Page 10 of 662 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110510 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Where are these scans from????

Attachment 76178
    Attachment 76179
    your images are super tiny lol. the last one where doom shoots ororo is from uncanny avengers (2012, remender) and its either issue 18 or 19.

the first one I've never seen but I'm still searching will get back to u on that one
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    your images are super tiny lol. the last one where doom shoots ororo is from uncanny avengers (2012, remender) and its either issue 18 or 19.

the first one I've never seen but I'm still searching will get back to u on that one
    Thanks.

I don't know why they are tiny, they seem normal to me.....

Thanks.

I don't know why they are tiny, they seem normal to me.....
    you're welcome. it may be because I'm using phone. the first issue with the "super spes" is from hulk vol 2, issue 20. its storms birthday in this particular issue.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I’ve always wanted Grace Jones to play Storm.

she would have been a perfect storm, especially during and after her punk phase

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I have to believe she was an inspiration for Punk Storm in the 80's, even if I know for certain it began as a joke and was inspired more by Mr. T.

life and death storm was definitely giving me grave.

BANNED

What if they choose Grace Jones to be Storm?......................

Oh, God...NO

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Apropos of nothing, I believe it was reported somewhere that Goddess Grace was the initial inspiration for a new (at the time) character called Dazzler. But yes...Punk Storm always made me think of Grace and vice versa.

Incredible Member

Yes, I remember all these speculations about who could play Storm! Iman Bowie was really popular until the moment someone saw her in Star Trek and how a terrible actress she was!
    Angela Basset was a strong contender especially after Strange Days! Grace Jones was already considered as too old at the time Cameron was attached to X-Men by the mid-nineties, but if they had made a movie in the 80's, she would have been a perfect cast for Punk Storm!

For me, the movies have not been kind to Storm, Halle Berry's incarnation was littered with inept dialogs, cheap wigs and bland stares and I don't even remember Alexandra Shipp from Apocalypse except for the Mohawk!
    So, my question is, who are the potential contenders for the role at the moment?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Apropos of nothing, I believe it was reported somewhere that Goddess Grace was the initial inspiration for a new (at the time) character called Dazzler. But yes...Punk Storm always made me think of Grace and vice versa.
    Yes, Grace Jones was the model before they made a deal for a Bo Derek movie that was never made.
    Young Bo Derek:
    Attachment 76192
    Grace Jones Dazzler:
    Attachment 76193

I always thought naomi Campbell was a perfect Storm

They are going to have to find some elusive newbie, because there's no one age appropriate(20's) on the normal Hollywood radar that rings true to me. Even if they go up a little to the 30's(which honestly I hope they don't, I prefer to see teenaged/college aged X-Men recruited and trained, and grow into their role as heroes/leaders over several movies), there's still no one who really nails it for me. Anna Diop as Starfire was a step in the right direction for Storm in some ways, but I think we can do better.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member

They are going to have to find some elusive newbie, because there's no one age appropriate(20's) on the normal Hollywood radar that rings true to me. Even if they go up a little to the 30's(which honestly I hope they don't, I prefer to see teenaged/college aged X-Men recruited and trained, and grow into their role as heroes/leaders over several movies), there's still no one who really nails it for me. Anna Diop as Starfire was a step in the right direction for Storm in some ways, but I think we can do better.
    I agree with you, which is a shame! We should have 2 or 3 names immediately! I would be fine if they go with a completely unknown actress.
    And yes, young X-Men would be a good thing if they intend it to last!

In some ways, I think an unknown is best. Who was Hugh Jackman to the masses? Most had never seen him, so all they saw was Wolverine, and he is Wolverine to so many. I think there's a young woman out there who has the look and the energy for Ororo, and when they really lean into her presentation and story for the MCU, it could be something very special.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Do you guys think Storm is going to be better than Thor at controlling the weather in the MCU.

To be honest Thor has not done and shown any impressive Weather Feats.

Thor 1: Made a LAME Tornado

Thor 2: Didn't really do any weather feats.

Thor 3: Just had lighting course through him and made a big lightning bolt that hit Hela

Avengers: He did one lightning bolt

Infinity War: Made a Big Lightning blast..

I'm not impressed with what he's done so far.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 01-05-2019 at 03:18 PM.

I agree that there is really no one who can truly pass as Storm. I don't think there has ever been someone for me to be honest. I feel like Grace Jones only works as Punk Storm and that's it. Not to mention I don't think she's Storm's height. Naomi and Iman always seemed too frail and I don't believe would work for an action sequence.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Do you guys think Storm is going to be better than Thor at controlling the weather in the MCU.

To be honest Thor has not done and shown any impressive Weather Feats.

Thor 1: Made a LAME Tornado

Thor 2: Didn't really do any weather feats.

Thor 3: Just had lighting course through him and made a big lightning bolt that hit Hela

Avengers: He did one lightning bolt

Infinity War: Made a Big Lightning blast..

I'm not impressed with what he's done so far.
    Probably. I've always felt that Thor was more of a lightning person. And Storm more versatile.