Page 11 of 662 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111511 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Probably. I've always felt that Thor was more of a lightning person. And Storm more versatile.
    Right, Movie Thor has limited weather abilities...mostly lightning attacks
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    In some ways, I think an unknown is best. Who was Hugh Jackman to the masses? Most had never seen him, so all they saw was Wolverine, and he is Wolverine to so many. I think there's a young woman out there who has the look and the energy for Ororo, and when they really lean into her presentation and story for the MCU, it could be something very special.
    excellent point. I actually think I would prefer a no name to someone already known as at least the actress will have a clean slate to wow the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Do you guys think Storm is going to be better than Thor at controlling the weather in the MCU.

To be honest Thor has not done and shown any impressive Weather Feats.

Thor 1: Made a LAME Tornado

Thor 2: Didn't really do any weather feats.

Thor 3: Just had lighting course through him and made a big lightning bolt that hit Hela

Avengers: He did one lightning bolt

Infinity War: Made a Big Lightning blast..

I'm not impressed with what he's done so far.
    I'm hoping that beyond just power they get her characterization correct. but to your question I think they will. i think it would be super redundant to just show her shooting a whole bunch of lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I agree that there is really no one who can truly pass as Storm. I don't think there has ever been someone for me to be honest. I feel like Grace Jones only works as Punk Storm and that's it. Not to mention I don't think she's Storm's height. Naomi and Iman always seemed too frail and I don't believe would work for an action sequence.
    well I think people had similar complaints about gal gadot and she ended up proving those critics wrong. nevertheless if they are depicting her right out of africa I wouldn't mind a thin/slim build woman to an athletic one as she wouldnt really have any combat experience.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Do you guys think Storm is going to be better than Thor at controlling the weather in the MCU.

To be honest Thor has not done and shown any impressive Weather Feats.

Thor 1: Made a LAME Tornado

Thor 2: Didn't really do any weather feats.

Thor 3: Just had lighting course through him and made a big lightning bolt that hit Hela

Avengers: He did one lightning bolt

Infinity War: Made a Big Lightning blast..

I'm not impressed with what he's done so far.
    I would hope that they would make her creative and versatile like she is in comics. Like chaining lightning vs multiple targets, more handle projected elemental blasts, aerial agility, open up the ozone layer/planets M-field, crafty use of air/wind (like a compressed air force field), flash floods or massive tidal waves, ocean current manipulation, etc. IÂ’d like see Storm delve more into the chemical science involved behind weather phenomena (not too extreme at first but gradually developed over the course of time/sequel appearances). I think another strong differentiation 2 is potraying her skill in combat, embracing her natural leadership abilities and tactical thinking.

sidebar: are any of you watching the gifted? I think the shoe is done pretty well, though there is still that problem with black heroes playing a significant role.. I'm liking it much better than.the movies and had the movies been done as good as gifted I may not have been so eager with the Disney merger.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    In some ways, I think an unknown is best. Who was Hugh Jackman to the masses? Most had never seen him, so all they saw was Wolverine, and he is Wolverine to so many. I think there's a young woman out there who has the look and the energy for Ororo, and when they really lean into her presentation and story for the MCU, it could be something very special.
    This is what I think is the best. Need someone with significant gravitas and presence but have the ability to also be soft and compassionate. I can't really think of a big name who really fits and there's a lot of talented black female actors out there who are unknown and have been limited by Hollywood racism. A newcomer would be a good choice to find the perfect Storm

It gonna be Beyonce.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Right, Movie Thor has limited weather abilities...mostly lightning attacks
    I love seeing how Thor is taking the role as lightning spammer, because they'll have to focus on her being more versatile, do small scale yet powerful feats etc to keep from them being too similar.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Probably. I've always felt that Thor was more of a lightning person. And Storm more versatile.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

I'm hoping that beyond just power they get her characterization correct. but to your question I think they will. i think it would be super redundant to just show her shooting a whole bunch of lightning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I would hope that they would make her creative and versatile like she is in comics. Like chaining lightning vs multiple targets, more handle projected elemental blasts, aerial agility, open up the ozone layer/planets M-field, crafty use of air/wind (like a compressed air force field), flash floods or massive tidal waves, ocean current manipulation, etc. IÂ’d like see Storm delve more into the chemical science involved behind weather phenomena (not too extreme at first but gradually developed over the course of time/sequel appearances). I think another strong differentiation 2 is potraying her skill in combat, embracing her natural leadership abilities and tactical thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I love seeing how Thor is taking the role as lightning spammer, because they'll have to focus on her being more versatile, do small scale yet powerful feats etc to keep from them being too similar.
    Very Interesting. I think Marvel won’t delegate her to Lightning Lass anymore because Thor seems to do that ALL the time. He does nothing, but spam Lightning. And slams his hammer to the ground making shockwaves. I’m confident Marvel is going to show how versatile she is in power. She may do more Tornadoes and Wind Tunnels than Lightning.

Just like she did in Fox X-Men 2 spammed like 20+ Tornadoes instantly. I also thinks she may do some Lightning feats as well but like some of you said they will try to keep her from looking like Thor. They may just show and proove she controls the weather better than Thor like in a small contained area as well as world wide.

Very Interesting. I think Marvel won’t delegate her to Lightning Lass anymore because Thor seems to do that ALL the time. He does nothing, but spam Lightning. And slams his hammer to the ground making shockwaves. I’m confident Marvel is going to show how versatile she is in power. She may do more Tornadoes and Wind Tunnels than Lightning.

Just like she did in Fox X-Men 2 spammed like 20+ Tornadoes instantly. I also thinks she may do some Lightning feats as well but like some of you said they will try to keep her from looking like Thor. They may just show and proove she controls the weather better than Thor like in a small contained area as well as world wide.
    let's hope you are right .

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    when you say chemical science what do you mean by this? like her creating acid rain, combustion attacks or something like that?

BANNED

I would LOVE to see Storm create Acid Rain. Remember when Storm was in another planet and her Lightning turned into ruby quarts like cyclops. This was her first Solo. I’d like to see Storm do something like that

I would LOVE to see Storm create Acid Rain. Remember when Storm was in another planet and her Lightning turned into ruby quarts like cyclops. This was her first Solo. I’d like to see Storm do something like that
    has she canonically ever made acid rain??? I would like to see her do something like that as well. like this is the usher writers should be doing instead of showing her spam lightning all the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    has she canonically ever made acid rain??? I would like to see her do something like that as well. like this is the usher writers should be doing instead of showing her spam lightning all the time.
    I don’t know if she ever has created Acid Rain. I know Thor Did.

I don’t know if she ever has created Acid Rain. I know Thor Did.
    wait a minute when? I'm kinda shocked he has done it. when and why did he do that?

Honestly acid rain isn't outside of her range..
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡