Page 452 of 662 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502552 ... LastLast
Results 6,766 to 6,780 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    interesting I never looked at it in that manner but I guess u could call describe it as such as well.
    I could be wrong but given her powers she would have to pull the water from another location to water the plant.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

exactly I agree with you here. did you hear Claremont is coming back?? I hope he gets to write storm. I would love to know what he thinks about what coates is doing.
    I got super excited for a sec. where did you read this? A d do you have a link to the spoilers for X-Men #1?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I could be wrong but given her powers she would have to pull the water from another location to water the plant.
    I agree with you here beloved. you're absolutely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I got super excited for a sec. where did you read this? A d do you have a link to the spoilers for X-Men #1?
    I will have to swe if I can find it. apparently he hinted at this at nycc

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/10...-larroca-nycc/

found it
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

thanks for your detailed response.

there have been at least two instances I can recall that directly reference her to being something beyond a mutant. one was in her mini before the storm and the other a story written by Claremont I believe in xtreme. so there is some precedence there. I'm just not sure if this is exactly where coates got the inspiration for his story. I honestly think that this is what his solo would have been about exploring this and further developing it. the xoffices have not worked with him in this endeavor has not helped his vision for the character along.

in regards to your second point I was hoping to hear more about the different gods and their place within the wakandan mythos so I can understand you there lol.

to your last point I'm not convinced shes actually a wakandan God so bast unlocking this I'm not sure would align to what he is doing. I believe her to be a descendant of one of the Kenyan gods or pantheon as remember she was worshipped as a goddess in this land which has ties to the bright lady (which I dont believe her to be a wakandan goddess either). so all in all, though some wakandans may worship her I dont believe her to be a part of the orishas.
    I think I've seen the issues you're referring to and I agree that since her introduction it's been clearly emphasized that Storm is more than a mutant. Yea, she's primarily a mutant and X-Man, but there is an ancestral divinity that's been hinted at for years but never explicitly defined. The strong association with white magic and the constant praises to a "goddess" made me think that she's some sort of descendant of Oshtur, the Bright Lady. That and the fact that we've seen an ancestor of hers worship Oshtur in what could easily be understood to be a form of ancestor worship, which was not unknown in many parts of ancient Egypt. It's also been stated that Oshtur has taken a special interest in her family's bloodline but I forgot where I read that.

I definitely think Coates has been trying to weave those older stories back into the present, it's just he's likely tip toeing around it due to editorial. The idea of even a partially goddess Storm isn't very popular among X-fans so there's probably some hesitation to confirm it outright.

Yea I don't think Storm is an actual Wakandan god either, she's more a pan-African weather goddess that's picked up some followers in the kingdom. So the idea of having Bast recognize her as a kind of "sister" and then letting her take on the rights of a god (like entering their realm) feels like a way of demonstrating how she specifically relates to the Wakandan pantheon. What we've gotten so far feels really murky and unnecessarily complex.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I think I've seen the issues you're referring to and I agree that since her introduction it's been clearly emphasized that Storm is more than a mutant. Yea, she's primarily a mutant and X-Man, but there is an ancestral divinity that's been hinted at for years but never explicitly defined. The strong association with white magic and the constant praises to a "goddess" made me think that she's some sort of descendant of Oshtur, the Bright Lady. That and the fact that we've seen an ancestor of hers worship Oshtur in what could easily be understood to be a form of ancestor worship, which was not unknown in many parts of ancient Egypt. It's also been stated that Oshtur has taken a special interest in her family's bloodline but I forgot where I read that.

I definitely think Coates has been trying to weave those older stories back into the present, it's just he's likely tip toeing around it due to editorial. The idea of even a partially goddess Storm isn't very popular among X-fans so there's probably some hesitation to confirm it outright.

Yea I don't think Storm is an actual Wakandan god either, she's more a pan-African weather goddess that's picked up some followers in the kingdom. So the idea of having Bast recognize her as a kind of "sister" and then letting her take on the rights of a god (like entering their realm) feels like a way of demonstrating how she specifically relates to the Wakandan pantheon. What we've gotten so far feels really murky and unnecessarily complex.
    Wait, When did Bast refer to Storm as “Sister”??

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

1. I was going to ask do you have a scan that talks to oshtur and her family's bloodline.

2. why do you think xfans do not like her being a goddess? I just think if writers or the xoffices arent aligned to certain things outside their offices why give the green light to another office to use the character - it makes no sense.

3. I'm hoping that as coates progresses in these stories her connections to divine become less murky. I'm hopeful it will.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Out girl is amazing in X-men #1. What stands out here is her voice and her character. It is instant. Storm is the protector of mutant kind. The girl doesn't give herself a break to rest and the scene where the robot snuck up makes sense when you find out they have been going on this orichi's missions non stop. Storm shows compassion to the post human. My favorite line "What must man feel about themselves to treat others this way." In response to seeing humans in status tubes that were being turned post human. Then after it all wanting to stay with two mutant children that was giving off a lot of energy rather than resting. This was such an amazing Storm read. This was honestly more than i could ask for in regard to Ororo's voice and presense. Scott and Ororo are magic as friends. 10/10 from me.

I know this is a little jumbled but i'm still processing. Just wow.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I enjoyed the balance between ororo being militaristic and compassionate. she doesnt hate all humans; shes just tired of fighting the same battles. I also liked she was able to sense the energy the younger mutants were giving off so she stayed to ensure they were ok. overall it was a nice storm read today.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

I enjoyed the balance between ororo being militaristic and compassionate. she doesnt hate all humans; shes just tired of fighting the same battles. I also liked she was able to sense the energy the younger mutants were giving off so she stayed to ensure they were ok. overall it was a nice storm read today.
    Cool. Nice to hear. The balance is important.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Cool. Nice to hear. The balance is important.
    yes and its funny you choose to use the word balance. we know that is a key aspect of the hadari yao to preserve the balance of all natural things.

I'm curious what maurauders will bring us next week.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

yes and its funny you choose to use the word balance. we know that is a key aspect of the hadari yao to preserve the balance of all natural things.

I'm curious what maurauders will bring us next week.
    Nope, you used the word balance first in your post. I honed in on it because it's important, not only due to how Coates has chosen to define Ororo's divinity, but because I despise the idea of her being written as some kind of cultish zealot. To me, Ororo is a pretty well-rounded character--both logical and passionate in her beliefs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Out girl is amazing in X-men #1. What stands out here is her voice and her character. It is instant. Storm is the protector of mutant kind. The girl doesn't give herself a break to rest and the scene where the robot snuck up makes sense when you find out they have been going on this orichi's missions non stop. Storm shows compassion to the post human. My favorite line "What must man feel about themselves to treat others this way." In response to seeing humans in status tubes that were being turned post human. Then after it all wanting to stay with two mutant children that was giving off a lot of energy rather than resting. This was such an amazing Storm read. This was honestly more than i could ask for in regard to Ororo's voice and presense. Scott and Ororo are magic as friends. 10/10 from me.

I know this is a little jumbled but i'm still processing. Just wow.
    Yup. I agree. Storm was great today this made me smile. I LOVED THIS BOOK.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Nope, you used the word balance first in your post. I honed in on it because it's important, not only due to how Coates has chosen to define Ororo's divinity, but because I despise the idea of her being written as some kind of cultish zealot. To me, Ororo is a pretty well-rounded character--both logical and passionate in her beliefs.
    my bad. but I agree with your last point. it does appear ororo has cause to feel the way she does towards orchis.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yup. I agree. Storm was great today this made me smile. I LOVED THIS BOOK.
    though I liked Ororo's characterization I thought the issue was just ok. it wasnt as good as hox was to me.

Dialogue was a bit stiff but the characterisation was good overall.

My issue with it is that (beyond the Grey-Summers moon settlement / and the Orchis cliffhanger) it didn't really add much to the story of HOX/POX.

I hope this doesn't mean that the run is going to be super decompressed :/