Page 305 of 662 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315355405 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    How do you know she is eating Fish?? Where does it state she is eating Fish??? Again nothing is wrong with Storm being Vegan. As far as canon she’s only had 1 hamburger.

I agree. Nothing in that scans Says that Storm is eating Meat.

Rogue asked a question without actually identifying what food it is. And Storm say “Yep” so we can assume that is meat at all. Hell she is talking about a soup.
    ahow would she know it's delicious if she had not eaten it before and has only had one burger?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-21-2019 at 09:32 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why would they be looking at stuff not associated with the meal she is making? everything rogue asked her was in context to her catering to tchalla.
    You stated she ate Fish. That’s not what the scan said.Therefore Storm didn’t eat Fish. There’s is no context that supports your Fish statement. Rogue didn’t mention Fish nobody did. So, how do you know this Wakanda-Kenyan Food has Fish in it??? Makes no sense.

BANNED

ahow would she know it's delicious if she had not eaten it before and has only had one burger?
    How do you even know she had fish? That 1 Burger could have been the catalyst of Storm going Vegan who knows. So, now this forces me to go back to my early statement. When was the last time Storm actually ate meat.

You stated she ate Fish. That’s not what the scan said.Therefore Storm didn’t eat Fish. There’s is no context that supports your Fish statement. Rogue didn’t mention Fish nobody did. So, how do you know this Wakanda-Kenyan Food has Fish in it??? Makes no sense.

at the very beginning of the shopping ororo tells rogue she is going teach her a little something since they wanted to join her. she starts with plantains and before checking out she tells her about the fish in stews. it makes sense if you take into context what was said by ororo and she said the fish added to the stews is delicious. it's no way she would know that unless she ate it herself.

How do you even know she had fish? That 1 Burger could have been the catalyst of Storm going Vegan who knows. So, now this forces me to go back to my early statement. When was the last time Storm actually ate meat.

storm has not ever been a vegan. by definition a vegan is someone who doesnt eat or use animal products. ororo has had breakfast, lunch, dinners with all types of meat or animal products

Turkey and pig with doom, eggs and bacon with misty, hamburgers with Logan, and fish with tchalla, ororo has NEVER been a vegan. nothing wrong with that if she had been showcased as such over the years but she has not. this change must have occurred when she went to age of x universe. lol

and to answer your question, from what I can find the last time she had meat that was shown was either in wakanda forever or bp&c. I would say wakanda forever. and I'm sure we will see her eat meat again at some point. now answer a question for me, when has she ever been shown to be opposed to animal products outside of fearless?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-22-2019 at 12:00 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Were y'all really just discussing and debating for 5 pages about Storm eating meat? I mean do we really care lol. Does that affect her powers or personality? NOPE

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Were y'all really just discussing and debating for 5 pages about Storm eating meat? I mean do we really care lol. Does that affect her powers or personality? NOPE
    Chile if you read fearless her being vegan did affect her personality. and not in a good way. I don't think anyone can read it and say otherwise.

The best way to settle it is to just say Storm is trying out being a vegan. Ive had plenty of friends that claimed to be vegan at one point and it lasted like 3 weeks. There's enough evidence to suggest that she is a meat eater and her given it up is a recent thing and not one that will last beyond that one issue

Personally i don't have a problem with storm being vegan, i was vegan for a year a couple years ago and there is nothing wrong with it. What i did have a problem with was the context, the context of how it came out felt more like the writer connecting veganism with enviornmentalism and that isn't the case. There are enviornmentally conservative ways to obtain food. Local farmers, farmers market, etc. So it's not the actually veganism and in the grand scheme of things it wasn't really necessary other than the writer wanted to connect the two.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Chile if you read fearless her being vegan did affect her personality. and not in a good way. I don't think anyone can read it and say otherwise.
    I thought it was vegetarian though, love? And I feel like the characters overall are lacking any zest or personal flair as well as the story too. You can’t find a distinct personality trait between the lot of them. I don’t believe it had anything to do with her supposed diet choices.

I honestly feel like Storm would eat meat if someone else prepared it i.e dinner, lunch, breakfast but she wouldn't cook it for herself often
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The best way to settle it is to just say Storm is trying out being a vegan. Ive had plenty of friends that claimed to be vegan at one point and it lasted like 3 weeks. There's enough evidence to suggest that she is a meat eater and her given it up is a recent thing and not one that will last beyond that one issue
    I can rock with this theory lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I thought it was vegetarian though, love? And I feel like the characters overall are lacking any zest or personal flair as well as the story too. You can’t find a distinct personality trait between the lot of them. I don’t believe it had anything to do with her supposed diet choices.
    I was joking about the vegan thing warping her personality lol. but as you said all the characters were dry in the personality department.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    I honestly feel like Storm would eat meat if someone else prepared it i.e dinner, lunch, breakfast but she wouldn't cook it for herself often

this is fair too

Outside of Claremont. I thought Pak "Storm" 2nd Solo(2014), Warren Ellis "Storm" 1st Solo(1996), Eric Jerome Dickey "Storm" Mini Series (2006), Marc Sumerak "Ororo: Before The Storm" (2005), Chuck Kim "X-Men: Curse of the Mutants Storm and Gambit", Nnedi Okorafor "X-Men: Wakanda Forever" and "Avengers: Wakanda Forever", Christopher Yost "Worlds Apart", Scott Lobdell "X-Men Unlimited". IMO these writers where pretty Good for Storm and I think they captured her voice and powers very well. As for Coates he's OK. He's not the BEST, but he's good. Although, i'd like for him to write her a bit more for a better handle on how he really views and see's Storm.

Katie created that device. I'm sure she has some thing to do with it.

Hmm very interesting list. There are a couple on here I disagree with but for the most I agree. I would remove lobdell and Dickey, replace those with wood and willow.

And the fact that Katie created that gives me pause now too. maybe she is being mi d controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I'd love to see Storm and Krakoa bonding. She has the power to make Krakoa stronger. While Hickman had made me happy overall, I do wish he was more of a Storm fan. With that said, her future looks even brighter for the MCU. Outside Logan, Xavier and Magneto, she has the most potential of expanding out the XMEN especially after BP and CM.
    I missed this in the vegan discussion but this is very interesting. seeing that krakoa is a sentient being I'm not sure how this will impact her ability to bond with it. the past times shes tried to control sentient storms it didnt work in her favor. nevertheless, this would be interesting and if they do bond I wonder how it would impact or influence her behavior and thoughts.

BANNED

at the very beginning of the shopping ororo tells rogue she is going teach her a little something since they wanted to join her. she starts with plantains and before checking out she tells her about the fish in stews. it makes sense if you take into context what was said by ororo and she said the fish added to the stews is delicious. it's no way she would know that unless she ate it herself.

storm has not ever been a vegan. by definition a vegan is someone who doesnt eat or use animal products. ororo has had breakfast, lunch, dinners with all types of meat or animal products
    Fish was not apart of that sentence Storm Made. Fish was not referenced nor was Fish talked about by Rogue or Storm. There was no context that Fish was apart of this Wakandan-Kenyan delicacy. Nor was Fish even the subject of "Stew". Now, lastly Storm being a Vegan is totally fine the writer forcing it on Storm is distasteful, but the notion of her being Vegan is not that big of a problem.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 08-22-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Fish was not apart of that sentence Storm Made. Fish was not referenced nor was Fish talked about by Rogue or Storm. There was no context that Fish was apart of this Wakandan-Kenyan delicacy. Nor was Fish even the subject of "Stew". Now, lastly Storm being a Vegan is totally fine the writer forcing it on Storm is distasteful, but the notion of her being Vegan is not that big of a problem.
    what was written on the bag rogue was holding when she asked the question do people really eat this? what was ororos response regarding to the contents rogue was holding?

Attachment 86062

it was about dried gray fish. she doesnt need to say fish for the reader to know what she is talking about. Ororo also told her in response to Rogues comment about the contents she was holding the following:

Attachment 86063

Bottom line as I've said Ororo canonically was never a vegan. With Doom, with the xmen during Thanksgiving, with Logan, with Tchalla, with Misty shes always eaten meat or animal products. But you never answered my question. Outside of this fearless issue when has she ever expressed only being a vegetarian or vegan?

and I agree it's nothing wrong with her being a vegan but as I've proved through canon she was never vegan and that is something the writer did to propagate her ideals on what it means to be a "true" environmentalist.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-22-2019 at 11:22 AM.

I get that her being vegan wasn't always a thing, but I don't think there's anything wrong if they changed it and made her one.