Page 106 of 460 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 6887
  1. #1576
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    your objections dont align to canon. if she had no influence on the decision why was she the first one he chose to visit?
    Sex.

    He just left his mother and sister. Only other thing to do is watch TV or science stuff.

  2. #1577
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yost's Worlds Apart was the 'best' the pairing was written from an X perspective, but even there, Storm ran over Wakanda, BP, the Dora, and the X-Men, which perfectly illustrates by point above. They just operate on completely different frequencies.
    What do you mean "ran over"?

  3. #1578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    What do you mean "ran over"?
    Beat them all.

    In most of BP's run with them married, Storm had to pwn to him; defer to his leadership, not interfere with his fights, not take the crown when he was incapacitated. In Words Apart, Storm defied Wakanda, beat the Dora, beat BP himself, and even defied Bast and used her to suit her own designs. I'm sure BP fans were rolling their eyes at that. They just aren't on an even field, and so one of them is always going to have to be smooshed down to fit the other(like when Storm was reduced to fighting the Skrulls with a sword when she could have destroyed the entire armada before they even touched down on the ground).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  4. #1579
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Beat them all.

    In most of BP's run with them married, Storm had to pwn to him; defer to his leadership, not interfere with his fights, not take the crown when he was incapacitated. In Words Apart, Storm defied Wakanda, beat the Dora, beat BP himself, and even defied Bast and used her to suit her own designs. I'm sure BP fans were rolling their eyes at that. They just aren't on an even field, and so one of them is always going to have to be smooshed down to fit the other(like when Storm was reduced to fighting the Skrulls with a sword when she could have destroyed the entire armada before they even touched down on the ground).
    Tchalla was possessed. As a BP fan, only thing I didnt like about it was the endin dialogue.

    Aaron wrote everybody down so he could have a medieval battle. Which it the type if fighting he prefers to write.
    Last edited by Cville; 03-30-2019 at 04:20 PM.

  5. #1580
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Beat them all.

    In most of BP's run with them married, Storm had to pwn to him; defer to his leadership, not interfere with his fights, not take the crown when he was incapacitated. In Words Apart, Storm defied Wakanda, beat the Dora, beat BP himself, and even defied Bast and used her to suit her own designs. I'm sure BP fans were rolling their eyes at that. They just aren't on an even field, and so one of them is always going to have to be smooshed down to fit the other(like when Storm was reduced to fighting the Skrulls with a sword when she could have destroyed the entire armada before they even touched down on the ground).
    Well, the Queen of Wakanda canít do EVERYTHING. Lol we have to show that King TíChalla is at least relevant and helpful to the situation at hand. (Though I agree with you, having Storm take down the entire Skrull armada would have been about 2sec)
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm Ororo Munroe
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!

  6. #1581
    Mighty Member BlkGldBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    OK so here we go.
    Forge was never the true love for Ororo.
    I took him as relationship. it was deep and it was at a turning point in her life. But not the Man for her. Forge was too weak and has been shown to be easily corruptible too many times.

  7. #1582
    Mighty Member BlkGldBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Wow so this again.

    So to the point of skull invasions.
    Storm taking to the air and hurricaneing the skulls would have been pointless.
    Cause the whole point was to win the war. Not for Storm to have epic power display.
    In story they already let you know they had two personal superskrulls waiting for her.
    And even if Storm did win her battle ,Wakanda would have lost.
    Maybe the skull would leveled all of Wakanda from space if tides was losing. Storm differed to her Husband the smartest man in the MU to save the day. I would say trust was key here

  8. #1583

  9. #1584
    Spectacular Member stormstan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    153

    Default

    She did make a point. Ororo definitely doesnít need a man and isnít validated by having one. I think the X-men should be introduced first then we mingle with the other characters

  10. #1585

    Default

    I don't want T'Challa and Ororo to be a romantic couple in the MCU(they don't have a very good track record for romance in these films, and Nakia is already played by an Oscar winning actress(Lupita) who is more age-appropriate for Chadwick), so in this I agree with Shipp. Her points about many characters not being well utilized, though, is more of a Fox-Men problem, than an MCU problem. Fox-Storm was just a blip in the background for all these movies, but the MCU has shown an astonishing level of mastery in terms of giving all of their ensemble a shining moment and something to do, narrative-wise, even with their huge cast, and even for the non-big 3 characters(Iron Man, Cap, Thor). I think a featured cameo/supporting role for Ororo in BP2(in a non-romantic capacity) would get the audience excited for a new version of Storm, so much so that a Storm solo wouldn't be impossible. I mean, given the success of Captain Marvel, which while not a horrible movie, was kinda bland, I think a well delivered Storm solo film could be incredible and even more successful. The MCU brand is so well established at this point, they can turn straw into gold. If they actually start off with the bounty of riches Storm brings to the table(visually, character-wise, canon-wise, and in terms of something like real world situations like famine relief, or climate change), there are no limits to how high she could soar!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  11. #1586

    Default

    Ha I love that she admits that she and other actors have very little lines due to the cast size. Storm, one of the most icon heros barely has any lines, sums up a major problem FOX has always had.

    That said, I also kind of agree that Storm shouldn't be held back to a support role, but it's also the best way to introduce her and something all the X-Men apart from Wolverine will suffer from.

  12. #1587
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Ha I love that she admits that she and other actors have very little lines due to the cast size. Storm, one of the most icon heros barely has any lines, sums up a major problem FOX has always had.

    That said, I also kind of agree that Storm shouldn't be held back to a support role, but it's also the best way to introduce her and something all the X-Men apart from Wolverine will suffer from.
    LOL the fact that she admitted that she doesn't have many lines and then admitted to being in the background like Sasquatch is just too much for me.

    While I don't see it happening, I would like for T'Challa and Storm to be together in the MCU.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  13. #1588
    Spectacular Member twisted sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    She did make a point. Ororo definitely doesn’t need a man and isn’t validated by having one. I think the X-men should be introduced first then we mingle with the other characters
    Yea. She doesn't HAVE to be introduced in Black Panther. If done correctly I could go for the story of Professor recruiting the team to go save the O5 as a starting point. I have no qualms with her and T'Challa's relationship but sometimes we keep saying she needs to be introduced in his film like she needs that for validation. I know that's not the intention but that's the way it comes off. I would like to see the relationship in the MCU eventually but it doesn't have to be her starting point. Ororo and T'Challa are both strong characters independent of each other and powerful together. I personally would like to see both sides portrayed.

  14. #1589
    Spectacular Member stormstan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Yea. She doesn't HAVE to be introduced in Black Panther. If done correctly I could go for the story of Professor recruiting the team to go save the O5 as a starting point. I have no qualms with her and T'Challa's relationship but sometimes we keep saying she needs to be introduced in his film like she needs that for validation. I know that's not the intention but that's the way it comes off. I would like to see the relationship in the MCU eventually but it doesn't have to be her starting point. Ororo and T'Challa are both strong characters independent of each other and powerful together. I personally would like to see both sides portrayed.
    I agree! Her starting in BP could come off that way

  15. #1590
    Spectacular Member twisted sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Ha I love that she admits that she and other actors have very little lines due to the cast size. Storm, one of the most icon heros barely has any lines, sums up a major problem FOX has always had.

    That said, I also kind of agree that Storm shouldn't be held back to a support role, but it's also the best way to introduce her and something all the X-Men apart from Wolverine will suffer from.
    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    LOL the fact that she admitted that she doesn't have many lines and then admitted to being in the background like Sasquatch is just too much for me.

    While I don't see it happening, I would like for T'Challa and Storm to be together in the MCU.
    I wonder if all of that about the the lack of lines and being background fodder was pent up frustration and now that she probably know she wont be playing Storm again she feels safe to vocalize it. She's essentially saying the same thing we've been saying for a very long time. X-Men movies have focused on the same few characters too much.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •