Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
Okay, so Wakanda is protecting several African Nations -- I don't see why that would be a problem.
that's not the issue that they are protecting African nations. the issue is that one happe s to be Ororo's home country which could lead to potential conflict between Ororo and Tchalla which I dont want.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
Storm shall Destroy Wakanda for her "Brother's and Sister's"!!!!
YES!! Thank You Hickman for bringing this GLORIOUS day to ME.
Attachment 87259
in your dreams hunny bunny. lol

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
Because he's black man that ain't falling for the white mutant supremacy of it. Storm can fall for it all she likes. I'm glad he's not curtailing to the mutant nation of Krakoa especially when they couldn't be bothered to take Bishop seriously. Lmao the idea that T'Challa is potentially anti-mutant when he's been running around with BOTH Ororo and Manifold in Wakanda and that's on top of him offering sanctuary for Nehzno and Muti (the mutant from Shuri's solo).
Yea Tchalla is taking a stand and considering the things his country has experienced I can understand his position.

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
Jean and Storm

I love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
Here is what I think, and I'm not saying my theory is a 100 percent. But looking at the seeds that are already planted, Ororo and T'Challa will be at odds, although not necessarily combative, but we will possibly see a split at some point.

They both will choose their respective positions, and from a narrative standpoint, we know why that is. Neither are exactly wrong in their decision, so bashing one or the other because---Waaaah! Why isn't Ororo or T'Challa standing by her/his significant other? Waaaah!--is not productive at all considering Hickman is writing a very "Shades of Grey" kind of narrative.

Plus, this will give me post AvX/Divorce fallout teas, and those times were hella annoying.

So once they make their positions known to one another (T'Challa basically has, going by HOX 5), they will probably split up--assuming they don't weather the storm (pun definitely intended).

And to add to that, there's probably a reason NuNakia is hanging around, unless she dies or something in the next few chapters of BP.
I hope you are wrong and I hope that Nunakia h@e does a tragic, horrible death... nah she just need to find a man in her own timeline. and stop being a homewrecker ok!!! t'choro forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
lovely!!!

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
I love Black Panther. But the conflict between Krakoa and Wakanda is very clearly spelled out in those pages, and drama is coming. No way it's going to be a non-issue.

I see both sides. I think Wakanda is completely in the right to distrust the mutants after AvX. And while I am cool with how Coates has portrayed the relationship with T'Challa/Ororo from what I've seen, if you're asking me to make a binary choice between seeing Ororo with the mutants or Ororo with T'Challa and Wakanda it's door #1 every time. And it'll always be that way for her, IMO.
I'm on the side where both sides will be sensible and understand each others position. but time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
This is something that I see happening as well. I think the romantic/intimate aspects of their relationship may potentially come to end for a little bit.
I hope not. coates said this is his favorite or one of his favorite wakandan couples. I dont see it going down without him fighting for it.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
The mutants almost destroyed the nation the last time they had this kind of power. They are now nigh-unkillable and have a nation populated by a number of nearly omnipotent mutants, some of whom are ancient villains.

I am on the X-Men's side, but I get it.
yup I would be on high alert if i were a nation that did not recognize krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
You and I have come up with two wildly different interpretations of what happened. It clearly says that Wakanda does not need Krakoan drugs to sustain themselves as a nation. They don't need it. They also don't need a link to Krakoa anywhere near Wakanda especially knowing that they're harboring EVERY MUTANT VILLAIN IN EXISTENCE. I don't think one of the smartest men on the globe would look at this scenario and think to himself, "oh, wow. Gee, that's a good idea."

It makes very little sense to someone who has a fondness for T'Challa and HIS personal sensibilities. Anyone who actually knows him should know that he walked away from the illuminati because he correctly deduced that they all were headed to calamity.

Your points about Kenya, which I really didn't consider until you brought it up, only serve to harden my resolve. T'Challa managed to bring Kenya into play and under HIS protection. Isnt that EXACTLY how Coates uses her in Wakanda? Isnt that HER role in his mythos according to HIS and SHURI'S solo? She was elevated to a protector of Wakanda - HIS HOME? Well, that's exactly what this story suggest he's done for Kenya. He's taken them under his protection and is providing aid. This certainly isnt his first time either. Are we seriously about to play like he hasn't donated BILLIONS to the mutant casyse prior to this? Again, I think many of the biases that come into against his character and the relationship with Storm tends to cloud what seems pretty logical to me. He loves Stotm and he himself has placed her on a pedestal in his country. Her given place one that can only be described as rivaling that of Bast herself. And now he's managed to take Kenya under his protection? That actually sounds like a gesture of love.

Excuse me, sir. You win my undying affections. I'm not sure how anyone that loves him and has an understanding of HIS love language in regards to Storm could ever assume he doesn't accept her because openly and blindly accept Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse, Selene, Frenzy, Sabertooth, Daken so on and so forth. A genuine understanding of his role and what he stands for couldn't possibly be allow for this line of thinking. That's why I'm saying the only way this particular lome of thinking holds any weight is if someone already personally doesn't like him and as a vested interest in seeing the relationship come to an end. PERIODT.

Say it louder for the worshippers of Hadari Yao all the way back in Alkama. Thank you and YES!

Yaaaasssss to all of this.. thank you for knocking some sense back into my head!!! I love the parallels you have brought to the forefront, each of them playing the role of protector in each other's home nation. Wouldnt it be amazing if through this parallelism we see them somehow usher in a new age where mutants and humans alike coexist without the need for separation?