her use them in the comics, but the writers don't seem to be interested in learning advanced meteorology.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    She's used bolts of lightning that were colored red(in her first mini series in the 90's on an alternate dimensional planet), but she's never used sprites(the red colored upward arching electrical discharges) on panel, nor has she used the gamma bursts(or the anti-matter they create). I've studied these things over the years and occasionally bring them up in this or other forums. I would love to see her use them in the comics, but the writers don't seem to be interested in learning advanced meteorology.
    Or they simply have NO IMAGINATION. And think Weather is just Water, Wind, Lightning and Clouds -_-

Or they simply have NO IMAGINATION. And think Weather is just Water, Wind, Lightning and Clouds -_-
    The gamma bursts and anti-matter would be a quantum leap for her in battle. She's stacked enough as is, imagine her being able to obliterate any matter(including adamantium). They ain't ready for that.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Glad you guys liked the picture hahaha. If someone is interested in the thunderstorm research being made by the International Space Station here's the full article http://www.esa.int/Science_Explorati..._thunderclouds . I hope they discover more fun stuff and some Marvel writer catches up on it hahaha.

I wish they had more fun with the scientific side of her powers, especially now that she's classified as an Omega. Lightning bolts have become a bit boring and I'd rather see her do stuff with the EM spectrum at this point, or finer applications of water and air manipulation.
    Last edited by Veitha; 12-15-2019 at 11:34 AM.