Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
The difference between all the other writers whose take on Ororo and T'Challa's relationship and Coates, is that none of them wrote him as a clueless chump who had to be led around like a toddler.

Your self admitted inability to acknowledge this particular distinction is fascinating.
The whole premise of this post seems off to me. I’m not saying you’re wrong. I can see where you’re coming from. I just think our math is different. If I’m honest with myself, Storm is the one that was led around like a toddler. She had to be told that she’s a mutant on top of her godhead heritage. T’Challa did all the manipulating and scheming in S2. He knew exactly what was up. Ororo confirms it all at the end of #172. She herself tells us that T’Challa always knew. He has the answers even when he thinks he doesn’t. He wanted to be 100% sure. He made an observation, tested his hypothesis and confirmed his prediction. Ororo was led around with the tidbits of information he offered to her. There’s no way I could comfortably agree with the idea of T’Challa being led around like a child at all in S2. How, sway?

And if we’re going to continue with this idea that Coates’ Storm is known for talking down to T’Challa, why aren’t we taking ALL of what she says to him at face value? T’Challa is talking about a galactic Wakandan empire. Those are still HIS PEOPLE. He and Storm make multiple references this point. T’Challa is telling her how good his vision really is and yet he only saw the beauty on the surface of a Wakandan empire done the wrong way. Ororo follows up on his temporarily obscured line of sight with one of her own. She draws an explicit parallel between her surface level understanding of the African-American condition as she saw it. She had yet to realize she was a black girl from next door given who and what her daddy was.