Page 181 of 662 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yes, when she had the White Wakandan Outfit.....

Oof that WAS a good one too. I know a lot of people hated the Bianchi Wakanda outfit but chalk it up to different taste I guess, it’s one of my favorites. Regally beautiful, Goddess level flowiness, and respective to her culture and her people(at the time). Ghost Boxes could get stuck in the mud plot-wise sometimes but the character interactions were everything. Between #28 and #30 are some of the best Emma/Storm interaction scenes. I loved how casually the team would struggle to fight certain foes and then Ororo would stroll in, lift a finger, and disperse them with a thought. And you’re right, it flowed perfectly and didn’t feel off balance at all. Everyone shined where they needed to and in their own personal way and I loved it. Have to go give that a re-read now!

Attachment 83434

Attachment 83435

Another one of my favorite scenes as they were leaving the newly destroyed ruins of “Maker’s” fortress. Everyone is chatting and talking about the mission when Scott notices she’s quiet. She says she’s fine when he asks her and he accepts it, and the last thing we see is the rain pouring down on the blackbird from the outside. Such a beautiful way to end a story and really show interest in displaying the emotional nuances of Ororo’s powers as well as the active ones. Really was a great run!

Attachment 83436

Attachment 83437

Apologies, I’m not sure how to get those pictures bigger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Oof that WAS a good one too. I know a lot of people hated the Bianchi Wakanda outfit but chalk it up to different taste I guess, it’s one of my favorites. Regally beautiful, Goddess level flowiness, and respective to her culture and her people(at the time). Ghost Boxes could get stuck in the mud plot-wise sometimes but the character interactions were everything. Between #28 and #30 are some of the best Emma/Storm interaction scenes. I loved how casually the team would struggle to fight certain foes and then Ororo would stroll in, lift a finger, and disperse them with a thought. And you’re right, it flowed perfectly and didn’t feel off balance at all. Everyone shined where they needed to and in their own personal way and I loved it. Have to go give that a re-read now!

Attachment 83434

Attachment 83435
    Another one of my favorite scenes as they were leaving the newly destroyed ruins of “Maker’s” fortress. Everyone is chatting and talking about the mission when Scott notices she’s quiet. She says she’s fine when he asks her and he accepts it, and the last thing we see is the rain pouring down on the blackbird from the outside. Such a beautiful way to end a story and really show interest in displaying the emotional nuances of Ororo’s powers as well as the active ones. Really was a great run!

Attachment 83436

Attachment 83437
    Apologies, I’m not sure how to get those pictures bigger.
    Don't worry about the pics, i've seen them before. But yes, I LOVE this White Outfit I thought it was very cool. I love this Story because Storm literally was the ONLY Big Gun they had. I liked how she casually talks about sensing her surroundings and jumping out of the plane at high velocity just to catch up to a shuttle that's falling faster than she was and then she slows it's decent down anyway.

Her interactions with Emma were nice and not over the top. Her fight scenes were nicely done. This is how (IMO) Storm showed be written as a powerhouse....it works we have Stories that prove so. Another one is X-Men(2010)

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Great showcase of how formidable Storm can be in Uncanny X-Men #170:

Those are some of the greatest panels in all of sequential art. Paul Smith was on fire here!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Ok, new Topic people.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Great showcase of how formidable Storm can be in Uncanny X-Men #170:

Love this moment. Storm had to let Callisto know who the real boss was!
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Love this moment. Storm had to let Callisto know who the real boss was!
    While sick no less! She as still very much being affected by Plague's touch!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    While sick no less! She as still very much being affected by Plague's touch!
    Indeed.

I also like how she just walks off like it ain't no thang to her. This is the type of leadership that I want from Storm again.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Finally saw the movie, yeah Ice dispenser is **** lol. Has like....4 lines and the power display is...well they tried I'll give them that but still a mess when executed.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Ok, new Topic people.
    Taken from DC about Cyborg and why he has to keep a certain look. They state they have to keep his "ICONIC" look. Despite EVERYONE else changing looks MULTIPLE times.

So.... what is Storm's Iconic look to you?

The first appearance look.

However you can make a case for the Punk look.

The Cartoon of the 90s look.

X-Men Evolution look.

Halle Berry's movie look.

You can make a strong cases for any of them.

I would vote her "goddess" look. There is just something REGAL about it. It's the outfit that tells you this is baddest you know what in the room-so BEHAVE. Then again you look at it-I could see her as Queen of The Inhumans or some African country (NOT named Wakanda).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Taken from DC about Cyborg and why he has to keep a certain look. They state they have to keep his "ICONIC" look. Despite EVERYONE else changing looks MULTIPLE times.

So.... what is Storm's Iconic look to you?

The first appearance look.

However you can make a case for the Punk look.

The Cartoon of the 90s look.

X-Men Evolution look.

Halle Berry's movie look.

You can make a strong cases for any of them.

I would vote her "goddess" look. There is just something REGAL about it. It's the outfit that tells you this is baddest you know what in the room-so BEHAVE. Then again you look at it-I could see her as Queen of The Inhumans or some African country (NOT named Wakanda).
    To me IMO her Iconic look is her Mowhawk. That is one of her most iconic looks ever. Between that and her 90’s costume from the Tv show.

Storm Iconic look is definitely either her first or cartoon 90s look for me but I like her new look

I think captures all of the best elements from different looks for her

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

I think captures all of the best elements from different looks for her
    I agree. Whenever she shows up in the MCU (hopefully, as a mid-credits teaser in Black Panther 2), I hope this is her uniform.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.