Page 187 of 229 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 3433
  1. #2791
    Mighty Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hey boo. you bring up a very interesting and concerning point. I totally missed this when reading initially. I think your analysis is spot on but I would go just a bit further and say she is more concerned with balance. she brought forth chaos so that shuri could fix things. this would indicate her godhead is a being that is not benevolent entirely but is one that would allow for both bad and good to coexist to bring forth balance. nevertheless your point is correct.

    now based on this does it concern you? I definitely wouldnt want this to be another Jean grey/Phoenix type thing and I would hope that is not the direction coates and crew are going in with this reveal she is a goddess. the idea it has a different personality gives me pause because it would seem Ororo's consciousness is not at the forefront.
    it honestly doesn't bother me because i think the transformation in this aspect was more like Rogue Storm rather than Storm as you say consciously going into God Mod. In the Rogue storm story Storm was trapped in living chronium and her subconscious was able to run rampant and thus her powers transform her into a violent version of herself. One where he consciousness was not in control at all. Which was evident in that she had to snap out of it and then calm the storm before denying her own power. In this case there was more of a balance in that Storm was hearing the voice of her Goddess mode, meaning she is now aware of what is there whether she consciously realises it or not. The fungus though was drawing that subconscious part of her out while her conscious part was awake so as you said instead of just straight destroying things and relishing in the elements like Rogue Storm, this God Storm was more like ororo in that it was aware of the situation and what Shuri was doing and created the chaos so Shuri could fix things. Another big difference is Storm didn't remember what happened so it says to me this is Storm and just different aspects of her as oppose to Dark Phoenix where Jean was influenced by an outside entity that brought out her base desires. Basically our girl has to start releasing that grip on her emotions and start to control them properly. cause she is repressed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  2. #2792
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    it honestly doesn't bother me because i think the transformation in this aspect was more like Rogue Storm rather than Storm as you say consciously going into God Mod. In the Rogue storm story Storm was trapped in living chronium and her subconscious was able to run rampant and thus her powers transform her into a violent version of herself. One where he consciousness was not in control at all. Which was evident in that she had to snap out of it and then calm the storm before denying her own power. In this case there was more of a balance in that Storm was hearing the voice of her Goddess mode, meaning she is now aware of what is there whether she consciously realises it or not. The fungus though was drawing that subconscious part of her out while her conscious part was awake so as you said instead of just straight destroying things and relishing in the elements like Rogue Storm, this God Storm was more like ororo in that it was aware of the situation and what Shuri was doing and created the chaos so Shuri could fix things. Another big difference is Storm didn't remember what happened so it says to me this is Storm and just different aspects of her as oppose to Dark Phoenix where Jean was influenced by an outside entity that brought out her base desires. Basically our girl has to start releasing that grip on her emotions and start to control them properly. cause she is repressed.

    ok and this is why I love you guys here. this breakdown of the issue is so lovely. so based upon your analysis there are different pathways to this form. in this instance her godhead formed out of a desire to correct a threat and a need to bring forth balance; it wasnt a conscious effort on Ororo's part as she hasn't truly embraced this aspect of herself. And agreed to your last statement. She has done nothing but try to denounce the whole goddess thing, and achieving ultimate power. This would be cool if that in power is now trying to surface in an effort to give balance to the emotions and struggles within her. I truly love your insight here thank you for your explanation. this has me excited on where things will go with this development.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #2793
    Mighty Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ok and this is why I love you guys here. this breakdown of the issue is so lovely. so based upon your analysis there are different pathways to this form. in this instance her godhead formed out of a desire to correct a threat and a need to bring forth balance; it wasnt a conscious effort on Ororo's part as she hasn't truly embraced this aspect of herself. And agreed to your last statement. She has done nothing but try to denounce the whole goddess thing, and achieving ultimate power. This would be cool if that in power is now trying to surface in an effort to give balance to the emotions and struggles within her. I truly love your insight here thank you for your explanation. this has me excited on where things will go with this development.
    thanks. I also like to think it's connected to the threat as well. This would also connect with many situations in the past where we saw Storm unleash power that even she herself was surprised at. If as hadari yao storm is truly connected to the balance of all things as we already know she is connected to earth. Her inner godhead could also be responding to the level of threat. Like when she sensed what was going on in Wakanda was unnatural. Perhaps the encounter with the Orisha has alerted something in Ororo. It's interesting that between black panther and shuri this is the most frequently Storm has encoutnered "god level" threats. Her fighting it definitely isn't helping.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  4. #2794
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    thanks. I also like to think it's connected to the threat as well. This would also connect with many situations in the past where we saw Storm unleash power that even she herself was surprised at. If as hadari yao storm is truly connected to the balance of all things as we already know she is connected to earth. Her inner godhead could also be responding to the level of threat. Like when she sensed what was going on in Wakanda was unnatural. Perhaps the encounter with the Orisha has alerted something in Ororo. It's interesting that between black panther and shuri this is the most frequently Storm has encoutnered "god level" threats. Her fighting it definitely isn't helping.
    indeed. now explain this to me if you dont mind. what about this particular threat do you think made it to where the hadari yao had such a strong desire to surface. it seemed shuri was on the verge of being able to defeat the creature. and you bring up another interesting point. these threats she has been facing have been God level as if the franchise is preparing us for something. keep in mind the first solicit for fearless states she will face a threat only a goddess could handle.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-19-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #2795

    Default

    Yaaass you guys are getting me so excited for her future.

  6. #2796
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    3,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you bring up another interesting point. whst if this is the roguestorm persona trying to surface? you know coates and Crew have been doing their homework. maybe this persona is roguestorm unleashed and embraced. I still think the fungus had her trippig9a bit because the last time she entered her godhead mode she was fully aware and in control of her power.
    It is POSSIBLE, but as I re-read the issue again i'm going to say No it's not RogueStorm. Because RogueStorm was a lot more destructive than this one wanted to destroy Everyone including her friends. In this case she ended up helping Shuri. Goddess Storm still seemed like she knew what was going on, but the words she was saying also seemed like she was a bit crazy. So, MAYBE the Fungus had her a bit loopy, but I also, think she wasn't THAT loopy. The second persona is an interesting topic, but now that I think about it....I don't see how when we already saw Goddess Storm and she wasn't crazy. So, why all of a sudden does she have this extra persona....I mean I think that's cool, but that's random and it contradicts what we say before hand.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  7. #2797
    Mighty Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It is POSSIBLE, but as I re-read the issue again i'm going to say No it's not RogueStorm. Because RogueStorm was a lot more destructive than this one wanted to destroy Everyone including her friends. In this case she ended up helping Shuri. Goddess Storm still seemed like she knew what was going on, but the words she was saying also seemed like she was a bit crazy. So, MAYBE the Fungus had her a bit loopy, but I also, think she wasn't THAT loopy. The second persona is an interesting topic, but now that I think about it....I don't see how when we already saw Goddess Storm and she wasn't crazy. So, why all of a sudden does she have this extra persona....I mean I think that's cool, but that's random and it contradicts what we say before hand.
    I think it was more her subconscious given voice. Every God has a purpose and perhaps the fungus was affecting that. Everything in there was unnatural and perhaps the goddess in storm was waiting to destroy it. Notice shuri said that the fungus were created due to the vibranium andstorma subconscious at least yo me knew this and was biding it's time. It told her to "go inside..." Then told her almost there and when storm was at what looked like the center she destroyed everything in there. Look at her lines.

    This place is stale and needs air.- shuri said the mines were posioned and she had to create a pill.
    "Things must come to a stop so you can end things."- that's when she blew away the creature and told shuri to go after it while she continued to destroy the mining machines and all of the fungus before stopping. Now it is us to debate if she stopped because of the pill or simply because the goddess did what she had to do. Either way storm wasn't aware of what needed to happen on a conscious level which is why I think this is something she has to start embracing.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  8. #2798
    Mighty Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    indeed. now explain this to me if you dont mind. what about this particular threat do you think made it to where the hadari yao had such a strong desire to surface. it seemed shuri was on the verge of being able to defeat the creature. and you bring up another interesting point. these threats she has been facing have been God level as if the franchise is preparing us for something. keep in mind the first solicit for fearless states she will face a threat only a goddess could handle.

    My theory above.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  9. #2799
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    17,014

    Default

    new behind Scenes Storm Dark Phoenix

    https://www.instagram.com/p/By6AD_ch-9j/

  10. #2800
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Yaaass you guys are getting me so excited for her future.
    it is very exciting. I'm uncertain of this idea there's a different persona within her trying to get out to preserve the balance of all natural things; however, it's the most interesting thing to happen to her on a long time. much more interesting than having a baby pop up on you to tell give you a up close and personal Maury shaw


    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It is POSSIBLE, but as I re-read the issue again i'm going to say No it's not RogueStorm. Because RogueStorm was a lot more destructive than this one wanted to destroy Everyone including her friends. In this case she ended up helping Shuri. Goddess Storm still seemed like she knew what was going on, but the words she was saying also seemed like she was a bit crazy. So, MAYBE the Fungus had her a bit loopy, but I also, think she wasn't THAT loopy. The second persona is an interesting topic, but now that I think about it....I don't see how when we already saw Goddess Storm and she wasn't crazy. So, why all of a sudden does she have this extra persona....I mean I think that's cool, but that's random and it contradicts what we say before hand.
    Goddess storm was definitely aware of what has happening but when she is at the forefront what happens to Ororos mind? As you mentioned, she tapped into this power two times already and there was no indication there was another personality playing in the background. so agree with all the last part of what you said.

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think it was more her subconscious given voice. Every God has a purpose and perhaps the fungus was affecting that. Everything in there was unnatural and perhaps the goddess in storm was waiting to destroy it. Notice shuri said that the fungus were created due to the vibranium andstorma subconscious at least yo me knew this and was biding it's time. It told her to "go inside..." Then told her almost there and when storm was at what looked like the center she destroyed everything in there. Look at her lines.

    This place is stale and needs air.- shuri said the mines were posioned and she had to create a pill.
    "Things must come to a stop so you can end things."- that's when she blew away the creature and told shuri to go after it while she continued to destroy the mining machines and all of the fungus before stopping. Now it is us to debate if she stopped because of the pill or simply because the goddess did what she had to do. Either way storm wasn't aware of what needed to happen on a conscious level which is why I think this is something she has to start embracing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    My theory above.

    thanks boo. again I think your assessment is really spot on but as sp mentioned this voice talking to her didnt occur before. until it is further explained I will attribute this to the fungi lol.





    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-19-2019 at 03:18 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  11. #2801
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,523

    Default

    Godhead mode reminds me of the Fox animated series when she would lose control of her emotions and go HAM.

  12. #2802
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Godhead mode reminds me of the Fox animated series when she would lose control of her emotions and go HAM.
    lolol.

    one good friend mentioned this reminded them or sang going into the avatar state. I think I like that one. it could give her access to knowledge of the earlier white haired women in her bloodlines. I also liked how the hadari yao knew what shuri needed to do to defeat the beast.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  13. #2803
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Godhead mode reminds me of the Fox animated series when she would lose control of her emotions and go HAM.
    Kinda like:


    This is still my favorite animated version of Storm.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  14. #2804
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Kinda like:


    This is still my favorite animated version of Storm.
    hands down the best version to grace television or film.... period!

    now I dont know how a wooded slab could hold her but I wont nickpick about that lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  15. #2805
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,628

    Default

    I really hope they extent on the Godhood story. I would love to see history recon a little, maybe have Storm being a goddess since the start of mankind.

    Which was one of origin stories of i remember correctly.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 06-19-2019 at 03:56 PM.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •