Page 109 of 662 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209609 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Of course they dont. Coates can say they love each other as much as he wants, but unless he puts a ring on it, two characters from different properties dont have much if a chance unless it's part of a crossover story. As long as they're only dating, nothing that happens for her in BP matters.
    Hence why Hudlin did what he did, despite it being "quick." He was trying to insure it would last as long as possible.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    In response to Major X storyline, Ive always had an issue with them introducing descendants/offspring of my fav only to drop the ball and do nothing with them at all. I was really curious about learning more about Kymera contrary to popular believe I love Black Panther and Storm together it can work if done right we just dont have many examples of it being done right doesnt mean it cant happen. Who know maybe being that it has some of "that" bloodline in the child they may push him more. I want Kymera back as well as this new child and explore her a bit more, since that is the only offspring ill acknowledge lol.

In regards to Storm being introduced in BP2, my reasoning for that isnt just because I want them shown togther and in love its for the facts that Black Panther was a juggernaut of a movie and having her intro in the second part of that movie which will likely be a smash is just smart to me, put more eyes on her for her debut, get people talking about and salivating for her that may not know who she is. Eventhough I dont see the issue with starting something between them regardless of whom is playing Nakia, plenty of Oscar winning get smaller roles and I still stand by her following her comic book iteration down the path would still make great use of Lupitas acting so im here for it though i feel they may go younger with Storm in which I suggested Ryan Destiny (Naomi plays her mother on the show), though id love a solo movie I just dont see much they could do with that, they never really explored Storm as a solo character, im over the Shadow King and tired of Callisto who else do you think would make for a solid main villain for her solo and what would be the mior/major plot?
    good points. I think a good villain for storm would doom or selene or maybe deluge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Of course they dont. Coates can say they love each other as much as he wants, but unless he puts a ring on it, two characters from different properties dont have much if a chance unless it's part of a crossover story. As long as they're only dating, nothing that happens for her in BP matters.

This isnt true at all. Anyone claiming the xoffices dont care about what Coates is doing has been reading all the xbooks that clearly reference their connection. Xmen Red is one book that link to their interaction, the hunt for wolverine is another, and then uncanny xmen where the writers confirmed that storm is a goddess (which coates was the author who created this new development). I would agree it's not their focus as of now but give it time to play out. I recall many saying the xoffices would never acknowledge she was a goddess but that was clearly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hence why Hudlin did what he did, despite it being "quick." He was trying to insure it would last as long as possible.
    I wholeheartedly disagree with the sentiment is was quick. I'm glad you put that in quotations.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Hi There! Can someone please point to any evidence that Hudlin didnt want Ororo used by the xoffices when she was married to Tchalla? Was having a discussion in the darp Phoenix thread but it seemed more appropriate to discuss here.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I'm sorry but yet another alternate reality offspring of 2 established characters is just lazy, boring and uncreative at this point.

Such a recycled tactic to make a new character "happen."

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Hi There! Can someone please point to any evidence that Hudlin didnt want Ororo used by the xoffices when she was married to Tchalla? Was having a discussion in the darp Phoenix thread but it seemed more appropriate to discuss here.

This entire issue is proof.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

This entire issue is proof.
    This is nice but where did hudlin say he didnt want the xoffices to use ororo? This is what you mentioned in the other thread that he wanted her all to himself. Also this would contradict your claim of her being unable to be used by the xoffices:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-03-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Are you seriously arguing that the annual shows that Clarmeont was behind the marriage and willingly gave her over? The wedding was hamfisted and editorially mandated due to Hudlin's BET BP show(which never actually aired in the US!!). World Apart was an attempt(two or three years later) to bring both fandoms back together again in what was obviously(and continues to be) a divisive move.

Are you seriously arguing that the annual shows that Clarmeont was behind the marriage and willingly gave her over? The wedding was hamfisted and editorially mandated due to Hudlin's BET BP show(which never actually aired in the US!!). World Apart was an attempt(two or three years later) to bring both fandoms back together again in what was obviously(and continues to be) a divisive move.
    Of course not. I know Hudlin wanted her but she is an X-property at the end of the day. Any decision not to use her by the x-offices was due to them not wanting to do so. If Hudlin had a condition that he could only write her we would have never seen her in books like Xmen WA or Xmen Astonishing etc. I'm not convinced that Hudlin was the force preventing her from being used In the xbooks; that was a decision made by the xoffices and nothing you have posted at this point supports the statement he wanted her all to himself.

Claremont would not have let her go unless someone higher up the chain took her from him. Straight up. Hudlin made her into a BP character, and could not have done that without someone higher up the chain giving him that ability. Now, a couple years later, when BP's sales started to level out/diminish(and that show got banned from airing in the US), (that's when you get BP and Storm joining the FF, and Thing and Human Torch co-starring in BP) a 4 issue mini series for Storm, or a later run of Astonishing or Wood's run, start to bring her back into the X-fold(slightly), but she didn't have a serious role in the X-line until after AvX broke them up(and they threw her at Logan, made her headmistress, and gave her the Pak solo).
    Last edited by yogaflame; 04-03-2019 at 12:06 PM.

Claremont would not have let her go unless someone higher up the chain took her from him. Straight up. Hudlin made her into a BP character, and could not have done that without someone higher up the chain giving him that ability. Now, a couple years later, when BP's sales started to level out/diminish, (that's when you get BP and Storm joining the FF, and Thing and Human Torch co-starring in BP) a 4 issue mini series for Storm, or a later run of Astonishing or Wood's run, start to bring her back into the X-fold(slightly), but she didn't have a serious role in the X-line until after AvX broke them up(and they threw her at Logan, made her headmistress, and gave her the Pak solo).
    It was Alonso who let hudlin use Ororo. Hudlin mentioned he worked closely with the xoffices in telling that horrible Storm mini that was retconned. Bottom line, as I said, any decision to not use Storm by the xoffices was at their discretion. If the higher ups wanted her to be used by Claremont they could have done so but editorial did not because they wanted to push Cyclops and Emma being the head honchos of the xmen.

https://www.cbr.com/hudlin-dickey-ta...storm-wedding/

Yes hudlin wanted storm and got her but the blame of her not being used by the xoffices was not his fault, it was the xoffices themselves.

They are obviously not going to tell the sordid backroom dealings in a CBR interview, but even so, Alonso laughs and intimates the BET connection being a part of it all.

"Alonso: And if we're very lucky, maybe BET will have something to say about this. (laughs) [Editor's Note: Reginald Hudlin is the President of Entertainment for television network BET]"

You just have to read inbetween the lines. Ignoring the speculation, how exactly would Storm have been intimately involved in X-Men affairs in NYC while also hanging on to T'Challa's every move(during the original Civil War event, no less, during which the X-Men were basically interned by the ONE sentinels at the mansion)? For Storm and BP to get married, she necessarily had to be with him, and not with the X-Men. Or did you want BP moving into the mansion and abandoning his country to be basically imprisoned with the mutants?

Behind the scenes dealings notwithstanding, it would have never worked from a storytelling perspective. This is also the reason why when BP took over for Daredevil, Storm was basically thrown out the window, because how can you have a gritty street level caper when you have a weather goddess who could strike all these thugs down with a thought? They really are thematically on different levels and their failed marriage is testament to that.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    All good points and I too want a solid story + performance from the upcoming films.

In regards to her solo, like others have mentioned I want her mystical heritage explored. I also want her father's legacy to be explored as well. I want her to (re)establish a firm connection to Harlem. Perhaps she can get a loft apartment and use the city as one of her HQ's.
    Another part of my MCU movie head cannon that'll probably never happen would be the Black Panther & crew. Doesn't have to be that same story exactly but those Characters would rock. I loved seeing the Characters in one story working together so I could only imagine seeing it on the big scrren if done right. I pray somewhere down the line we could get something similar.

S/n: i was so mad when the canceled Like Cage

They are obviously not going to tell the sordid backroom dealings in a CBR interview, but even so, Alonso laughs and intimates the BET connection being a part of it all.

"Alonso: And if we're very lucky, maybe BET will have something to say about this. (laughs) [Editor's Note: Reginald Hudlin is the President of Entertainment for television network BET]"

You just have to read inbetween the lines. Ignoring the speculation, how exactly would Storm have been intimately involved in X-Men affairs in NYC while also hanging on to T'Challa's every move(during the original Civil War event, no less, during which the X-Men were basically interned by the ONE sentinels at the mansion)? For Storm and BP to get married, she necessarily had to be with him, and not with the X-Men. Or did you want BP moving into the mansion and abandoning his country to be basically imprisoned with the mutants?

Behind the scenes dealings notwithstanding, it would have never worked from a storytelling perspective. This is also the reason why when BP took over for Daredevil, Storm was basically thrown out the window, because how can you have a gritty street level caper when you have a weather goddess who could strike all these thugs down with a thought? They really are thematically on different levels and their failed marriage is testament to that.
    There is no need to need to read between the lines because he says exactly what I've been stating in the interview I posted:

Reginald, how close have you worked with Axel to be to tell a good story, but also to keep Storm close to her X-Men continuity?

Hudlin: I'm a big X-Men reader, so it's pretty easy because I'm a fan of the book. Whenever we're writing down stuff that affects characters who are found in other books, there's coordination between the editors and between the writers. One of us will rough out the idea of what we want, toss is past the next guy and make sure that we're not stepping on each other's toes. We all try to play fair because we'll all need a favor tomorrow and no one wants to get in the way of a good story.

Why would he need to interact in such a manner if he wanted Storm all to himself? Why would this matter what other writers are doing if she was now only a BP property as you mentioned earlier? Its simple - he was using a character that belonged to the xoffices and he had to ensure his stories aligned with the things they were doing (or not doing) with Ororo. To your point about her appearing in NYC while being in Wakanda I never hear these complaints when you have Wolverine with the Xmen in one or multiple xbooks, and then he is off in space with the Avengers in another book. I dont understand the double standard with Ororo but ignoring that the answer to your question is simple: it's a comicbook. How she would interact with the Xmen while being a Queen in Wakanda didnt really have to make sense if they (the xoffices) wanted to use her at that point. They simply didnt want to and Hudlin has been a scapegoat by a certain parts of the fandom who hated the marriage. The truth, though, is that Hudlin wasnt the issue the xoffices were.

And you are incorrect about the reason the marriage failed. It had to do with marvel not owning mutants. Hudlin explained this in another interview:

Interviewer: I need to get that. How did you feel when they annulled the marriage six years later?

Hudlin: That was really, I thought, a mistake. Because there was this tension between Fox and Marvel over the properties and all that stuff, they were like, “No, no, no, we just want to separate the mutants out from the characters that we hold control over.” They were caught in the crossfire of that, but obviously, to break up such a high-profile black marriage in comics had a much bigger symbolic value and was really frustrating to a lot of fans.

https://www.vulture.com/2018/02/blac...interview.html
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-03-2019 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Another part of my MCU movie head cannon that'll probably never happen would be the Black Panther & crew. Doesn't have to be that same story exactly but those Characters would rock. I loved seeing the Characters in one story working together so I could only imagine seeing it on the big scrren if done right. I pray somewhere down the line we could get something similar.

they may bring those shows back (luke cage) under the disney video streaming channel. dont lose hope yet.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post

I agree. I think Coates' team line-up for The Crew appearing on screen would be dope. I actually liked his short lived series and was disappointed when it was cancelled.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!