Page 473 of 662 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483523573 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 9921
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Exactly...
    Aaah!
    Storm's attitude make sense, now. (I wasn't into all the garbage that was spewed prior to HoX).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    jealousy? Storm is loved and respected among the X-men and the others at the time largely tolerated her bc of Scott. You had other women openly disrespecting her like Kitty, Rachel and Psylocke, all of whom are close to Storm. Storm was also Jean's best friend and she knows she did wrong which added to the tension between them. Emma felt like an outsider and I think her shade was her own defense mechanism
    yea it does seem a lot would stem from jealousy but Emma has so much power and wealth. would she really only be jealous of the relationships she has formed with the other xwomen?

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Because Storm naturally has what Emma has had to lie, steal, and pay for. She doesn’t see the orphan who had to fight for everything. She sees the goddess born with looks and charisma and power.
    you better say all of this!! i guess when you look at it like that I could understand her resentment. do you think that any of it has to do with racism? maybe the idea she is this white wealthy woman and ororo, being black, makes it an even bigger blow to her ego?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea it does seem a lot would stem from jealousy but Emma has so much power and wealth. would she really only be jealous of the relationships she has formed with the other xwomen?

you better say all of this!! i guess when you look at it like that I could understand her resentment. do you think that any of it has to do with racism? maybe the idea she is this white wealthy woman and ororo, being black, makes it an even bigger blow to her ego?
    You've your telepaths mixed up, thats Jean who wanted to turn Storm into her house slave.

Storm controls the weather and was married to a King of a very resourceful country. She is an asset.
    Emma is collecting assets for a power move. No idea that move is at this point in time

IA. Storm can provide water to amplify Bobby's powers and Pyro can melt his ice to help amplify Storm's abilities. I want to see something like this for a triple combo attack where they loop back and forth
    Didn’t Storm already change liquid to gas (Hydroman) and ice to liquid (XXM issue before the arena) on her own? Controlling the state of water is part of her power set so Pyro and Bobby aren’t needed. I’d rather see Duggan really differentiate their abilities without writing them down, but also find a creative way to combine them. Absolute Zero and cryokinesis for Bobby, make a pyro a full on pyrokinetic like Crystal (create and control) and Storm as an atmokinetic that encompasses aerokinesis,hydrokinesis,thermokinesis,electrokine sis, EM and pressure gradients control.

with all the wealth and power she has, she is a rather lonely woman. Outside of her occasional students and Scott, whom does she really have? I think stuff like that bothers her more than she lets on

Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    Didn’t Storm already change liquid to gas (Hydroman) and ice to liquid (XXM issue before the arena) on her own? Controlling the state of water is part of her power set so Pyro and Bobby aren’t needed. I’d rather see Duggan really differentiate their abilities without writing them down, but also find a creative way to combine them. Absolute Zero and cryokinesis for Bobby, make a pyro a full on pyrokinetic like Crystal (create and control) and Storm as an atmokinetic that encompasses aerokinesis,hydrokinesis,thermokinesis,electrokine sis, EM and pressure gradients control.
    yes and Bobby himself has changed the state of liquid on his own as well but it would be a way to have all 3 work in unison, which I think would be cool.

BANNED

Racism is ingrained in our system, so it certainly should inform this to some degree even if it’s just a “how are you there while I’m stuck here with all the barriers you’ve faced and all the privilege I’ve had?” kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    You've your telepaths mixed up, thats Jean who wanted to turn Storm into her house slave.

Storm controls the weather and was married to a King of a very resourceful country. She is an asset.
    Emma is collecting assets for a power move. No idea that move is at this point in time

I wasnt expecting thst about Jean lolol.

and I agree with her being an asset and nothing more.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    I feel like pyrokinesis should be well whitin Ororo's range of abilities if she ever bothered to flex her muscles at it.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Racism is ingrained in our system, so it certainly should inform this to some degree even if it’s just a “how are you there while I’m stuck here with all the barriers you’ve faced and all the privilege I’ve had?” kind of thing.
    very good point. I would love to see that explored a bit.

with all the wealth and power she has, she is a rather lonely woman. Outside of her occasional students and Scott, whom does she really have? I think stuff like that bothers her more than she lets on

yes and Bobby himself has changed the state of liquid on his own as well but it would be a way to have all 3 work in unison, which I think would be cool.
    well that's by design she created the interactions she has. I dont feel sorry her.

have you guys ever attempted a list of the periodic table elements storm should be able to control?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Storm controls forces of nature so she really should be able to control the Phoenix Force

Storm controls forces of nature so she really should be able to control the Phoenix Force
    that's mostly an abstract force of reality, being sentient I don't think anyone could ever really control it, tap into the force it's what its users usually do

BANNED

My #headcanon says the Phoenix is wary of Storm because she more than anyone would have the restraint to keep it in check.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    have you guys ever attempted a list of the periodic table elements storm should be able to control?
    ooh this is a good question. honestly seeing that all.elements possess electrons she should be able to control them all.

BANNED

I don't know about you guys, but I think Fearless Acknowledge Storm's Godhood. Or I could be wrong. What ya'll think does this count????

The Invisible Woman says: "Most People don't argue with Literal Goddesses..."

Attachment 88633
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 10-23-2019 at 12:59 PM.