Page 104 of 662 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by NeptuneNebula View Post
    Hello all, NeptuneNebula here. Honored to be amongst those who adore the Goddess Hadari Yao in ALL of her glory. Thank you for posting a fuller response regarding Storm now being bald. I'm against it as her hair is a part of her; she uses it in the clouds. One could even say it represented clouds. Thankful to read other's opinions as well. I was reading comments on another subject, the film 12 YEARS A SLAVE and this comment stood out:
    I learned about women in slavery when I took a African American history class last semester and I understood why black women are more rebels, even in modern day society. Some women consented to sex with the masters just to get by, also getting their heads shaved to remove their individuality.
    I believe two things are happening here: Lonnie is lazy and he's purposefully removing a part of Storms individuality. Her hair has been multiple lengths so styling it another way wouldn't have been an issue but to completely remove her hair is insulting. To blame it on being part African is VERY lazy as there are LOT's of African born women who have hair in multiple styles; bald isn't the main one or the only one.
    What Lonnie needs to remember is he will be remembered for this work; not for his intention/deep meaning.
    Yeah I appreciate all the insight, I was looking at it as more of a woman thing than a culture thing but after reading all the comments I realize now it was an insensitive choice.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    More than likely that they are better portrayed as friends here than in DP.

Fox-Men Storm only loves Mystique, and you can see her lightning popping off behind Quicksilver(so she basically is striking first) after Jean kills Raven. Fox-Men Jean and Ororo have basically no specific, sisterly bond.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Hey, guys. Can anyone explain me why Storm/Forge pairing is so unpopular? Storm fans don't like Forge or something?
    Forge is often times just a color-swapped Tony Stark; I just can't enjoy the concept of a Native American denying his mystical heritage in favor of technology, and actively working with the [American] military industrial complex. I'm sure Claremont thought he was being clever, but it just rings offensive to me. In Storm's story, he's really more of a plot device to spur her character development through her period of depowerment. Not even Claremont really developed them as a loving couple to any great extent, and later writers never did much with them either. Add on to that his retraction of his proposal and dipping out with Mystique after crushing her heart in his hand, and it just doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hey there beloved. I made a whole post about why I dont care for them. i cant obviously speak for all the fans but this one here never liked the pairing:

everything ororo was or had ever been, her connection to her powers, the planet was stripped away from her. forge instead of comforting her talks to her with disdain and extreme disregard. and what was most unfortunate about it all is that he knew what he was doing:

they had a love affair based upon proximity but forge would much later verbally assault ororo again in later years because she hesitated at accepting his proposal even though she was going to say yes:

i could never see her with a man who was so callous and so mean-spirited. he then went on to date mystique of all creatures.... yuck!!

this is primarily why I dont like the pairing.
    Damn, he said everything except "You without me ain't s*it". Im using these next time some in a FB group drags Tchalla over Storm. Lol.

I read something about the footage that was shown somewhere about dark Phoenix and I think Storm might have a cool fight scene. Don’t wanna get my hopes up but the trailer looked good, pleasant.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Damn, he said everything except "You without me ain't s*it". Im using these next time some in a FB group drags Tchalla over Storm. Lol.
    lololol right??? yea forge was savage af. I would never want her to be with a man who was abusive as he was. For all of tchalla's faults that eventually led to their annulled marriage he at least sought to make right all the mistakes he made.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    I read something about the footage that was shown somewhere about dark Phoenix and I think Storm might have a cool fight scene. Don’t wanna get my hopes up but the trailer looked good, pleasant.
    I wouldn't get my hopes up either because if that is true I expect Storm to come out on the losing end. I expect pretty much everyone to job to Jean and her angry white-woman rage.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

T'Challa and Forge are both not right for Storm. BP has too many obligations beyond her, as did Forge in the 90's(with X-Factor). Storm really needs her own solo book, and any man(or woman) she decides to engage with should have all eyes on her.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I wouldn't get my hopes up either because if that is true I expect Storm to come out on the losing end. I expect pretty much everyone to job to Jean and her angry white-woman rage.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    T'Challa and Forge are both not right for Storm. BP has too many obligations beyond her, as did Forge in the 90's(with X-Factor). Storm really needs her own solo book, and any man(or woman) she decides to engage with should have all eyes on her.
    tchalla put all those obligations on the side for her. that was partially what coates demonstrated in the first season of his BP book.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    To be fair, the people who are ragging on T'challa would agree that Forge was also garbage toward her--lest they're Forge/Storm fans. So whataboutism doesn't really work here.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    tchalla put all those obligations on the side for her. that was partially what coates demonstrated in the first season of his BP book.
    Ok, sure...

Where is he now, somewhere in space with NuNakia? Not exactly helpful for Ororo.