Page 628 of 662 FirstFirst ... 128528578618624625626627628629630631632638 ... LastLast
Results 9,406 to 9,420 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Could that be interpreted as Coates being a double edged sword? If they've been holding back Storms' development in the X verse because she is being used as more than a support charcater somewhere else, is that why she is a minor character in the DoX titles? Is this similar the the marriage years, or was she treated with development on the X side during that time?
    It does sound like if she wasn't in BP they would've given her a book or something bigger than where she ended up, but at the same time Duggan has been saying for a while now she has bigger storylines coming so its sacrificing a big role now for keeping her development in Wakanda in their minds for the future. I guess we'll see if it was worth it but I'm just glad nothing is being ignored and they're taking in Storm's best interest rather than their own.

Could that be interpreted as Coates being a double edged sword? If they've been holding back Storms' development in the X verse because she is being used as more than a support charcater somewhere else, is that why she is a minor character in the DoX titles? Is this similar the the marriage years, or was she treated with development on the X side during that time?
    If they get Storm back, takes Coates with her.

Package deal.

Ultimate Member

That would also explain why outside of the solo, their relationship was expressed with vagueness. They were waiting to see what happens without committing to anything.
    But WHY?

Miles Morales appeared in 5 books at the same time-NONE of them waited on the other.
    With as many guys that appear in tons of books a month-why is this an issue?
    Who give a darn what Coates does in Panther with Storm? That does NOT excuse the X-Office from doing it's JOB with her. The job of DEVELOPMENT under the X-Men banner.

Because this is her franchise. Unless they write her out of it. Like we have seen with the Young Justice & Teen Titans.
    Because this is what they are doing....

Milestone lasted at DC from 1993-1997. DC only tossed out 1 black lead book between that era-ill fated Black Lightning book. Yes Steel & John Stewart had books but they were already running when Milestone started. Cyborg was in pieces or gold. Hotspot was introduced and killed. Amazing Man 2 introduced and killed. Vixen.....we won't go there. Nor with John Stewart and his mess.
    So no black character really got built up during those 4 years owned by DC.
    When Marvel began investing in Luke Cage, Panther, Miles, Shuri, Moon Girl, Voodoo (sort of), Blue Marvel and others. DC had NOBODY to counter.

This is what I see happening with not just Storm but all mutants of color. Letting OTHERS do the work and you do little to nothing.
    Storm should walking side by side with Riri, Moon Girl, Misty, Monica and Shuri. Not trailing behind them because no one can be bothered.

It should annoy all Storm fans the first black female at Marvel is treated like this. At a time black female lead books are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    This is my favorite Storm figure ever. I didn't know that Storm 90s costume would look so amazing in all-black!

More info here: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...x-men-figures/
    Fun fact, that costume WAS black but most people assumed it was white bc of TAS. The original intention was that it was so shiny that appeared white but most artists/colorists didint quite get that right with the limited pallete in comics in the early 90s

I can sorta see it as black when Jim Lee had it designed and here

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Fun fact, that costume WAS black but most people assumed it was white bc of TAS. The original intention was that it was so shiny that appeared white but most artists/colorists didint quite get that right with the limited pallete in comics in the early 90s

I can sorta see it as black when Jim Lee had it designed and here

Not my fave costume, especially when colorists overlook that it’s supposed to be black. It’s really just a sanitized modification of her much fiercer Silvestri costume.

BANNED

I only ever remember it as white, and I never liked it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Package deal.
    LOL NO! You take him.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

well there certainly is a lot to discuss. I listened to interview and didnt have the same response as some here did. I also will give my thoughts on the BP numbers. anyways, I will be back in a bit with my thoughts!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Outliers. 1010

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Outliers. 1010
    All meant to be black.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    All meant to be black.
    All two of them, yes. Doesn't change the fact that it was often colored white/silver, and I wasn't digging it.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Package deal.
    No eh! Jus no!
    Let Coates go shill his "fantasy novel" on Oprah and leave the comics world for those with actual talent. I wouldn't wish him on my most hated Marvel character far less anywhere near the X-books.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    But WHY?

Miles Morales appeared in 5 books at the same time-NONE of them waited on the other.
    With as many guys that appear in tons of books a month-why is this an issue?
    Who give a darn what Coates does in Panther with Storm? That does NOT excuse the X-Office from doing it's JOB with her. The job of DEVELOPMENT under the X-Men banner.

Because this is her franchise. Unless they write her out of it. Like we have seen with the Young Justice & Teen Titans.
    Because this is what they are doing....

Milestone lasted at DC from 1993-1997. DC only tossed out 1 black lead book between that era-ill fated Black Lightning book. Yes Steel & John Stewart had books but they were already running when Milestone started. Cyborg was in pieces or gold. Hotspot was introduced and killed. Amazing Man 2 introduced and killed. Vixen.....we won't go there. Nor with John Stewart and his mess.
    So no black character really got built up during those 4 years owned by DC.
    When Marvel began investing in Luke Cage, Panther, Miles, Shuri, Moon Girl, Voodoo (sort of), Blue Marvel and others. DC had NOBODY to counter.

This is what I see happening with not just Storm but all mutants of color. Letting OTHERS do the work and you do little to nothing.
    Storm should walking side by side with Riri, Moon Girl, Misty, Monica and Shuri. Not trailing behind them because no one can be bothered.

It should annoy all Storm fans the first black female at Marvel is treated like this. At a time black female lead books are out there.

Thank you for expressing this. We have to ask ourselves what Ororo's development has been in X books. Are her fans happy with her portrayal and storylines, in general, and in comparison to other X characters? What would we like to see from her moving forward? I agree, I don't think her inclusion in BP is a reason why she hasn't been given much of a focus or development in recent X-books. Now, I'm no expert on X-Men books, so those of you who are may have a different perspective or lens from which to judge Ororo's level of importance, worth, and quality panel time.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 12-09-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Thank you for expressing this. We have to ask ourselves what Ororo's development has been in X books. Are her fans happy with her portrayal and storylines, in general, and in comparison to other X characters? What would we like to see from her moving forward? I agree, I don't think her inclusion in BP is a reason why she hasn't been given much of a focus or development in recent X-books. Now, I'm no expert on X-Men books, so those of you who are may have a different perspective or lens from which to judge Ororo's level of importance, worth, and quality panel time.
    I know before BP she was more prominent in the x-books. I don't think any Storm fan can deny her appearances in x-books suffered due to her being in BP and never recovered since she left and came back. Granted that's on marvel but her status in BP has impacted her status in X-men from the beginning of the engagement.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/