Page 107 of 662 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207607 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 9921

I think introducing Ororo in BP2 just makes sense(though I would make her more a contemporary of Shuri in terms of age, and not a romantic interest for T'Challa). No one is mad that T'Challa was introduced first in CA3. He got an excellent featured supporting role there(I actually like T'Challa more there than in his own solo where the women of Wakanda and Killmonger actually overshadow him), and then went on to have his own blockbuster movie. While I definitely want the first MCU team X-Men movie to follow the Giant Sized X-Men model, including Xavier recruiting goddess Ororo, I think having a featured cameo of Ororo in Kenya, which is just across Lake Victoria from Wakanda in some maps, in BP2 is just a logical cross-promotion. I definitely want a Storm solo film, but there's nothing wrong with using the shared universe of the MCU to it's fullest advantage, and BP1 did an amazing job with the female characters featured therein, so why not one more?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Regardless of how shes introduced, I'm praying for a solid story and solid performance that shows how Ororo is strong, beautiful, regal, and badass all rolled up into one.

As far as a solo, other than her origin what other aspects/stories would you all like to see?

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Regardless of how shes introduced, I'm praying for a solid story and solid performance that shows how Ororo is strong, beautiful, regal, and badass all rolled up into one.

As far as a solo, other than her origin what other aspects/stories would you all like to see?
    I'd like to see her mother's culture expanded, to be more like a Themyscira type situation for her, tying into magic(Dr. Strange) and maybe even the Celestials(Eternals). Maybe then the comics would actually do something with that huge, unexplored concept too. (And that way we can have Naomi Campbell and Iman as brief cameos as her ancestors Ayesha and Ashake!!!) I would also like connections to Shadow King and Apocalypse, that will later serve as big bads for the whole team(or MCU at large).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Sex.

He just left his mother and sister. Only other thing to do is watch TV or science stuff.
    tchalla is the black panther and the king of wakanda. he can get that from anyone. it went well beyond that:

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Ok, sure...

Where is he now, somewhere in space with NuNakia? Not exactly helpful for Ororo.
    he went to explore a wormhole and the way in which he was transported to the future has yet to be explained. true love is not dictated by proximity or time. and this is why their love for each other endures.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Tchalla was possessed. As a BP fan, only thing I didnt like about it was the endin dialogue.

Aaron wrote everybody down so he could have a medieval battle. Which it the type if fighting he prefers to write.

aaron cant write ororo it his writing career depended on it. this is the one who wrote their battle in avx. tchalla placed some nanites in the sky and that apparently made her defenseless powerwise. if he prefers to write medieval battles he should find a company that will let him do that. ororo is an African weather goddess who is a high level energy manipulator. if he can't get that he doesnt need to be writing her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    OK so here we go.
    Forge was never the true love for Ororo.
    I took him as relationship. it was deep and it was at a turning point in her life. But not the Man for her. Forge was too weak and has been shown to be easily corruptible too many times.
    agreed 100x
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Poor Alex. I think the news of the merger has gotten to her. Lets evaluate this:

"No!" Shipp told LRMonline at WonderCon 2019 upon being asked if she'd like to portray the romance between Storm and Black Panther on the big screen. "No, I don't think Storm needs T'Challa, and I think she needs her own movie! It doesn't have to be me, it just needs to be made. A woman does not need a man in order to give her validity and she has also been around longer than him."

First off it was only two years ago Alex was shipping for these two to be together, why the change of tune:

Recently, Alexandra Shipp, who plays Storm in this month’s X-Men: Apocalypse, told The Obsev that one of her professional pipe dreams involves bringing her mutant hero together with Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther for a blockbuster outing.

“I want that movie so bad. I’ve got a pitch, I’m like coming up with a vision board, I want this movie to happen,” she said. “Honestly it doesn’t have to be me – if Chadwick [Boseman] was like ‘you know what, I really want to do this with Halle [Berry]’ I’d be like yo, that’s fine at least make the movie.”

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...re-the-screen/

Also Chile Tchalla has been around longer than Ororo if you gone go off about her not needing a man get your facts straight. Lastly, all of this frustration sounds hollow when the franchise you at one pointed championed as getting Ororo right butchered her origins by using Apocalypse (who is a man) to power her up to "full potential." All of that comes off to me as her lashing out because she realizes her days are numbered as the actress for this character.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Poor Alex. I think the news of the merger has gotten to her. Lets evaluate this:

"No!" Shipp told LRMonline at WonderCon 2019 upon being asked if she'd like to portray the romance between Storm and Black Panther on the big screen. "No, I don't think Storm needs T'Challa, and I think she needs her own movie! It doesn't have to be me, it just needs to be made. A woman does not need a man in order to give her validity and she has also been around longer than him."

First off it was only two years ago Alex was shipping for these two to be together, why the change of tune:

Recently, Alexandra Shipp, who plays Storm in this month’s X-Men: Apocalypse, told The Obsev that one of her professional pipe dreams involves bringing her mutant hero together with Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther for a blockbuster outing.

“I want that movie so bad. I’ve got a pitch, I’m like coming up with a vision board, I want this movie to happen,” she said. “Honestly it doesn’t have to be me – if Chadwick [Boseman] was like ‘you know what, I really want to do this with Halle [Berry]’ I’d be like yo, that’s fine at least make the movie.”

Also Chile Tchalla has been around longer than Ororo if you gone go off about her not needing a man get your facts straight. Lastly, all of this frustration sounds hollow when the franchise you at one pointed championed as getting Ororo right butchered her origins by using Apocalypse (who is a man) to power her up to "full potential." All of that comes off to me as her lashing out because she realizes her days are numbered as the actress for this character.
    Hahahaha I did like the point she made about there not being enough for each character! I hate that!

I dont have time to read through this whole thread but another thumbs up to Storm and T'Challa here
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-02-2019 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

Yes chy. She sounded bitter AF!! Although she made some valid points about the lack of lines and being background fodder you cant help but laugh at her bitterness. Like i said sounds like she been wanting to say stuff but held it in. Girl just end your Fox-Men days with grace lol.

Attachment 80637

T'challa got Storm singing Keyshia Cole "Love"...all off key and everything...lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont have time to read through this whole thread but another thumbs up to Storm and T'Challa her
    Same I just skip over it:....

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    Hahahaha I did like the point she made about there not being enough for each character! I hate that!
    why is she complaining something that is happening on foxmen? mcu has been known to doing well with lots of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Attachment 80637

T'challa got Storm singing Keyshia Cole "Love"...all off key and everything...lol
    lolol u a mess but u right she is gone

Yes chy. She sounded bitter AF!! Although she made some valid points about the lack of lines and being background fodder you cant help but laugh at her bitterness. Like i said sounds like she been wanting to say stuff but held it in. Girl just end your Fox-Men days with grace lol.

yaaasss maam shes very bitter. what she is complaining about has been her whole existence with being Storm and the Foxmen. lolol

I love Storm + BP, It can actually work very fine, Ororo just needs to keep cultivating her "wild" side and not act like a tamed stormbot (but this is just directed to all the untalented writers out there who wrote her so.)
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I actually don't disagree with all of Shipp's points, even though I don't want her to play Storm in the MCU. I would much rather Storm be introduced separate from Black Panther and then their shared history explored once both characters are established. I don't want her to be known as the Black Panther's girl friend to the larger MCU audience, but rather as the kick ass woman she is.

All good points and I too want a solid story + performance from the upcoming films.

In regards to her solo, like others have mentioned I want her mystical heritage explored. I also want her father's legacy to be explored as well. I want her to (re)establish a firm connection to Harlem. Perhaps she can get a loft apartment and use the city as one of her HQ's.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!