Page 465 of 662 FirstFirst ... 365415455461462463464465466467468469475515565 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    So I apologize for keeping you all waiting. its been a busy day. the first bit of news, which wasnt what I wanted to tell you all earlier, is that #stormdeservesamovie is trending on Twitter today. I thought that was a nice bit of news considering what I was going to inform you guys earlier.

As some of you may be aware, I created a petition a little over a year ago asking that Marvel acknowledge Ororo's godhead and that Ororo finally get the solo ongoing with Coates/Bartel on the creative team. The petition received a lot of support from storm fans and comic fans alike. The petition was even signed by the gorgeous and talented Miss Bartel herself!!! There have been some who have stated that they didnt know if Hickman would acknowledge what coates has done or that he straight up wouldnt acknowledge it.

Well today I can officially tell you we dont have to wait for Hickman or any other xwriter to acknowledge this based upon the information Ororo101 shared with me today. For those of you who do not know, The Marvel Book is an assortment of information that acts in many ways as a Marvel encyclopedia or roadmap that provides details on the Multiverse, Science and Technology, War and Peace, Cosmic Forces, Magic and the Supernatural, and Alternate Realities - that form the foundations of Marvel Comics. Within this roadmap Storm has officially been stated to be a goddess temporarily powered by faith and listed as a God of wakanda:

Storms dedicated page:

So as of today Ororo officially has a new ability that amplifies her power. To what degree, as they say, keep reading true believers, but I think this is truly remarkable what Coates has done for this character. Though I cant confirm the petition was the reason this happened I'm most certainly sure it didnt hurt in bringing awareness to what coates did for this character. So in that I declare a victory in this petition and its efforts to finally make it official to where NO ONE can challenge those fans who have loved coates new development. Again, I want to thank all the storm fans from the bottom of my heart for loving ororo just as much or even more than me and fighting for her to get the respect she deserves! Now let's move forward in getting the solo movie and solo ongoing for her as well!! After this win there is nothing I don't think we can achieve when United!!!

I love you guys so much!!!

#hadariyao
    Very nice find Kyss & Ororo101. I ordered a copy of the book. I also liked that it gives a more comprehensive description of her abilities and skills (missing the thief skills but speaks them in the history recap).

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Celestials are space gods. Apocalypse inherited their technology, which can be viewed as divine power. Storm inherited it from her ancestors. Is there much of a difference?

how is technology or science now viewed as divinity? they say he inherited their technology which doesnt equate to divine power.

also his inheritance of this tech is externally based ororos ability comes from within.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    No really, unless you get a in-universe (setting) definition it really means nothing....
    agreed. this is why I want to review the informational book itself to see what marvels definition of this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Very nice find Kyss & Ororo101. I ordered a copy of the book. I also liked that it gives a more comprehensive description of her abilities and skills (missing the thief skills but speaks them in the history recap).
    you're welcome beloved! I ordered mine as well and will receive it on thurs!!! we can share notes once you get your version so we can discuss in detail. oh I missed your observation. that definitely should be listed in her lists of skills but glad it was captured in the history recap.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I didn't even notice before but looking at it again they gave Storm's mutant powers a big upgrade. Her fans knew she generated weather but most other official things that describe storms powers said she manipulated and control the weather but this says she generates and control it. Meaning we should never see a there isn't enough atmosphere in here to do anything panel again. I hope.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

you're welcome beloved! I ordered mine as well and will receive it on thurs!!! we can share notes once you get your version so we can discuss in detail. oh I missed your observation. that definitely should be listed in her lists of skills but glad it was captured in the history recap.
    Just read the preliminary reviews for Marauders #1. Adventures in poor taste gave a good rating but Newsarama...?I’ll wait for Storm fan reactions before making a final decision to pick it up or not, but....Newsarama describes it as a “spiritual” continuation of Gold...Gold!...which doesn’t bode well. Reddit didn’t have much but reaction there is at this issue is pretty Kitty centric, which makes sense, but still puts me off. Definitely don’t see a high level of excitement/connection with issue from the thread so far.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I didn't even notice before but looking at it again they gave Storm's mutant powers a big upgrade. Her fans knew she generated weather but most other official things that describe storms powers said she manipulated and control the weather but this says she generates and control it. Meaning we should never see a there isn't enough atmosphere in here to do anything panel again. I hope.
    I noticed that too, but I think it meant she can generate weather effects (irrespective of what may naturally occur in an area) but still needs the materials available to do it. Though I hope they meant what you stated !
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 10-22-2019 at 07:34 AM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Just read the preliminary reviews for Marauders #1. Adventures in poor taste gave a good rating but Newsarama...?I’ll wait for Storm fan reactions before making a final decision to pick it up or not, but....Newsarama describes it as a “spiritual” continuation of Gold...Gold!...which doesn’t bode well. Reddit didn’t have much but reaction there is at this issue is pretty Kitty centric, which makes sense, but still puts me off. Definitely don’t see a high level of excitement/connection with issue from the thread so far.

I noticed that too, but I think it meant she can generate weather effects (irrespective of what may naturally occur in an area) but still needs the materials available to do it. Though I hope they meant what you stayed !
    They need to or im hitting someone up with the definition of generate. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I noticed that too, but I think it meant she can generate weather effects (irrespective of what may naturally occur in an area) but still needs the materials available to do it. Though I hope they meant what you stated !
    hey love!! all the reviews that I have read of this issue have been good but as you said it is very kitty centric. I'm just not here for her after gold so unless there is some revelation about this title that pushes me to pick it up I will most definitely be saving my coins. so I'm definitely in alignment to your thoughts on this.

Yea. As much as a stan as I am I dont think they meant generate from nothing. She has to work within the means of what is available UNLESS we start getting into the omega level portions of this which may mean she doesnt need resources as her unlimited potential allows her to exceed this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

hey love!! all the reviews that I have read of this issue have been good but as you said it is very kitty centric. I'm just not here for her after gold so unless there is some revelation about this title that pushes me to pick it up I will most definitely be saving my coins. so I'm definitely in alignment to your thoughts on this.

Yea. As much as a stan as I am I dont think they meant generate from nothing. She has to work within the means of what is available UNLESS we start getting into the omega level portions of this which may mean she doesnt need resources as her unlimited potential allows her to exceed this.
    Making oxygen or hydrogen or water appear where there is none sounds like a job only a god could accomplish......(and I dont mean matter manipulation but the creation "out of nothing" kind)
    Last edited by Daedra; 10-22-2019 at 11:28 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Making oxygen or hydrogen or water appear where there is none sounds like a job only a god could accomplish......
    Also why change it to generate.anipulate would imply she is creating weather from existing things but to generate something implys you are creating it. Like generator supplies power when there is none. Wouldnt it have been easier to keep the same copy paste used over the last several decades rather than change the word into one with a completely different meaning.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Making oxygen or hydrogen or water appear where there is none sounds like a job only a god could accomplish......(and I dont mean matter manipulation but the creation "out of nothing" kind)
    To be more specific in issue one of X-Men she was a literal weather generator. Like how you say she makes hydrogen and oxegon or water appear. There was no cloud in issue 1 when she made it rain. The lightning and rain for the hrakoa plant were literally generated from her body.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

yes I would agree with you here. I think the terms "generate" and "create" are different though. you can generate energy but as the law of thermodynamics tell us energy cannot be created or destroyed. it's simply transferred from one source to another. so in that case if the word generate is used I dont think its created from.nothing.

Also why change it to generate.anipulate would imply she is creating weather from existing things but to generate something implys you are creating it. Like generator supplies power when there is none. Wouldnt it have been easier to keep the same copy paste used over the last several decades rather than change the word into one with a completely different meaning.
    Who knows maybe that's what to be expected from her god-form, it would be a total power upgrade ......personally the thing I would love for Ororo to get out of her newfound godhood is better physical durability, I just wish for her to no loger be considered a glass cannon from non-fans, Storm has already displayed immense amounts of power but she kinda needs the physical stats that we have come to expect from gods such as they are portrayed in the marvel universe.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I wanted to be sure I understood the definition of generate so I looked it up and to get erate something doesnt mean you are creating it from nothing. think of a generator. it converts mechanical energy into electrical energy. that energy generated is neither created or destroyed . therefore I think the terminology used is correct.

Who knows maybe that's what to be expected from her god-form, it would be a total power upgrade ......personally the thing I would love for Ororo to get out of her newfound godhood is better physical durability, I just wish for her to no loger be considered a glass cannon from non-fans, Storm has already displayed immense amounts of power but she kinda needs the physical stats that we have come to expect from gods such as they are portrayed in the marvel universe.

She uses those energies to generate weather though. Everything is mad up of energy which can't as butterfly said id be created or destroy but it always exist. So shaping those energies allows her to be able to create weather where there was only energy before. For exame if I create a paper plane out of cardboard I still created it I just used n already existing material. A lot.of people can tap into the same energies that storm for but they can't use it to generate or create weather though they may be able to create some other phenomenon. It takes her powers out of the realm of there isn't atmosphere for me to manipulate and puts it into place where she can collage those energies into weather.

I don't really mind the physical thing but I donthink she will need it if they plan to put her against other gods in a more realistic manner.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I wanted to be sure I understood the definition of generate so I looked it up and to get erate something doesnt mean you are creating it from nothing. think of a generator. it converts mechanical energy into electrical energy. that energy generated is neither created or destroyed . therefore I think the terminology used is correct.
    That's fine when it comes to energy but what about matter? Would ororo be able to generate hydrogen atoms?
    Last edited by Daedra; 10-22-2019 at 11:50 AM.

To be more specific in issue one of X-Men she was a literal weather generator. Like how you say she makes hydrogen and oxegon or water appear. There was no cloud in issue 1 when she made it rain. The lightning and rain for the hrakoa plant were literally generated from her body.

remember what a generator actually does though. it doesnt create energy from nothing. I'm inclined to think what lordalmighty said a while ago that she took the moisture from around her body to create the rain.